Setting up Outlook for NUS Microsoft Exchange Server
Microsoft Outlook 2007
If you choose to use the Microsoft Exchange Server
1) Control Panel > Mail > E-mail Accounts…
2) Under the E-mail tab click on New…
3) Choose Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and click Next
4) Check “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and click Next
5) Choose Microsoft Exchange and click Next
6) Use pbx01.stf.nus.edu.sg as your Microsoft Exchange server and your User Name would be your NUS user id eg. U0808575
7) Click on More Settings…
8) Under the Connection tab, check “Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP” then click on Exchange Proxy Settings
9) Put exchange.nus.edu.sg as the “URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange” and click OK
10) Click on Check Name, you might need to login using your nus account eg. nusstuu0808575, if successful your name registered in NUS would show up
If you choose to use IMAP4
The method to set up the mail account is similar to the above, just choose the appropriate option at Step 5 and take note of these addresses that are needed.
Incoming mail (IMAP4) server: imap.nus.edu.sg
Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: smtp.nus.edu.sg
Mail server user name: your Exchange userID
Outgoing mail server user name: your Exchange userID
Incoming mail (POP3) server: pop.nus.edu.sg
I have many friends. But once I had very difficult and unpleasant situation. Or rather my emails were crashed. To my good fortune my good friend-programmer relieved me and counselled – how to read .ost file. It resolved my trouble within seconds and for free. I presented him a gift…
thanks for sharing that alex =]
Yesterday I found one interesting tool-how to move outlook ost files to pst file,it showed me how it can recovers mails and contacts in seconds and for free.Moreover program solved the problems of my friend too.
type in your password and remember to check the box that says remember my password. if that doesn't work, your password might have expired because the nus system requires you to change your password every half a year or so? try going to the site and changing the password.
try these first =]
Hi, i still cannot use outlook with the instructions, it keeps having a pop up requiring me to fill in the password, even then it still fails to pull the msg to outlook. hope you can help. thanks my contact is firstname.lastname@example.org
i had to spend quite a bit of time figuring it out so i thought i could save other people some time by sharing this =D
omg, thanks you very much… it works!
Thanks for this! Much clearer instructions than what's available on the comcen site.
When I exported my settings from flash to MS Outlook,happened bad thing,it were damaged.At all costs I wanted to recover it and I saw in my favourite forum this tool-importing ost file.There was wrote that program is free,and it helped me quite good.In addition utility can so importing ost files into Outlook and repairing *.ost files fast and easy.
i’m really glad i could help! =] it really is much more convenient to use outlook~
hi there, thanks a lot for your info.
Finally I can use my outlook 2007 to check my nus mail~ =)))
lol weihonggggg you were the one who got me into using outlook in the first place remember? XD
i should be thanking you instead!
My goodness. I can’t even remember the number of times I’ve used this. Muchos gracias.