War of Legends Smithy and Armoury Guide
War of Legends Smithy and Armoury Guide by Jade Seer
~ SMITHY and ARMOURY Guide ~
– 1 – Intoduction
– 2 – Smithy Functions, Forging
– 3 – Enhancement
– 4 – Benefits and Dangers of smithing
– 5 – Maximising success rates when smithing
– 6 – Relationship between Smithy and Armoury
– 7 – Armoury Uses
– 8 – Glossary of terms
– 9 – Glossary of terms
Welcome to this guide on using the Smithy and Armoury in War of Legends; two important buildings about which not much is known by many players. In this guide, the various benefits and uses of our Smithies and Armouries will be examined, as well as the potential losses if smithing is unsuccessful. Anybody with additional information not included in this guide is free to post it – I will look into adding any extra information to the guide as soon as possible.
• Smithy – The smithy arms your troops and enhances your magical weapons.
• Armoury – The armoury allows the production of armaments.
~ Smithy: In-depth ~
In this section of the guide, the Smithy – a highly important building in any city – is explored in-depth.
The Smithy has 3 main functions:
a) To upgrade Legends’ equipment, improving its characteristics (AKA ”Forging”).
b) To give additional bonuses to Legends’ equipment (AKA ”Enhancement”).
c) To allow higher-level Armouries to be constructed.
~ Upgrading equipment/Forging ~
To upgrade a Legend’s equipment, a Smithy of at least level 1 must be present in your city, and you will also need an item of equipment to upgrade, and a collection of Bluestones and Redstones (preferably Redstones for higher-level Forging). Bluestones and Redstones can be purchased in the shop for 5 Vouchers/JCredits and 10 JCredits respectively.
To upgrade equipment:
1. Click on your Smithy.
2. Select the first brown button (”Smith”).
3. In the top-left corner, click the green “+” symbol, and select the equipment you wish to improve.
4. Add as many Bluestones and Redstones needed to successfully improve the equipment, by clicking the green “+” symbols next to them.*
5. Click on the green button (”Smith”) in the bottom-right corner of the window.
*The success rate for Forging is based on the number of Bluestones and Redstones you decide to use. The success rate is shown at the bottom of the smithing window, and as the equipment’s grade increases with more successful Forging attempts, it becomes more difficult to successfully improve equipment by Forging.
~ Adding bonuses to equipment/Enhancement ~
The Smithy is also a key building in adding bonuses to a Legend’s equipment, giving them advantages in battle. In order to give additional bonuses to equipment, a Smithy of at least level 1 must be present in your city, an item of equipment to enhance is needed, a jewel which adds bonuses to equipment is needed, and Gem Rune and Jewel Rune items are required (these can be purchased in the shop for 10 JCredits each).
There are three types of jewel which add bonuses to items:
– Emeralds (eg. ”Halberd Em.”)
– Sapphires (eg. ”Ward Saph.”)
– Rubies (eg. ”Blood Ruby”)
To add bonuses to an item of equipment:
1. Click on your Smithy.
2. Select the second brown button (”Mount gems”)
3. Click on the brown “+” sign in the top-left corner of the window, and choose the equipment you wish to add bonuses to.
4. Select the jewel you want to use during Enhancement, by clicking on the brown “+” signs next to each jewel slot (click on the sign next to “Emerald slot” if using an Emerald, the sign next to “Sapphire slot” if using a Sapphire, etc.)
5. Tick the box(es) next to the Jewel Rune and/or Gem Rune items, to increase the success rate of Enhancement (again, this is shown at the bottom of the window).
6. When you are happy with the Enhancement success rate, click the green “Mount gems” button, in the bottom-right corner of the window.
~ BENEFITS of smithing ~
In this section of the guide, the advantages and benefits of smithing will be detailed.
• Each time an item of equipment is successfully upgraded when Forging, each attribute of the item (such as ”Aggression”, ”Courage” and ”Strategy”) will increase by 1 – but as a piece of equipment becomes higher in grade, its attributes begin to increase by more than 1 (eg. green equipment, whose attributes increase by 2 for each grade after 5), improving a Legend’s characteristics when they wear the equipment.
• When jewels are mounted on an item of equipment, bonuses are added to the equipment, which give advantages in battle. Each jewel has a distinct advantage, which can be viewed by looking at the jewel’s description in the shop.
Knowing and understanding the benefits of smithing in War of Legends is crucial for success in battle; in close battles between two powerful armies, the outcome could ultimately be decided by the presence of equipment bonuses due to mounting jewels, or higher Legend characteristics due to upgrading equipment.
~ DANGERS of smithing ~
In this section of the guide, the possible dangers and losses of smithing will be detailed.
• If a Forging attempt fails on an item of equipment lower than Grade 8, the equipment’s grade will be reduced to 0, and any Bluestones or Redstones used in attempting to improve the equipment will be lost.
• If a Forging attempt fails on an item of equipment Grade 8 or higher, the piece of equipment will be destroyed, and any Bluestones or Redstones used in attempting to improve the equipment will be lost.
• If an Enhancement attempt fails on an item of equipment, the jewel used (Emerald, Sapphire or Ruby) will be lost.
