Firefall Profitable Thumping Guide by Baraun
This post should act as a guideline for new and old players that are having trouble finding a good thump spot or a good player setup. There is also a bit of basic tactics explained. Most of these things will sound familiar and will probably not requiring further explanations.
1) Good thump spots are:
– 180° of cover against a wall, cliff, stone or tree.
– Isolated places. (I marked a couple of them that haven’t been removed/debugged yet)
2) Good thumping groups are either:
– A 2-man squad doing a heavy personal thumper. (4 to 5 thumps before “dry”)
=>At least one of them should pick a good “AOE” frame while the other preferably wears single target dps.
– A 5-man squad doing a heavy squad thumper. (1 thump per vein)
=>The frame choice is of lesser importance because the numbers go up.
3) The basic thumping-tactics:
– The most basic tactic is “Kiting” mobs away from the thumper. This is a key element that is often misunderstood.
– Standing beside the thumper while shooting monsters is NOT-DONE. Take at least 30-50 meters of distance from the thumper. (Yes bastions this also counts for your turrets!)
– Taking heavy damage and looking for a way out? Going away from the thumper to die will give your teammates a easier time reviving you in all that chaos.
– Look for the 2-3 creature spawning areas and fight them where they spawn.
– Pop HKM’s at 75% Claw wave. Prioritize Rage-claws! (~800 range damage……says enough doesn’t it?)
4) The consumables prioritized in a list:
– 1 Stim-packs. (loads of em)
– 2 Elemental chambers. (every % helps)
– 3 dropdown – medpacks/ammo.
5) How to locate resources quickly:
-Open the map and press “TAB”, this shows all resources on the map.
-The resource is displayed on multiple POI’s, then search where the POI-circles intersect.
-Use Rawr4firefall.com ‘s live resource stream to know what is out there.
6) What addons are preferred:
=> Melder to install it all @ http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/addon-manager-melder.52327/
=> create a folder for melder. Copy the .zip or .rar addons in it (Don’t unzip). Start melder, select addons and launch game. This installed your addons.
– Thumper monitor @ http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/addon-thumper-monitor.68656/
– Surveyor @ http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/addon-surveyor-the-scan-hammer-tracker.62400/
– Ditto @ http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/addon-ditto.91960/
7) And last but not least: My reworked guide-map and advice.
– This map should act as a guideline. Why as a guideline?? By trying the marked spots you’ll understand how to place your thumper and anticipate creature flows.
– Not thumping the highest point of a vein is foolish time wasting. Anything below 56% is not worth thumping if you go for the highest profit. (there are exceptions ofc)
Note: The map could hold a lot more spots but I decided this would be sufficient to serve its purpose.
Firefall Recluse PvP Guide
Firefall Rhino Basic Guide
Firefall Nighthawk Guide
Firefall Bastion Tips
Firefall Tigerclaw PvE Guide
Firefall PvP Settings Guide
Firefall Tigerclaw Guide
Firefall New Player’s Guide
Firefall Beginner’s Ultimate Guide
Firefall How to Sell on the Marketplace
Firefall Dreadnaught Mammoth Guide
Firefall ARES Brief Guide
Firefall Dealing with Deathsquads Guide
Firefall PvP Gameplay Basics
Firefall PvP Beginner’s Guide
Firefall Jetball Frames Guide
Firefall Dreadnaught Tips
Firefall Aranha List
Firefall Sunken Harbor Guide
Firefall Orbital Comm Tower Guide
Firefall Blackwater Extraction Site Guide
Firefall Sabotage Guide
Firefall TDM Maps Guide
Firefall BioEngineer Guide
Firefall Thumping Detailed Guide
Firefall Recon Nighthawk Build Guide
Firefall PvP Tips
Firefall New Player’s Walkthrough
Firefall PvP Maps and Gametypes Guide
Firefall Resources and Manufacturing Guide
Firefall Battleframe Garage Guide
Firefall World Events Guide
Firefall Basic Crafting Walkthrough
Firefall Beginner’s Basic Guide
Firefall Tier 1 and 2 Guide
Firefall Resources Basic Guide
Firefall Leveling Guide
Firefall Terms and Lingo
Firefall New Player’s Quick Guide
Firefall Add-ons List
Firefall Melding Anomaly Neutralizer (MAN) Guide
Firefall Baneclaw Killing Guide
Firefall Meld Thumping Strategy Guide
Firefall Crafting Advanced Guide
Firefall Split Mineral Stacks Workaround Guide
Firefall Assault PvE AoE Build Guide
Firefall Dreadnaught PvE Build Guide
Firefall Basic Crafting Guide
Firefall Advanced Thumping and Instances Guide
Firefall Engineer Weapons Guide
Firefall Recon Specs and Weapons Guide
Firefall Classes Introduction
Firefall and Team FPS in General Strategy Tips
Firefall Medic Equipment and Abilities Guide
Firefall Information Compilation
Firefall Backstory Summary
Firefall Comprehensive Guide