Vanguard Shores of Darkness KDQ Guide
Vanguard Shores of Darkness KDQ Guide by Ghostchild
- Rift to new Kamelott Landing riftway in Shores of Darkness (Large island southeast of New Targonor)
- Speak to Tennant Eccelson northeast of riftway
- Speak to James the Roche (standing outside a tent in camp)
Quest 1 – Collections:
- TASC: Deathly Stench (10 Pristine Hound Skin from Enraged Death Hound)
- TASC: There’s Something Fishy Around Here (10 Reflective Gataro Scales from Hungry Gataro)
- TASC: My Hearts Will Go On (10 Pulsing Lion Heart from Rabid Salimidons)
- TASC: Toot Your Own Horn (10 Tainted Rhino Horn from Scaled Dire Rhino)
- TASC: Uncanny Evidence (10 Corrupted Shadowcat Brain from Prowling Shadowcat)
Reward: 5 Faction points, 5 gold coins, 1 Supply Crate (contains loot, able to be opened using Crate Crusher 3000 – see below), 1 Ancient Platinum Coin.
You can collect the drops from mobs without having the quests, so the 20 hour countdown on each quest is irrelevant.
Quests are repeatable after using the TASC Generator 5000 (see below)
Quest 2 – Nameds (Opens after completing the first 5 collection quests)
- TASC: Nathrix (Kill named Hound)
- TASC: Gorlok (Kill named Gataro)
- TASC: Garulie (Kill named Lion)
- TASC: Brommilix (Kill named Rhino)
- TASC: Lixirikin (Kill named Shadowcat)
Reward: 15 Faction points, 7g50, 1 Supply Crate, 1 Ancient Platinum Coin.
Quests are repeatable after using the TASC Generator 5000 (see below).
Quest 3 – Collections (opens at 500 faction)
- TASC: The Great Eye (10 Eyelord’s Eyeball from Eyelord Seeker)
- TASC: Tainted Chitters (10 Antlion Mandible from Carrion Devourer)
- TASC: Eerie Squallers (10 Enraged Ettercap Tongue from Blood-Crazed Ettercap)
- TASC: Shocking Discoveries (10 Source of Lightning from Construct of Lightning)
- TASC: Blazing Crystals (10 Source of Fire from Construct of Fire)
Reward: 7 Faction points, 5g50s, 1 Supply Crate, 1 Ancient Platinum Coin.
Quest 4 – Nameds (Opens after completing the first 5 collection quests)
- TASC: Filtha (Kill named Antlion)
- TASC: Omac (Kill named Eyelord)
- TASC: Shonaka (Kill named Ettercap)
- TASC: Zilrith (Kill named Construct of Fire)
- TASC: Salrin (Kill named Construct of Lightning)
Reward: 18 Faction points, 8g, 1 Supply Crate, 1 Ancient Platinum Coin.
Quest 5 – Collections (opens at 3000 faction)
- TASC: Reaping Reavers (10 Reaver Helm from Cartheon Reaver)
- TASC: The Magic Party (10 Decrepit Fingerbone from Cartheon Arcanist)
- TASC: Corpse Campers (10 Ratty Wing from Cartheon Devourer)
- TASC: Undead Troopers (10 Pile of Trooper Bones from Cartheon Trooper)
- TASC: Deconstruct the Constructs (10 Decayed Head from Cartheon Abomination)
Reward: 10 Faction points, 6g, 1 Supply Crate, 1 Ancient Platinum Coin.
Quest 6 – Nameds (Opens after completing the first 5 collection quests )
- TASC: Zyxil (Kill named Cartheon Abomination)
- TASC: Wisil (Kill named Cartheon Devourer)
- TASC: Lordon Dalmarin (Cartheon Captain)
- TASC: Daniri Sagril
- TASC: Cakina
Reward: 20 Faction points, 8g50, 1 Supply Crate, 1 Ancient Platinum Coin.
Quest 7 – Collections (opens at 11000 faction)
- TASC: (10 Drakeling Spark from Energy Drakeling)
- TASC: (10 Gold Drakeling Wing from Gold Drakeling)
- TASC: (10 Black Drakeling Wing from Black Drakeling)
- TASC: (10 Lava Drake Blood from Lava Drakeling)
- TASC: (10 ??? from Ethereal Drakeling)
Reward: 14 Faction points, ?g, 1 Supply Crate, 1 Ancient Platinum Coin.
Quest 8 – Nameds (Opens after completing the first 5 collection quests )
- TASC: Soroth (Kill named Black Drake)
- TASC: Yiminil (Kill named Ethereal Drake)
- TASC: Krassin (Kill named Lava Drake)
- TASC: Plenias (Kill named Gold Drake)
- TASC: Bandori (Kill named Energy Drake)
Reward: ?? Faction points, ?g, 1 Supply Crate, 1 Ancient Platinum Coin.
