War Thunder High Altitude Level Bombing (Historical Battle) Tips by Trilandian
For success in high-altitude level bombing, do the following:
- Turn off gunner/bomber autopilot (you’re not in Arcade anymore junior, time to take off them training wheels).
- Choose a bomb load with the maximum QUANTITY of bombs (unless specifically going for pillboxes/ships). Most ground targets can be killed with a direct hit from a 50 kg bomb.
- Climb to bombing altitude (no duh). Unless the threat of enemy fighters and AAA is anomalously low, this should usually be no lower than 2,500 meters. Anyway, the higher the better.
- Before the run, position yourself in such a way that you have as many targets as possible as lined-up as possible.
- Shortly before the run, engage combat flaps to increase stability.
- Use the ailerons to correct your angle of approach, and to compensate for overturning (usually, this is accomplished by lowering the wing that’s outside of your turn angle).
- Try to learn your bomber’s swaying pattern, and compensate for it with properly-timed course corrections.
- Fly as level as possible to reduce bomb spread.
- Never drop bombs unless precisely on target (haste makes waste).
- Don’t try to hit moving targets; it’s hard enough hitting them from a 300 meter altitude, much less from a 3,000 meter altitude.
- Once out of bombs, GTFO by means of raising your flaps and pointing your nose directly at the approach of your team’s airfield.
- If, at any point, an enemy fighter engages you from behind, take manual control of your guns. You’ll be surprised how effective this is at scaring them off (or even killing them, if they’re too stubborn).
Also, you should familiarize yourself with the bombadier sight to the extent that you can pilot your plane through its use.Other War Thunder Articles
War Thunder Flight Energy Guide
War Thunder P-51D Guide
War Thunder Fw 190 F8 Guide
War Thunder 109K4 Guide
War Thunder Me 410 B-6/R3 Guide
War Thunder Ground Forces Comprehensive Guide
War Thunder Ground Forces Aiming Ballistics Guide
War Thunder Ground Forces Medium Tank Tips
War Thunder Ground Forces Tank Shells Guide
War Thunder New FRB Player’s Tips
War Thunder New 190A5 vs The Premium Mk IX Guide
War Thunder Full Real Battle Misconceptions
War Thunder Acronyms List
War Thunder Graphics Settings Guide
War Thunder Flaps Guide
War Thunder Messerschmitt 109 K4 & G10 Guide
War Thunder Manual Engine Controls Guide
War Thunder Ground Targets Guide
War Thunder Tips Compilation
War Thunder Dive Bombing Guide
War Thunder Carrier Landing Guide
War Thunder German Fighters and Heavy Fighters Guide
War Thunder Practical Combat Flying Guide
War Thunder ME109 Strategy Guide
War Thunder 109 Energy Fighting When Outnumbered Guide
War Thunder New Player’s Guide
War Thunder Historical Battle Mode Guide
War Thunder Historical Battles Beginner’s Guide
War Thunder High Altitude Level Bombing (HB) Tips
War Thunder Bombing Tips
War Thunder Skill Cost for Expert and Ace Upgrade Guide
War Thunder Takeoff Tips
War Thunder FRB Tips and Tricks
War Thunder Bomb Damage Guide
War Thunder Winning Techniques Guide
War Thunder Beginner’s FAQ
War Thunder Beginner’s Guide
War Thunder Real Air Combat Tips
War Thunder Basic Gameplay Guide
War Thunder Planes Basic Characteristics Guide
War Thunder Fw 190 D-13 vs. F-4U-1d Corsair vs. La-5FN Comparison
War Thunder Bomber Tips and Tricks