FFXIV Triple Triad NPC Conquest Guide by saceria
If you have a strategy you want to share for beating an NPC realiably, post below and I will consolidate it into this post, try to keep it newb friendly (i.e. weak cards)
This is just a list of the NPCs, and the order I think you should defeat them and obtain their cards, anyone could work most of this out by lookin’ at the NPC lists on either of these 2 awesome resources:
Also, Some NPC’s require MSQ\QUEST COMPLETION in order to challenge them, Some hide their challenge behind accepting a quest (i.e. gegeruju), if you havent done it.
Get to the golden saucer, do your starter quests.
Then go and defeat these NPC’s till you get the cards I’ve listed:
- TT Master | Golden Saucer | Spriggan, can also drop chocobo, but don’t bother from her.
- Jonas of the Three Spades | Golden Saucer | Ixal, Moogle
- Guhtwint of the Three Diamonds | Golden Saucer | Chocobo1 , Scarface Bugaal Ja
- Gegeruju | Costa Del Sol | Y’shtola, Minfilia (I recommend just getting Y’shtola asap, and then come back later for Minfilia)
Adventurers Guild and Early Conquest!
- Maisenta | New Gridania (Near the Aetheryte) | Coblyn, Sylph
- Mother Miounne | New Gridania | Goobue, Mother Miounne
- Baderon | Limsa Lominsa | Baderon Tenfingers
- Memeroon | Upper La (14,24) On the other side of the water, from Camp Bronze lake | Amalj’aa, Memeroon
- Wymond | Uldah (infront of the main aetheryte) | Just Beat him once.
- Momodi Modi | Uldah | Momodi Modi
Back to the Gold Saucer
- Ruhtwyda of the Three Hearts | Golden Saucer | Urianger, Godbert (I recommend just beating him once, and coming back later for Urianger, Godbert you will get from the King anyway)
- Aurifort of the Three Clubs | Golden Saucer | Just beat him once.
If you haven’t got minfilia yet, I recommend going back now and getting it.
- King Elmer | Golden Saucer | Godbert (up to you whether you want to stay and play for bahamut, or come back later. Baha card isn’t as useful as Godbert.) | D1, D2
Graduation, embark and destroy!
- Mimidoa | Lower La Noscea (25,35) | Biggs and Wedge
- Buscarron | South Shroud ( 17, 20) | Raya-o-Senna & A-Ruhn-Senna, Papalymo & Yda
- Roger | Central Thanalan (19,20) | Pudding, Morbol
- F’hobhas | Central Thanalan (23,13) | Mutamix BubblyPots
- Fufulupa | Western Thanalan (Horizon) | Thancred
By now, if you farmed all the above cards you should have reached 30. If you didn’t waste your time farming bahamut, and possibly even Urianger, you might be at 28-29. If so go do some Extreme trials, until you get 1-2 cards from the respective trial. They have a very high drop rate compared to the hard mode version. Or spend some of your hard earned MGP on card packs on silver or gold, until you get a card or two that you don’t have.
- Piralnaut | East SHroud (17,26) 1200-2000 EZT | Succubus, Frixio (Frixio is a common drop from Marcette, so get it from her)
- Tratchoum | Lower La Noscea (35,15) 2000-0800 EZT | Titan, highly recommend getting from EX.
- Helmhart | Eastern Thanalan (20,21) 1000-2000 EZT | Gerolt, Ultros & Typhon (Farm Ultros & Typhon from Dragon’s Neck, its a very common drop)
- Marcette | Central Shroud (15,18) 1600-0800 EZT, Go up the branch and right in front. | Frixio, Garuda (Get Garuda from Garuda EX, its probably faster from that)
- Hab | Southern Thanalan (24,40)4 Bottom of Sagolii Desert next to the Mining Patch | Godbert, Thancred, Hildibrand & Nashu Mhakaracca (Hildi card is a very long grind, exactly same as the Gaius grind on indolent imperial)
- Joellaut | CCH (13,15) Whitebrim | Alphinaud & Alisaie
- Ourdilic | CCH (6, 22) Near Entrance to Snowcloak | Blue Dragon, Behemoth | If hes too difficult, try the indolent imperial.
These NPC’s are not worth playing against before 30+ cards. Win % is generally very low before that.
- Landenel | South Shroud (16,28) Camp Tranquil |IMO, beat him once. Titan, Odin (Please save your self any grief, and run Titan EX and Urth’s Font.)
- Rowena | Mor Dhona (21,5) Far back of the town inside the building | Louisoix Leveilleur (Good Luck! Random is quite crap to play. Worse when ur below 30+ as the game still enforces the rarity rules, despite being ‘Random’.) You can always just play the Imperial instead.
The Rotation! Let the Farming Begin!
- Swift | Uldah GC 0600-1100 EZT | Ifrit3, Alphinaud & Alisaie, Rhauban Aldynn | I use 7’s and play around middle with my first card.
- R’ashaht Rhiki | Limsa GC 1400-1900 EZT | Leviathan, Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn | Moderately Easy to beat with King Crusher, but not the best deck.
