Pokemon Sword and Shield How to Evolve Every New Pokemon on Galar
First up are the Starter Pokémon. Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble each have two evolutions, and what they evolve into can make a trainer’s decision easier.
- Grookey -> Lv 16 -> Thwacky -> Lv 35 -> Rillaboom
- Scorbunny -> Lv 16 -> Raboot -> Lv 35 – > Cinderace
- Sobble -> Lv 16 -> Drizzile – > Lv 35 -> Intelleon
Galarian forms are a huge part of the Sword and Shield games, and many of them evolve in different ways beyond traditional leveling up. Some need evolution stones, while others need trainers to be in certain areas.
- Zigzagoon -> Lv 20 -> Linoone -> Lv 36 -> Obstagoon (Updated by the_zachmamba: “Linoone can only be evolved at (in game) nighttime”)
- Koffing -> Lv 35 -> Weezing
- Ponyta -> Lv 38 -> Rapidash (Shield) (Updated by BeerWoolf: “Ponyta evolves into Rapidash at level 40”)
- Farfetch’d -> Get three Critical Hits in one Battle -> Sirfetch’d (Sword)
- Mr. Mime -> Lv 42 -> Mr. Rime
- Yamask -> Have 49+ damage while walking under stone sculpture in Dusty Bowl (Wild Area) -> Runerigus
- Corsola -> Lv 38 -> Cursola (Shield)
- Darumaka -> Ice Stone -> Darmanitan (Sword)
- Meowth -> Lv 28 -> Perrserker
Does not evolve
POKEMON SWORD AND SHIELD NEW EVOLUTIONS
And now we’ve come to the new Pokémon of the Galar region.
There are quite a few new Pokémon to find and catch in Sword and Shield, and with various new typing combinations and battle strategies to utilize, trainers will want to harness their power.
Here’s all of the new Pokémon and how to evolve them if possible.
- Gossifleur -> Lv 20 -> Eldegoss
- Wooloo -> Lv 24 -> Dubwool
- Chewtle -> Lv 22 -> Drednaw
- Rookidee -> Lv 18 -> Corvisquire -> Lv 38 -> Corviknight
- Skwovet -> Lv 24 -> Greedent
- Nickit -> Lv 18 -> Thievul
- Yamper -> Lv 25 -> Boltund
- Blipbug -> LV 10 -> Dottler -> Lv 30 -> Orbeetle
- Rolycoly -> Lv 18 -> Carkol -> Lv 34 -> Coalossal
- Sizzlepede -> Lv 28 -> Centiskorch
- Applin -> Tart Apple -> Flapple
- Applin -> Sweet Apple -> Appletun
- Silicobra -> 36 -> Sandaconda
- Arrokuda -> Lv 26 -> Barraskewda
- Toxel -> Lv 30 with Adamant, Brave, Docile, Hardy, Impish, Jolly, Hasty, Lax, Naive, Naughty, Rash, Quirky, Sassy Nature -> Toxitricity (Amped form)
- Toxel -> Lv 30 with Bashful, Quiet, Bold Calm, Careful, Gentle, Lonely, Mild, Modest, Relaxed, Serious, Timid Nature -> Toxitricity (Low Key form)
- Sinistea -> Cracked Pot -> Polteageist
- Clobbopus -> Lv up knowing Taunt -> Grapploct
- Hatenna -> Lv 32 -> Hattrem -> Lv 42 -> Hatterene
- Impidimp -> Lv 32 -> Morgrem -> Lv 42 -> Grimmsnarl
- Milcery -> Sweet item and spin -> Alcremie
- Snom -> Level up with Happiness at 220 during night -> Frosmoth
- Cufant -> Lv 34 -> Copperajah
- Dreepy -> Lv 50 -> Drakloak -> Level Up with Dreepy in Party -> Dragpult
Does not evolve
- Stonjourner (Sword)
- Eiscue (Shield)
Old Gen Evolution in special conditions
Accelgore (アギルダー | Agirudah | #617)
- Evolves from a Shelmet that’s traded for a Karrablast.
Aegislash (ギルガルド | Girugarudo | #681)
- Evolve a Doublade with a Dusk Stone.
Alcremie (マホイップ | Mahoippu | #869)
- Evolves from Milcery, which can be found most easily in Route 4. Give the Pokemon a sweet item like a Strawberry Sweet (can be found at Hammerlocke, Motostoke and Wyndon). Let Milcery hold it and then make your character do the spin and strike pose by twirling the left analog stick to make it evolve. The type changes depending on the kind of spin pose you do (clockwise, counter-clockwise, whether you spin for 5 seconds or more) as well as the time of day (i.e. daytime vs. nighttime).
Appletun (タルップル | Taruppuru | #842)
- Evolve an Applin with a Sweet Apple.
Arcanine (ウインディ | Windi | #059)
- Evolves from Growlithe with a Fire Stone.
