Destiny Exotic Armors and Stat Rolls List
Destiny Exotic Armors and Stat Rolls List by Eterys
With a whole new (old) set of gear coming around, and the question “can X be rolled with INT/DIS/STR?” already cropping around time and again (every Xursday in particular), I figured I’d make a list of what armor can get what stats, as well as secondary perks, which I think may as well be called a guide to reforging exotics. All information is taken or directly inferred from the bungie Armory, and includes all gear listed at lv40/310 Light, regardless if it’s actually currently in-game. EDIT: Note that everything not yet in game may be subject to changes until it’s officially released (but at least for the gear that’ coming tomorrow I doubt it will at this point). EDIT: Also a reminder that rerolling with Glass Needles does not reset any node upgrade progress.
- Chest Armor: Chests are simple for the most part. They have two perk choices, the First Row of which is a pick between a random primary and secondary ammo capacity each. There is an exception in which some armors have perks simply titled Special Ammo and Heavy Ammo instead, which increase the amount of the respective ammunition dropped. Second Row will always be Burn Defense or Elemental Recovery and Subclass Armor, all of which will apply to one of the three Arc/Solar/Void elements. Burn Defense reduces damage from one damage type (possibly only when a Burn modifier is active; will need to figure this one out), Elemental Recovery grants a Recovery boost after taking splash damage from that element and Subclass Armor increases the Armor stat when using the a subclass of the respective element.
- Gauntlets: In the first row Gauntlets offer a choice of Increased Melee speed/Increased Grenade throw distance, the exact names of which are dependent on the class (Switchblade/Snap Discharge/Rain Blows and Fastball/Energy Projection/Paramuscle Armature for Hunter/Warlock/Titan), or Momentum Transfer/Impact Induction. The former will grant melee energy on grenade hits, the latter grants grenade energy on melee hits. The Second Row will always be some Weapon Reload perk, usually random by weapon type (Primary/Secondary/Heavy) in whatever distribution, see the list for specifics (Note that this means a reload perk for one type of weapon of that category, not like the Y1 generic perks).
- Helmets: Helmets have 2 secondary perks. First Row is a single of four options, all of which grant an effect when picking up an Orb of Light. Innervation (gain 10% grenade charge), Invigoration (gain 10% melee charge), Infusion (regain health), Better Already (start shield regeneration). “Second Row” has a pick of Inverse Shadow/Ashes to Assets/Hands On and Second Thoughts/Heavy Lifting. The former three grant additional super energy on PvE/grenade/melee kills respectively, and the latter two on PvE secondary/heavy weapon kills.
- Boots Boots don’t have that much variety. Their First Row will be an Element Double Down perk that grants an Agility boost for 5 seconds after a double kill with that element (both weapons and abilities). Their Second Row is a choice of a random Special/Heavy Ammo capacity each, though there is a single piece that instead has the same Special Ammo/Heavy Ammo perk as on a chestpiece.
- Cloaks/Bonds/Marks Exotic Class Items are a thing as well. All have random split stats (no pure rolls) and a pick of a random Primary/Secondary+Heavy Focus each, increasing the upgrade rate of that specific weapon type. They are for all intents and purposes identical, so there’s no need to bloat the table with them.
Several exotics can have either “split” or “pure” rolls. Split means that two stats are present on the gear before upgrading any node, and in a similar magnitude, with the stat perks increasing either. Pure rolls have a single stat to a stronger degree, with one of the perk options increasing it even further and the other adding a second stat with a few points. Also gear can have one stat be mandatory, which means any roll will include it as either pure or split, or rule out one stat entirely. See the following table for maximum stat values on gear (the increase gained through perks is accurate for 310 legendary and exotic gear and will be higher or lower with the defense value):
|Slot||Pure||Split||Gain from upgrade perks|
* There are currently no exotic boots with a possible pure stat roll in the Armory, so the value is unknown. EDIT: As I don’t have any 310 boots, the value for gain is according to tehdaw from this list. (If you can fill in any of the blanks, feel free to tell them.)
