Genshin Impact Enable Borderless Window Mode Guide
This also allows you to bypass the Launcher and go straight into the game.
How to enable proper borderless windows on Genshin Impact:
- Navigate to your GI install (easy way is to right click on your Genshin Impact icon and click on “Open file location”)
- Within your install, find the folder named “Genshin Impact Game” and go into it
- Right click on “GenshinImpact.exe” and click on “Create shortcut”
- Right click on the shortcut made and click on “Properties”
- Under “Target” you want to add “-popupwindow” to the end of the “target” (your exe location) with a space between the “target” and the “-popupwindow”
- Hit “Apply” and then hit “Ok”
- Move the shortcut anywhere you want, you can rename it as well. This is now your new way to enter the game. I would recommend putting it next to your normal game shortcut since our modified shortcut bypasses launcher and we might need launcher sometimes (patches?)
- Once you’re ingame hit Alt+Enter. You’re done!
As an example for step 5, my target window looks like this:
“E:\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\GenshinImpact.exe” -popupwindow
Optional step if the window is smaller than your screen resolution (if you play on more than 1080p): Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\miHoYo\Genshin Impact where you should see “Screenmanager Resolution Height…” and “Screenmanager Resolution Width…”, change these values to fit your monitor resolution.
TLDR: make direct shortcut to game then add argument to shortcut
Edit: You might need to change to fullscreen ingame then hit Alt+Enter before you can see any changes