Aromatisse (フレフワン | Furefuwan | #683)
- Trade a Spritzee while holding a Sachet.
Bellossom (キレイハナ | Kireihana | #182)
- Evolves from Gloom with a Sun Stone.
Chandelure (シャンデラ | Shandera | #609)
- Evolve a Lampent with a Dusk Stone.
Cinccino (チラチーノ | Chirachiino | #573)
- Evolves from Minccino with a Shiny Stone.
Clefable (ピクシー | Pikushii | #036
- Evolve a Clefairy with a Moon Stone.
A Dynamax Clefairy in Pokemon Sword and Shield. (Photo: Nintendo)
Clefairy (ピッピ | Pippi | #035)
- Level up a Cleffa with high friendship.
Cloyster (パルシェン | Parushen | #091)
- Evolve a Shellder with a Water Stone.
Conkeldurr (ローブシン | Rohbushin | #534)
- Trade a Gurdurr.
Dusknoir (ヨノワール | Yonowahru | #477)
- Trade a Dusclops with a Reaper Cloth (れいかいのぬの)
Escavalier (シュバルゴ | Shubargo | #589)
- Evolves from a Karrablast that’s traded for a Shelmet.
Espeon (エーフィ | Ehfi | #196)
- Level up an Eevee with a high friendship level during the daytime.
Flapple (アップリュー | Appuryuu | #841)
- Evolve an Applin with a Tart Apple.
Flareon (ブースタ | Buusuta | #136)
- Evolve an Eevee with a Fire Stone.
Froslass (ユキメノコ | Yukimenoko | #478)
- Evolve a Snorunt with a Dawn Stone.
Frosmoth (モスノウ | Monsnou | #873)
- Level up a Snom with a high friendship level at night.
Gallade (エルレイド | Erureido | #475)
- Evolve a male Kirlia with a Dawn Stone.
Gengar (ゲンガー | Gengah | #094)
- Trade a Haunter and it will turn into a Gengar.
Gigalith (ギガイアス | Gigaias | #526)
- Trade a Boldore.
Glaceon (グレイシア | Gureishia | #471)
- Evolve an Eevee with an Ice Stone.
Goodra (ヌメルゴン | Numerugon | #706)
- Can evolve from a Sliggoo starting at Level 50 when it’s raining or foggy outside.
Gourgeist (パンプジン | Panpujin | #711)
- Trade a Pumpkaboo.
Grapploct (オトスパス | Otosupasu | #853)
- Level up a Clobbopus that knows Taunt (ちょうはつ)
Heliolisk (エレザード | Elezahdo | #695)
- Evolves from a Helioptile with a Sun Stone.
Hitmonchan (エビワラ | Ebiwara | #107)
- Evolve a Tyrogue to Level 20 with its defense stat higher than its attack stat.
Hitmonlee (サワムラー | Sawamurah | #106)
- Evolve a Tyrogue to Level 20 with its attack stat higher than its defense stat.
Hitmontop (カポエラ | Kapoera | #237)
- Evolve a Tyrogue to Level 20 with its attack stat and defense stat being equal.
Pokemon Sword and Shield for the Nintendo Switch. (Photo: Nintendo)
Jolteon (サンダース | Sandahzu | #135)
- Evolve an Eevee with a Thunderstone.
Leafeon (リーフィア | Riifia | #470)
- Evolve an Eevee with a Leaf Stone.
Lucario (ルカリオ | Rukario | #448)
- Level up a Riolu with a high friendship level during the daytime.
Ludicolo (ルンパッパ | Runpapa | #272)
- Evolves from Lombre with a Water Stone.
Machamp (カイリキー | Kairikii | #068)
- Trade a Machoke and it will turn into a Machamp.
Malamar (カラマネロ | Karamanero | #687)
- Level up an Inkay starting at Level 30 while holding your undocked Switch upside down.
Mamoswine (マンムー | Manmuu | #473)
- Level up a Piloswine that knows Ancient Power (げんしのちから)
Mantine (マンタイン | Mantain | #226)
- Level up a Mantyke while you have a Remoraid in your party.
Milotic (ミロカロス | Mirokaros | #350)
- Trade a Feebas while its holding a Prism Scale.
Mr. Mime (バリヤード | Baryahdo | #122)
- Level up a Mime Jr. that knows Mimic.
Musharna (ムシャーナ | Mushahna | #518)
- Evolve a Munna with a Moon Stone.
Ninetales (キュウコン | Kyuukon | #038)
- Evolves from Vulpix with a Fire Stone.
Obstagoon (タチフサグマ | Tachifusaguma | #862)
- Evolves from Gene Simmons, er, Linoone at Level 35 during night. (Updated by the_zachmamba: “Linoone can only be evolved at (in game) nighttime”)
Pangoro (ゴロンダ | Goronda | #675)
- Evolve a Pancham to Level 32 with a Dark-type Pokemon in your team.
Pikachu (ピカチュウ | Pikachuu | #25)
- Evolve a Pichu with a high friendship level.