As with the benefits of smithing, knowing the possible losses and dangers of smithing is also important, to minimise the resources and items you lose following a smithing attempt which may fail.
~ MAXIMISING SUCCESS RATES in smithing ~
This portion of the guide to smithing is very important, if you wish to expend as few resources as possible on smithing attempts, and you wish to increase your chances of smithing successfully as much as possible.
In order to increase the chances of success when FORGING:
– Use greater number of Bluestones and Redstones; these increase the overall success rate for improving equipment.
– In higher-level Forging, use mainly Redstones, as these contribute to the success rate more than Bluestones.
– Use Ore Rune and Metal Rune items to limit damage to equipment if a Forging attempt fails, and protect equipment of higher grades (both the Ore Rune and Metal Rune items can be purchased in the shop for 10 JCredits).
In order to increase the chances of success when ENHANCING:
– Make sure that you use the Gem Rune and Jewel Rune items, which ensure success when mounting gemstones on equipment, and protect jewels in the event of a failed Enhancement attempt (both the Gem Rune and Jewel Rune items can be purchased in the shop for 10 JCredits each).
~ Relationship between Smithies and Armouries ~
After building a smithy in your city, you may also choose to build an Armoury, as long as you have at least 1 plot of free space in your city, and you have the required resources to construct it.
The main relationship between Smithies and Armouries is that, higher’level Smithies are needed to construct higher-level Armouries. For instance, a Smithy of at least level 1 is needed before you can build an Armoury of level 1, and a Smithy of at least level 15 is needed before you can build an Armoury of level 15.
In this way, we can say that Smithies are PREREQUISITE for building Armouries; this simply means that Armouries can not be constructed without Smithies, highlighting the great importance of Smithies in your cities. Higher-level Smithies are also ideal to build in a city, because it enables you to construct higher-level Armouries, which have their own benefits (more on this later), so it is greatly recommended that you build a Smithy in all of your cities.
This concludes the section of the guide on the Smithy; the following section is on the Armoury.
~ Armoury: In-depth ~
In this section of the guide, the Armoury is explored in-depth. However, the Armoury currently has only 2 functions in-game – fewer than the Smithy.
The Armoury has 2 main functions:
a) To allow Archers to be trained and used in battle.
b) To allow Charioteers to be trained and used in battle.
~ Archers ~
In order to train Archers, the following are needed in a city:
1. Armoury level 1
2. Garrison level 10
3. Conscription (Skill) level 5
The Armoury is needed to train Archers, however no additional bonuses for defence or other attributes of the unit are given by having a higher level Armoury.
~ Charioteers ~
In order to train Charioteers, the following are needed in a city:
1. Armoury level 5
2. Garrison level 15
3. Conscription (Skill) level 10
4. Leadership (Skill) level 1
As with Archers, a higher level Armoury does not give any additional bonuses to Charioteers when battling; an Armoury of level 5 is simply needed to be able to train Charioteers in the first instance.
This concludes the section of the guide on the Armoury (yes, this section was much shorter, I know ).
~ Glossary of terms ~
The following section briefly details some of the terms used in this guide relating to the Smithy and Armoury, and gives a definition/description of each, concluding the guide.
Archer – A type of military unit which specialises in attacking from range; an Armoury of at least level 1 is needed to train Archers.
Armoury – A building for your city, which is required for higher-level troop recruitment (eg. Archers and Charioteers).
Bluestone – An item used in Forging, which increases the success rate for equipment improvement, in item grades up to 4. It can be purchased in the shop for 5 JCredits/Vouchers.
Charioteer – A type of military unit which specialises in defence, and crushing opposing armies; an Armoury of at least level 5 is needed to train Charioteers.
Enhancement – The term used for the process of improving a Legend’s equipment by mounting gemstones on it, which provide military bonuses.
Forging – The term used for the process of improving a Legend’s equipment by increasing the equipment’s grade, which increases the attributes of the equipment.
Gemstone/Jewel – An item (either an Emerald, Sapphire or Ruby) used in Enhancement, which provides bonuses for equipment.
Gem Rune – An item which prevents an Enhancement attempt from failing. It can be purchased in the shop for 10 JCredits.
Grade – The term which describes the extent to which a piece of equipment has been improved; higher grades mean the equipment has been improved to a greater extent.
Jewel Rune – An item which prevents the destruction of a gemstone, should an Enhancement attempt fail. It can be purchased in the shop for 10 JCredits.
Metal Rune – An item which prevents a piece of equipment Grade 8 or higher from being destroyed, if a Forging attempt fails; instead, the piece of equipment is reduced to Grade 0. It can be purchased in the shop for 10 JCredits.
Ore Rune – An item which reduces the damage done to equipment if a Forging attempt fails – if the equipment is Grade 1 – 7, its grade reduces by 1; if the equipment is Grade 0, it is still destroyed. It can be purchased in the shop for 10 JCredits.
Redstone – An item used in Forging, which greatly increases the success rate for equipment improvement for equipment of all grades. It can be purchased in the shop for 10 JCredits.
Smithy – A building for your city, which enables you to improve equipment by increasing its grade, or adding bonuses to the equipment.