- Vorsaile | Grid GC 2200-0300 EZT | Ramuh, Kan-E-Senna | If you use Ascension 2, it destroys him very easily.
You should have defeated 30 NPC’s by now! Congratulations on your new Squall Leonhart Card.
- Now go visit Jonathas (Old Gridania (10, 6) Min Khetto’s Amphitheatre Aetheryte), to get your prize.2
Optional Extras to Defeat
- Sezul Totoloc | North Shroud (24,23) Ixal Camp | Cid Garlond | Requires: Max Ixal Rep (rank 7) | D1
- Indolent Imperial | Mor Dhona (11,17) near Entrance to Nth Thanalan | Livia sas Junius, Rhitahtyn sas Arvina, Nero tol Scaeva, Gaius van Baelsar (Gaius is a real pain to farm) | I have a reliable 80%+ win rate with Ascension 2, I’ve heard of better card lists out there, but I know all the ways to abuse this card set, so I use it.
My Current Deck(s) – Cause someone asked for the card names.
King Crusher: Moogle, Momodi Modi, Minfilia, Amalj’aa, Ixal
Ascension 1: Warrior of Light*, Scarface Bugaal Ja, Frixio, Mutamix Bubblypots, Memeroon.
*You can replace this with any strong card you might have.
Ascension 2: Sylph, Scarface Bugaal Ja, Frixio, Mutamix Bubblypots, Memeroon.
7’s: Baderon Tenfingers, Gerolt, Mother Miounne, Biggs & Wedge, Kan-E-Senna
Deck 5: Squall Leonheart, Baderon Tenfingers, Biggs & Wedge, Rhitahtyn sas Arvina, Livia sas Junius.Other Final Fantasy XIV Online (FFXIV) Articles
FFXIV Favors Comprehensive Guide
FFXIV Strength Based Tanking Guide
FFXIV Classes and Jobs Beginner’s Guide
FFXIV Heavensward Coil Guide
FFXIV Collectables Guide
FFXIV Aetherial Reduction Guide
FFXIV Airship Guide
FFXIV Catching Up To Patch 3.0 Guide
FFXIV Ravana Extreme Guide
FFXIV Astrologians Guide for Non-AST Players
FFXIV Astrologian Guide
FFXIV Machinist Guide
FFXIV Dark Knight Tips
FFXIV Preparing for Heavensward Guide
FFXIV Steps of Faith Full Guide
FFXIV Binding Coil of Bahamut Guide
FFXIV Final Coil of Bahamut Guide
FFXIV Second Coil of Bahamut Guide
FFXIV ACT and Plugin Guide
FFXIV Summoner Egis Tips and Tricks
FFXIV Triple Triad NPC Conquest Guide
FFXIV Chocobo Rank and Rating Guide
FFXIV Chocobo Stat Growth Guide
FFXIV Chocobo Breeding and Raising Guide
FFXIV Chocobo Racing Basics Guide
FFXIV Triple Triad Getting to 30 Cards Guide
FFXIV Triple Triad Guide
FFXIV Crafting Beginner’s Guide
FFXIV Master Crafter and Gatherer Guide
FFXIV World of Darkness Tips
FFXIV Battle in the Big Keep Guide
FFXIV World of Darkness Boss Guide
FFXIV Snap Aggro Guide
FFXIV T13 Scholar Guide
FFXIV ilvl 110 Guide
FFXIV Raising iLv Quickly Strategy
FFXIV Leveling and Gearing in 2.4 Guide
FFXIV Older Endgame Guide
FFXIV Improving at Warrior Guide
FFXIV Spiritbonding Advanced Guide
FFXIV Sastasha HM Karl Boss Guide
FFXIV New Level 50 Player’s Progression Guide
FFXIV Imdugud Strategy Guide
FFXIV Melds Gathering Guide
FFXIV Soot Black Chocobo in 24 Hours Guide
FFXIV Crafting Guide
FFXIV Turn 9 Tank Strategy Guide
FFXIV Frontlines Roles Guide
FFXIV Black Mage Rotation Guide
FFXIV Frontlines PvP Guide
FFXIV Game Controller Targeting Tips and Tricks
FFXIV Hullbreaker Isle Tips and Boss Guide
FFXIV Tam-Tara HM Tips and Boss Guide
FFXIV Stone Vigil HM Tips and Boss Guide
FFXIV Hullbreaker Isle Guide
FFXIV New Player’s Guide
FFXIV Getting a Static Guide
FFXIV Accuracy Caps List
FFXIV End Game Food Caps Guide
FFXIV ARR Survival Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Dzemeal Darkhold Speed Run Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Short Leveling Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Exploration Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Boting (Botany) for Gil Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Goldsmith Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Leatherworker Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Party Recruitment and Search Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Lore Compilation and Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Solo Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Food Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Goldsmith Grinding Guide
Final Fantasy XIV King Moogle Strategy Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Sidequest Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Notorious Monsters Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Enmity Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Weaponskills and Magic Combo Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Archer Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Sidequests List
Final Fantasy XIV Achievement Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Lodestone Achievement Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Stats Guide