Brave Frontier F2P Gem Guide by nick123qwe
Hey guys just here give my thoughts on how to spend your gems as an F2P. Any carefully crafted criticisms are welcome! On to the guide.
What do I spend my Gems on?
As an F2P or even P2Ps, most gems will be spent on summoning units from the Rare Summon Gate, and one of the goals of this guide is to maximize your use of this Gate. More Details Later.
Where do I get Gems?
There are a couple ways to get gems without spending money, although there aren’t to many to be had sadly in global. I’ll list the places you can get gems:
- Frontier hunter and Trials
- Vortex Dungeons(first clear, many more gems in the Grand Gaia Chronicles)
- Clearing Quest Areas and Upgrading Raid Classes
- Random Gumi giveaways and compensations
- Arena and Daily Task Milestones
- Weekly Gem+ Rng for login bonus
And that is it! These are your sources of power! The only way to keep up with the game. As a beginner you will start out gaining alot more gems because you have all of these untapped sources of revenue which you will start to deplete over time. As you complete these quests, trails and getting all of these achievements, gaining gems later on will be mainly through the monthly frontier hunter and game update the will hopefully bring more new content to conquer for you. That is when life starts to get harder! But you have this guide right?
Rare Summon Gate
Now I’ll explain how to use the gate in the best way i believe is possible. To maximize your time/gems as a F2P is to go for the most meta units possible at the time of summoning (use this link). So this means usually the newest batch that has been released. The newest batch are not only usually the strongest, but also have the most usefulness for the longest period of time before they become outclassed, and even then the units are still usable for older content(and some newer).
To go about this, Once a month Gumi will release a Player’s Choice rare summon rate up. Try to only summon during this time! This means that the best units will get rates up and this is the time to try to summon for them. This is where you start to splurge and use your gems until you get the units you want!
The main two units you want to get at the start is(if you are a complete noob :P):
- A Mitigator who can cut damage in half for 1 turn at the 6* BB level(Ex. elimo and edea 7). This is so because 7cost is 40 and any beginner cannot afford that in their team, heck even I cant fit in 7* units!
- A Dedicated Healer/Status cleanser- They will help you survive in the tougher content and cure you from paralysis, poison, curse etc. Without one of these you cannot clear tough content, period. Although an alternate solution is a leader skill the nulls statuses is viable, just be careful for content that wipes your leader skill!
Note: Don’t force yourself to summon every player choice rate up! You don’t need every overpowered unit. As long as you can clear current content, you don’t need the new units.
Other options for Gem Usage
The other options for gem usage are:
- Refilling energy, raid orbs, arena orbs: I don’t generally approve of using gems for this because they will recharge in time and they don’t really help in the long term. Exception is Imp parades(even then do so sparingly and hopefully during the half energy vortex event).
- Frontier Hunter orbs, Reviving in Grand Gaia Chronicles: You can spend gems but limit yourself and assure that within 1-2 gems you can get the result you want, other than that, just wait out the refill and try again later.
- Item/unit space increase and Friend Cap increase: You can purchase these under the store tab. These in general are good investment for your gems, but only to a limited capacity. I’d recommend increasing your unit space to125-200 unit spaces(to hold burst frogs, shpere frogs, bb fodder, evo mats and the like) and increase your item space to maybe 110 item spaces (to not rip your hair out all the time+spheres). Lastly I want you to max your friend list (High Priority!!) and get some friends (please use the friend link that the subreddit provides you). This is because with more friends you can get more gifts, more people to potentially use your character as a friend(to gain honor points), and more friends to use(more diversity and useful when bb leveling). Overall Worth.
TL;DR : Pull during players choice, dont spend gems on stupid stuff, spend gems sparingly for item/unit cap increase, and max your friends list.Other Brave Frontier Articles
Brave Frontier Mildran Karna Masta Guide
Brave Frontier Beginner’s Guide
Brave Frontier Free Gems Checklist
Brave Frontier Elgif Dungeon Guide
Brave Frontier Ten Winged Tormentor Grand Quest Guide
Brave Frontier Raid Rare Drops Guide
Brave Frontier Units With Fast Animation Speed
Brave Frontier Palmyna Grand Quest Guide
Brave Fontier Lem EX Dungeon Guide
Brave Fontier Water Vortex Arena Squad Building Guide
Brave Frontier Karl EX Guide
Brave Frontier Frontier Gate Guide
Brave Frontier Maximizing Imp Runs with Mifune Guide
Brave Frontier Trial X3 Xie’Jing Guide
Brave Frontier Paris Grand Quest Guide
Brave Frontier Lin Grand Quest Guide
Brave Frontier Grah Grand Quest Guide
Brave Frontier Karl Grand Quest Guide
Brave Frontier Cardes in 20 Turns Guide
Brave Frontier Secret Gem Farming Guide
Brave Frontier Solo Mecha Gods & Vargas GGC with 7* Selena
Brave Frontier Trial 005 Zevalhua Guide
Brave Frontier RC4 Dreagar Guide
Brave Frontier F2P Gem Guide
Brave Frontier Newbie Guide
Brave Frontier Garnas Research Cave Guide
Brave Frontier Michelle GGC Guide
Brave Frontier The Green Threat Guide
Brave Frontier Luna Generator Guide
Brave Frontier Afla Dilith Guide
Brave Frontier Cardes Attack Patterns Guide
Brave Frontier Raid Battle Guide
Brave Frontier Trial X2 Guide
Brave Frontier Raid Boss Locations
Brave Frontier Raid Drop Guide
Brave Frontier Malice Jewel Guide
Brave Frontier Trial 1X Guide
Brave Frontier ATK/DEF Debuffers DEF Ignore Units List
Brave Frontier Trial X1 Guide
Brave Frontier Cardes Team Building F2P Guide
Brave Frontier Drop Checks and BC Guide
Brave Frontier Crit Buff Unit Guide
Brave Frontier Raid Battle Unit Role Tier List
Brave Frontier Grand Gaia Chronicles Teambuilding Guide
Brave Frontier Squad Building and Archetype Tiers Guide
Brave Frontier Beginner’s Team Building Guide
Brave Frontier Single Stat Boosting Spheres List
Brave Frontier Grah Guide
Brave Frontier Maxwell Squad Templates and Unit Roles
Brave Frontier Eze Legend Dungeon Guide
Brave Frontier Heaven Wing Blade Guide
Brave Frontier Critical Squad Guide
Brave Frontier Hidden Features Guide
Brave Frontier Brave Burst Leveling Guide
Brave Frontier Arena AI Guide
Brave Frontier Item Guide
Brave Frontier Reed Guide
Brave Frontier Frontier Hunter Advanced Team Buildling
Brave Frontier Frontier Hunter Team Building Guide
Brave Frontier Sol Generator Guide
Brave Frontier Vargas Dungeon Guide
Brave Frontier When to Use Damage Mitigators on Maxwell Guide
Brave Frontier Grand Gaia Ex Dungeons Guide
Brave Frontier Maxwell Trial Guide