WildStar Warrior Tanking Guide
WildStar Warrior Tanking Guide by OriginT
So a few weeks on I have learned and changed my build quite a bit.
- Its improved my TPS a TON up to around 8k or 9k TPS.
- My survivability is great with over 11k shield and 40k health after eating,
- I also have between 17% and 35% deflect chance. It changes depending on what procs I have on me at any given time but from what i’ve observed the average is about 29% for most of the fight.
- Still have amazing utilty.
- ThreatMeter – No explanation required I am sure.
- Clairvoyance – Help with CC effects such as finding your weapon.
- TapThat – I don’t like this, feels like cheating, but Carbine say it’s fine and it makes things a bit easier with any CSI’s.
- AuraMastery – Used to use ProcsHUD but decided AuraMastery gives better customisation options. Shows procs and cooldowns.
- Perspective – Replaces Ayth_Quest and EntSpy. Amazing customisation for EVERYTHING. I have it set to show a line between myself and any healers in my group/raid. It turns from dark green to light green when they are within 30m.
- SassyBuilds – Couldn’t live without this one. Allows you to change LAS builds in a split second whilst out of combat. I currently have 10 Tanking LAS builds saved with this.
My current AMP Build.
- The biggest change I made was getting rid of Power Link. Yeah it gives a nice DPS boost, but I was finding that a lot of the time it was only hitting me or maybe just one other person and so ultimately I felt like I could put something better in its place.
- Removing Unyielding from the Utility tree worries me but it’s going to be the first thing I get back once I have more AMP points. Being dazed isn’t great but it only happens if you take damage whilst sprinting. I think its manageable without it.
- I took Vigor in the Hybrid S/U tree as I do sprint in combat and that stacking buff is really nice.
- I also took Spike Armor. Assuming I get hit with direct damage every 1 second its (with my current gear) and extra 160 DPS. Pretty good passive threat.
- Finally I took Bolstering Strike. I like it. It’s decent threat with the added survivability. Works.
- I don’t need all the points in critical deflect as you only need a max of 15% so I just took what I needed there.
With the extra 10 AMP points I will get Unyielding and To The Pain.
As I said I use about 10 different LAS builds so I am as efficient as possible. I will show them below and explain why I like some Tiers. I won’t break down every build as the explanation of Tiers and the name of the build should explain all.
- Multi Mob – Low interrupt
- Multi Mob – High interrupt
- Single Mob – Low interrupt
- Single Mob – High interrupt
- Multi Mob – Low interrupt – CCBreak
- Multi Mob – High Interupt – CCBreak
- Single Mob – Low interrupt – CCBreak
- Single Mob – High interrupt – CCBreak
- Maximum interrupt Armor
- Single Target – VLow interrupts – CCBreak – Highly Mobile
Obviously these are all mainly derivative but with SassyBuilds its easy to really min/max.
Not all builds above use all these Tiers but I briefly want to explain why they are good.
- Tier 8 Menacing Strike. This is more for the extra damage as it’s what you will use most.
- Tier 4 Plasma Wall. This is to get the extra deflect. More deflect = less damage taken and more Atomic Spear procs.
- Tier 8 Atomic Spear. See Tier 4 Plasma Wall.
- Tier 4 Polarity Field. Generates two fields which will usually overlap. Great for multi mob tanking.
- Tier 8 Kick. 2 interrupt armour.
- Tier 4 Grapple. 2 Charges.
If anyone have any suggestions or indeed questions please let me know.