Dragon Age Inquisition Hunter Guide
Dragon Age Inquisition Hunter Guide by Salsadips
- Hook and Tackle (Throws a grappling hook towards your enemy and pulls yourself towards it. Costs no Stamina and has no cooldown when upgraded)
- Leaping Shot (12 hits. Damage per hit 50% weapon damage. 12s cooldown. Cost: 35 stamina. Upgrade allows follow up shot to deal 200% damage and knocks down target)
- Evade (Its a dodge. Cooldown 2s, Cost: 20 stamina. Upgrade creates a brief hologram that damages enemies when hit)
- Full Draw (800% weapon damage + 800% if target is at full health. 24s cooldown, 65 Stamina cost. Upgrade puts target to sleep for 20s)
- Explosive Shot (2 hits, 100% weapon damage, 4m radius, 12s cooldown, 35 stamina cost. Upgrade grants 25% damage bonus per target for a 100% maximum damage bonus)
- On the Razors Edge (15% damage bonus when within 10m of enemies)
- Death From Above (25% max damage bonus when 2m above enemies)
- Pincusion (Each consecutive hit on a target does 5% more damage each time for 10s.)
Grab Leaping Shot and Evade straight away and upgrade. Then get the upgraded Hook and Tackle (level 9). Then choose either Full Draw or Explosive shot . The former if you want more boss damage, the latter if you want more crowd control. Upgrade all your abilities, except full draw if you took that (level 12). Then get On the Razors Edge (level 15), then the rest of the passives.
I haven’t chosen stealth because its just not worth the long cooldown imo. If the Hunter had the ‘I was Never Here’ passive then I would pick it for sure, but its really just taking up a slot that evade can fill with a lot more utility.
Lead with Explosive shot/Full Draw (take advantage of the double shot trick as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0tYQBU3VP8). Then hook and tackle yourself to the highest priority target you see (stalkers, knights, brutes, archers etc), then immediately follow up with leaping shot. Enemies cannot block this combo as H&T stuns them briefly. This combo will kill most non boss enemies providing you have a good bow. If not, you have the leaping shots upgrade ability which will more than likely finish them off.
Use a H&T/Evade combo when Leaping Shot is on cooldown. This will ensure melee units simply cannot hit you and archers can be knocked out of their full draw animation aswell which is really useful. Hook and tackle does deal a small amount of damage aswell which is not listed (seems to be around 100% of weapon damage but I have not tested this).
Repeat these combos and enjoy taking out enemies in style (seriously, the hook and tackle/leaping shot combo looks cool as f*ck).