Polteageist (ポットデス | Pottodesu | #855)
- Evolve a Sinistea with a Cracked Pot.
Raichu (ライチュウ | Raichuu | #026)
- Evolve a Pikachu with a Thunderstone.
Rhyperior (ドサイドン | Dosaidon | #464)
- Trade a Rhydon with a Protector.
Roselia (ロゼリア | Rozeria | #315)
- Evolves from Budew with a high friendship level during the daytime. You can check your Pokemon’s friendship level at Hammerlocke by talking to a blonde boy with a blue shirt and jeans in one of the buildings east of the Pokemon center.
Roserade (ロズレイド | Rozureido | #407)
- Evolves from Roselia with a Shiny Stone.
Runerigus (デスバーン | Desubahn | #867)
- Have a Yamask receive at least 49 damage then take it to the Dusty Bowl. Walk underneath the largest stone arch and it will evolve.
Salazzle (エンニュート | Ennyuuto | #758)
- Evolves from a female Salandit at Level 33.
Shedinja (ヌケニン | Nukenin | #292)
- Evolve a Nincada to Level 20 while having an empty monster slot and a spare Pokeball in your inventory.
Shiftry (ダーテング | Dahtengu | #275)
- Evolves from Nuzleaf with a Leaf Stone.
Silvally (シルヴァディ | Shiruvadi | #773)
- Level up a “Type: Null” with a high friendship level.
Sirfetch’d in Pokemon Sword and Shield. (Photo: Nintendo)
Sirfetch’d (ネギガナイト | Negiganaito | #865)
- Evolves from Farfetch’d when landing 3 critical hits in one battle. (Use a leek acquired from other Farfetch’d for higher crit chance when trying to evolve the monster.)
Slurpuff (ペロリーム | Peroriimu | #685)
- Trade while holding a Whipped Dream.
Snorlax (カビゴン | Kabigon | #143)
- Level up a Munchlax with a high friendship level.
Steelix (ハガネール | Haganehru | #208)
- Trade an Onix with a Metal Coat.
Sudowoodo (ウソッキー | Usokkii | #185)
- Level up a Bonsly that knows the Mimic move.
Swoobat (ココロモリ | Kokoromori | #528)
- Evolve a Woobat with a high friendship level.
Sylveon (ニンフィア | Ninfia | #700)
- Level up an Eevee that has learned a Fairy-type move.
Togekiss (トゲキッス | Togekissu | #468)
- Evolve a Togetic with a Shiny Stone.
Togetic (トゲチック | Togechikku | #176)
- Evolve a Togepi with a high friendship level.
Toxtricity (ストリンダー | Sutorindah | #849)
- Evolves from a Toxel at Level 30 into either its Amped or Low Key form depending on its personality.
Trevenant (オーロット | Ohrotto | #709)
- Trade a Phantump.
Tsareena (アマージョ | Amahjo | #763)
- Level up a Steenee that knows the Stomp move (ふみつけ).
Umbreon (ブラッキ | Buracki | #197)
- Level up an Eevee with a high friendship level during nighttime.
Vaporeon (シャワーズ | Shawahzu | #134)
- Evolve an Eevee with a Water Stone.
Vikavolt (クワガノン | Kuwaganon | #738)
- Evolves from Charjabug with an Electric Rock.
Weavile (マニューラ | Manyuura | #461)
- Level up a Sneasel at night while holding a Razor Claw.
Whimsicott (エルフーン | Erufuun | #547)
- Evolve a Cottonee with a Sun Stone.
Alcremie requires a Strawberry Sweet and the special spin pose dance to evolve from Milcery. She has eight possible forms. (Photo: Nintendo)
Materials for special evolutions
Updated by astory11: The evolution stones can also be found at the circle of stones at the top of the lake of outrage
Dusk Stone: Can be found via the Digging Duo.
Fire Stone: Can be found at Motostoke Riverbank or via the Digging Duo
Ice Stone: Can be found at Route 2, Bridge Field or via the Digging Duo.
Leaf Stone: Can be found at Turrfield or via the Digging Duo.
Moon Stone: Can be found at Dusty Bowl or via the Digging Duo.
Protector: Acquired from Route 9.
Razor Claw: Can be acquired at Hammerlocke.
Sachet: Can be acquired at Hammerlocke.
Shiny Stone: Can be found at Route 8 or via the Digging Duo.
Strawberry Sweet: Can be found at Hammerlocke, Motostoke, Wyndon.
Sun Stone: Can be found at Dusty Bowl or via the Digging Duo.
Sweet Apple: Can be acquired at Hammerlocke.
Tart Apple: Can be acquired at Hammerlocke.
Thunderstone: Can be found at North Lake Miloch or via the Digging Duo.
Water Stone: Can be found at Route 2, Bridge Field or via the Digging Duo.
Whipped Dream: Can be acquired at Hammerlocke.