The big list “Name” is self-evident; the armor is sorted as in the Armory by type and then alphabetical. “Pure” lists which stat or stats (if any) can appear as a pure roll. “Split” lists possible split rolls, where / means any possible combination and + means one stat plus the option of either of the others. “First Row” and “Second Row” are the respective perk choices, where a / separates the first and second option (if applicable) and ‘any’ means any of the perks listed for the respective gear, unless it appears in another slot. “Notes” is any additional information.
|Name||Pure||Split||First Row||Second Row||Notes|
|Alchemist’s Raiment||INT||INT+DIS/STR||Special Ammo/ Heavy Ammo||Burn Defense/any||Mandatory INT|
|ATS/8 Tarantella||INT/DIS||INT/DIS||any||Arc Defense/Arc Armor||no STR|
|Crest of Alpha Lupi (H)||INT||INT+DIS/STR||any||Burn Defense/any||Mandatory INT|
|Crest of Alpha Lupi (T)||INT||INT+DIS/STR||any||Burn Recovery/any||Mandatory INT|
|Heart of the Praxic Fire||INT/DIS||INT/DIS||any||Burn Defense/Solar Armor||no STR|
|Lucky Raspberry||DIS||DIS+INT/STR||any||Burn Recovery/Arc Armor||Mandatory DIS|
|Purifier Robes||INT||INT+DIS/STR||Special Ammo/ Heavy Ammo||Burn Defense/Solar Armor||Mandatory INT|
|Starfire Protocol||DIS||DIS+INT/STR||Special Ammo/ Heavy Ammo||Burn Defense/Solar Armor||Mandatory DIS|
|The Armamentarium||DIS||DIS+INT/STR||Special Ammo/ Heavy Ammo||Burn Recovery/any||Mandatory DIS|
|Twilight Garrison||–||INT/DIS/STR||Special Ammo/ Heavy Ammo||Burn Recovery/any|
|Voidfang Vestments||DIS||DIS+INT/STR||any||Burn Defense/Void Armor||Mandatory DIS|
|ACD/0 Feedback Fence||STR||STR+INT/DIS||Rain Blows/any||Primary Loader/Secondary+Heavy Loader||Mandatory STR|
|Claws of Ahamkara||STR||STR+INT/DIS||Snap Discharge/any||Primary Loader/Secondary+Heavy Loader||Mandatory STR|
|Don’t Touch Me||STR||STR+INT/DIS||Switchblade/any||Primary Loader/ Secondary+Heavy Loader||Mandatory STR|
|Immolation Fists||INT/STR||INT/STR||Rain Blows/any||Primary Loader/ Secondary+Heavy Loader||no DIS|
|Khepri’s Sting||STR||STR+INT/DIS||Switchblade/any||Primary Loader/ Secondary+Heavy Loader||Mandatory STR|
|No Backup Plans||STR||STR+INT/DIS||Rain Blows/any||Shotgun Loader/ Heavy Loader||Mandatory STR (noticing a trend here?)|
|Nothing Manacles||DIS||DIS+INT/STR||Energy Projection/any||Primary Loader/ Secondary+Heavy Loader||Mandatory DIS (thank god no STR)|
|Ophidian Aspect||STR||STR+INT/DIS||Snap Discharge/any||Primary Loader/ Secondary+Heavy Loader||Mandatory STR|
|Ruin Wings||–||INT/DIS/STR||any||Heavy Loader/ Primary+Secondary Loader|
|Sealed Ahamkara Grasps||STR||STR+INT/DIS||Switchblade/any||Secondary Loader/ Heavy Loader||Mandatory STR|
|Shinobu’s Vow||DIS||DIS+INT/STR||Fastball/any||Primary Loader/ Secondayr+Heavy Loader||Mandatory DIS|
|Sunbreakers||DIS||DIS+INT/STR||Energy Projection/any||Primary Loader/ Secondayr+Heavy Loader||Mandatory DIS|
|Thagomizers||INT/STR||INT/STR||Rain Blows/any||Primary Loader/ Secondary+Heavy Loader||no DIS|
|The Impossible Machines||STR||STR+INT/DIS||Snap Discharge/any||Primary Loader/ Secondar+Heavy Loader||Mandatory STR (why, bungie, why?)|
|Young Ahamkara’s Spine||DIS||DIS+INT/STR||Fastball/any||Primary Loader/ Secondar+Heavy Loader||Mandatory DIS|
|Achlyophage Symbiote||INT||INT+DIS/STR||any||any||Mandatory INT|
|An Insurmountable Skullfort||STR||STR+INT/DIS||Invigoration||Hands-On/any||Mandatory STR|
|Apotheosis Veil||INT||INT+DIS/STR||any||any||Mandatory INT|
|Astrocyte Verse||STR||STR+INT/DIS||any||any||Mandatory STR|
|ATS/8 ARACHNID||INT||INT+DIS/STR||any||any||Mandatory INT|
|Celestial Nighthawk||INT||INT+DIS/STR||any||any||Mandatory INT|
|Empyrean Bellicose||–||INT/DIS/STR||any||any||Row 1 anyexceptInvigoration|
|Eternal Warrior||INT||INT+DIS/STR||any||any||Mandatory INT|
|Graviton Forfeit||INT||INT+DIS/STR||any||any/Heavy Lifting||Mandatory INT|
|Helm of Inmost Light||INT||INT+DIS/STR||any||any||Mandatory INT|
|Helm of Saint-14||INT||INT+DIS/STR||any||any||Mandatory INT|
|Knucklehead Radar||–||INT/DIS/STR||any||any/Inverse Shadow|