FACTION + RANKS
In order to rise through the ranks of the KDQ you need to kill mobs and do quests for faction (1 faction for trash, 2 for names). Quests are assigned into tiers (4 so far, probably as many as 5), and each tier has collection quests and named kill quests (open after completing the 5 collection quests).
Private (500 faction)
You will be promoted to the rank of private once you have gained 500 faction points. At this time you will receive:
- Access to Tier 2 collection quests
- Tiny Cog (First piece of Kamelott Crystal Cog Band)
- Passive buff – Body Enhancement: Private – increases your defense by 1%
To become a Private speak to James the Roche, then head to Dr Daniel (he of Stargate fame) and go through his dialog and get new collection quests.
To get the Tiny Crystal Cog speak to Master Cakesson inside the main tent.
Mercenary (3000 faction)
You will be promoted to the rank of Mercenary once you have gained 3000 faction points. At this time you will receive:
- Access to Tier 3 collection quests
- Small Crystal Cog (Second piece of Kamelott Crystal Cog Band)
- Upgrade to passive buff – Body Enhancement: Mercenary – increases your defense and accuracy by 1%
To become a Mercenary speak to Dr Daniel, then head to Mr Joshua and go through his dialog and get new collection quests.
To get the Small Crystal Cog speak to Master Cakesson inside the main tent.
Commando (11000 faction)
You will be promoted to the rank of Commando once you have gained 11000 faction points. At this time you will receive:
- Access to Tier 4 collection quests
- Medium Crystal Cog (Third piece of Kamelott Crystal Cog Band)
- Upgrade to passive buff – Body Enhancement: Commando – increases your defense, accuracy, and damage by 1%
Specialist (27500 faction)
You will be promoted to the rank of Specialist once you have gained 27500 faction points. At this time you will receive:
- Large Crystal Cog (Fourth piece of Kamelott Crystal Cog Band)
- Upgrade to passive buff – Body Enhancement: Specialist – increases your defense, accuracy, damage and Crit by 1%
The Kamelott Crystal Cog Band (viewable on Grebthar’s inventory) is similar to the one available from the new Isle of Dawn starting area. You receive a new piece of the necklace every time you gain a rank, so therefore you should receive the first part when you achieve rank of Private at 500 faction. There have also been reports of necklace parts dropping from crates!
Items needed to create necklace:
- Medium Crystal Cog
- Small Crystal Cog
- Large Crystal Cog
- Tiny Crystal Cog
- Incomplete Band
Grebthar the Hammer has a list of purchasable items:
- TASC Generator 5000: 1 Platinum (enables you to retake quests once every 20 hours – click on the Kamelott TASC Generator Certification in your Abilities –> General section)
- Crate Crusher 3000: 10 Gold (a one use hammer that allows you to open the crates you receive as quest rewards. Crates contain a variety of items most of which [Removed for Content] including blue armor and potions, however, there is a chance of production manuals, legendary dusts, and gold sigils dropping. Unfortunately the hammer dissappears after one use. The description on the Hammer hints that a later version of the hammer will be reusable)
- Fully Powered J2E: 999 Platinum (use unknown)
- J2E Ignition Key: 1 Platinum (allows you to power up the J2E suit)
- Kamelott Mechanized Reins: 10 Platinum (gives you the ability to tame wild creatures – i am not sure if you just need this for the Wyrm mount or if it would allow you to ride any creature that roams around the SoD or perhaps Telon??)
- Mechanized Strapping: 15 Platinum (crafting resource used in the creation of Kamelott Rucksacks)
- Cogwound Rivets: 15 Platinum (used to make Kamelott Horseshoes)
- Basonic Fluxing Gammatzer: 999 Platinum (a ranged arbalest for Ranger or Warrior)
- Interpolator Cell: 15 Platinum (powers the Basonic Fluxing Gammatzer)
- Kamelott Mechanical Horseshoes: 999 Platinum (60 Mount Speed, 20 Mount Stability)
- Black Wingless Wyrm: 999 Platinum (ground mount that may or may not eventually be able to fly – 100 Mount Speed, 80 Mount Stability)
- Kamelott Crystal Cog Band: 999 Platinum (Diplomacy item similar to the Isle of Dawn reward)
The items on sale for 999 platinum usually require you to get some particular item drops and or have someone craft for you from a dropped / learnt recipe – similar to the APW armor set mechanics.
It appears that recipes will drop from supply crates – the Kamelott Horseshoe recipe has dropped quite a few times already. It requires 2 Xenocite Ores and the 15plat Cogwound Rivets purchased from Grebthar.
Possible crafting recipes:
- Fully Powered J2E
- Kamelott Rucksack
- Kamelott Horseshoes
- Basonic Fluxing Gammatzer
- Corrupted Steelweave Plant (Resource commonly used in Kamelott Recipes – Bales are sellable)
- Mysterious Metal Vein (Gives Enriched Xenocite chunks)