|Light Beyond Nemesis||INT||INT+DIS/STR||any||any||Mandatory INT|
|Mask of the Third Man||INT||INT+DIS/STR||any||any||Mandatory INT|
|Obsidian Mind||INT||INT+DIS/STR||any||any||Mandatory INT|
|Skull of Dire Ahamkara||INT/STR||INT/STR||Invigoration||Hands-On/any||no DIS|
|Skyburners Annex||INT||INT+DIS/STR||any||any/Heavy Lifting||Mandatory INT|
|The Glasshouse||INT||INT+DIS/STR||any||any||Mandatory INT|
|The Ram||STR||STR+INT/DIS||Invigoration or Infusion||any||Mandatory STR; Row 2 anyexceptAshes to Assets|
|The Taikonaut||–||INT/DIS/STR||any||any/Heavy Lifting|
|Bones of Eao||–||INT/DIS/STR||any||any|
|Mk. 44 Stand Asides||–||INT/DIS/STR||Arc Double Down||any|
|Peregrine Greaves||–||INT/DIS/STR||Arc Double Down||any|
|Radiant Dance Machines||–||INT/DIS/STR||All three Double Down perks||any||(these are all rather similar, aren’t they?)|
|Transversive Steps||–||INT/DIS/STR||any||Special Ammo/Heavy Ammo|
A slightly more subjective issue, but I spent a lot of time working on builds for all the subclasses, so let me say what I think. Obviously for the stats you want whatever fits the purpose of the gear and synergizes with the exotic perk; INT for super-centric, DIS for grenades and STR for melee. Several pieces (more than I thought at first, tbh) have a mandatory stat that may or may not (*cough* Impossible Machines *cough*) fit the perk, but mostly they do fit, so there’s that. There’s no hard and fast rule, but frequently, INT is more valuable because supers are a highly potent tool, whereas STR is less so, because especially in high-level content a melee playstyle may just not be viable (as always barring some exceptions). Ultimately what stat/s you want will depend not only on your build and playstyle, but also what stats are on your other gear.
As for perks, that’s a bit easier. Chestpieces, Ammo Capacity will depend on your weapon of choice; on the pieces that have it, “Heavy Ammo” is better than special. Personally I don’t care for Burn Defense or Elemental Recovery because the element used against you is not predictable enough for them to be overly noticeable, unless you intend to use the armor only for one very specific encounter. But I believe Arc is the most common element, since a lot of Taken carry it, and Void is the rarest. Regardless the Subclass Armor is pretty much always the better option. Some subclass-specific pieces have this perk locked, which makes the intended use rather apparent, on the others you’ll need to decide which subclass you’re most frequently going to be playing while wearing that piece, or if there’s one specific build you’ll be using it for. Gauntlets, same as Chests, Weapon Loader is entirely based on preference, but a Heavy Loader is always nice. Second Row, Melee Speed is the perk of choice for melee-centric builds (and commonly locked anyways), and Impact Induction otherwise. Not much of a discussion there. Helmets, unless you’re playing PvP only, Inverse Shadow is the best Second Row perk. First Row will depend on your preferences; Innervation is handy if you like your grenades, Invigoration for melee, but as mentioned before, focusing on melee is a bit sketchy in the current PvE endgame (as always, there’s exceptions). Infusion and Better Already seem functionally nigh identical and are conventient to quickly heal up after using your super and may actually save your life in a tight spot (just be sure to remember if you a wearing that perk or not, or you may end up surprised and/or dead that you didn’t get health back when you rushed that Orb). This will be a judgement call, but for the most part I’d avoid Invigoration (safe for a few melee-centric helmets).
Boots, Ammo Capacity, same as above. Double Down perks aren’t that strong as a whole, of course you could match it with the subclass/weapons you think you’ll be using along with the piece, but the effect is that minor I really wouldn’t waste any Glass Needles on that (maybe unless you’re an incredible perfectionist and/or swimming in resources).