League of Angels Inheritance and Exp Transfer Guide
League of Angels Inheritance and Exp Transfer Guide by zelucelom
Recently there seems to be a lot of issues about using Angel Inheritance and Angel Exp Transfers. Numerous people have been raging and quitting because this feature of the game is vague and the results may not be as expected. Losing your angel exp and 30 pieces of crystals is not a fun thing. So in order to save people from raging and losing their crystals or having results that aren’t expected, I tried to make some small guide about this feature of the game (written to the best of my understanding but still not prone to mistakes, so if anyone knows better especially the developers or game masters, please do correct it).
I. Basics 101 (the terms you need to know beforehand)
(these terms aren’t the official terms as I am unsure of what it is really called but I will do my best to explain what I mean)
1. Level cap – Angels have a level cap, you can see it directly under the angel in the angel window. Angels cannot go higher than their level cap, but they can still be upgraded to the next grade/tier once they reach their level cap (more on this on the following paragraphs).
Above is the example of a level cap. Nocturna has a level cap to 20.
Nocturna – Level cap at 20.
Sylvia, Prospera, Loralei – Level cap at 40.
Lunaria, Marina, Glacia, Claudia – Level cap at 50.
Boadicea – Level cap at 60.
2. Experience – Angels do not gain experience when the player runs around in dungeons. They require the player to bond with them using angel tears in order to level up.
3. Grade/Tier – Angels have a starting grade or tier. This is denoted by the color of the angel when it is at level one. At the time of this writing, there are 5 grade/tiers. The different angels have different starting tiers, and i have listed them down for easy reference.
1st Grade/Tier – Green (Nocturna) no free upgrade
2nd Grade/Tier – Blue (Sylvia, Prospera) 1 free upgrade
3rd Grade/Tier – Purple/Violet (Lunaria, Loralei, Marina, Glacia) 2 free upgrades
4th Grade/Tier – Orange (Boadicea, Claudia) 3 free upgrades
5th Grade/Tier – Red (none) 4 free upgrades
The starting grade or tier is also important to know because it tells you the amount of free upgrades they already have and as well as their maximum level limit for inheritance (more on this later).
4. Upgrade – Angels require the player to buy them a new lingerie every 10 levels, and this is called an upgrade! Kidding aside, angels require the player to upgrade them every 10 levels. Each upgrade will cost 30 pieces of holy crystals equal to their current grade/tier. Upgrading an angel will allow the angel to go up 1 grade/tier, strengthen their angel attack, angel halo and possibly allow their level progression to continue. I do not have any pictures but I wrote down a few examples so that you can understand. Hopefully these examples will be enough for reference.
Nocturna upon reaching level 10 will present to the player an upgrade page. She will ask the player for 30 level 1 holy crystals.
Nocturna upon reaching level 20 will present to the player an upgrade page. She will ask the player for 30 level 2 holy crystals.
Sylvia upon reaching level 20 will present to the player an upgrade page. She will ask the player for 30 level 2 holy crystals.
Lunaria upon reaching level 30 will present to the player an upgrade page. She will ask the player for 30 level 3 holy crystals.
Loralei upon reaching level 30 will present to the player an upgrade page. She will ask the player for 30 level 3 holy crystals.
Free upgrade – Free upgrades are usually found on angels that have a higher grade or tier. It means that certain angels do not need upgrades for certain levels.
Nocturna is a grade/tier 1 angel, she has no free upgrades. She asks for upgrades at level 10 and level 20.
Sylvia is a grade/tier 2 angel, she does not need the first upgrade at level 10. She asks for upgrades at level 20, level 30, and level 40.
Prospera is a grade/tier 2 angel, she does not need the first upgrade at level 10. She asks for upgrades at level 20, level 30, and level 40.
Lunaria is a grade/tier 3 angel, she does not need the first two upgrades at level 10 and level 20 respectively. She asks for upgrades at level 30, level 40 and level 50.
Loralei is a grade/tier 3 angel, she does not need the first two upgrades at level 10 and level 20 respectively. She asks for upgrades at level 30, and level 40.
5. Grade/Tier level limit – Each grade or tier has a level limit. This is the maximum level that the angel can attain before she asks for holy crystals. This is not really mentioned clearly in the game hence I would give a complete reference to all of the current angels. This is also an important thing to know especially when inheriting.
Nocturna has a grade/tier level limit of 10. Meaning she asks for upgrade crystals at level 10.
Sylvia and Prospera have a grade/tier level limit of 20. Meaning they asks for upgrade crystals at level 20.
Lunaria, Loralei, Marina and Glacia have a grade/tier level limit of 30. Meaning they ask for upgrade crystals at level 30.
Claudia, Boadicea have a grade/tier level limit of 40. Meaning they ask for upgrade crystals at level 40.
Similar to inheritance for heroes, the player can also inherit an Angel to another Angel to gain their experience. But this is not as simple and there are certain restrictions and rules that are in place and the player must be aware of it or else it will be painful loss. I’ll start with the rules first, then we go straight to the restrictions.
1. A certain number of angel tears are required in order to perform inheritance.
2. Not all excess experience will be discarded that’s a relief, refer to kelesarra’s post for a little more information http://community.gtarcade.com/post/index/id/2728/?floor=36)
3. Experience is the only thing inherited not the grade or tier of angel. (another sad fact)
4. When the inheritance is complete, the experience will be transferred to the target angel, and the source angel will lose all of her experience and revert back to her original grade/tier.
1. Angels cannot go beyond their level cap. Excess experience will be discarded.
Player has a level 19 Nocturna and a level 19 Sylvia. If the player chooses to inherit Sylvia to Nocturna, it will end up withLevel 20 Nocturna asking for holy crystals and Level 1 Sylvia. All of the excess experience will be lost to the winds.
2. Angels cannot go beyond their grade/tier level limit. (oh the rage)
Player has a level 40 Lunaria and a Level 1 Loralei. Inheriting Lunaria to Loralei will result into Level 1 Lunaria and Level 30 Loralei asking for upgrade crystals. After giving the required upgrade crystals, Loralei will now move to Level 40 Loralei(might need an angel tear or so). Yes you’ll lose your upgrade crystals and as such need to upgrade again.
Player has a level 30 Sylvia and a Level 1 Loralei. Inheriting Sylvia to Loralei will result into Level 1 Sylvia and Level 30 Loralei asking for upgrade crystals.
Player has a level 30 Loralei and a Level 1 Marina. Inheriting Loralei to Marina will result into a Level 1 Loralei and Level 30 Marina asking for upgrade crystals. (you need to upgrade again)
Player has a level 37 Loralei and a Level 1 Sylvia. Inheriting Loralei to Sylvia will result into a Level 1 Loralei and a Level 20 Sylvia asking for upgrade crystals. After giving the required upgrade crystals, Sylvia will now move to Level 30 (might need to use an angel tear or so). You will then be presented with another upgrade screen, after which, if the requirements are met, Sylvia will move to be Level 37 Sylvia (this example will pretty much tell you that it’s a big waste of holy crystals).
Player has a level 40 Boadicea and a Level 1 Claudia. Inheriting Boadicea to Claudia will result into a Level 1 Boadiceaand a Level 40 Claudia asking for upgrade crystals.
Player has a level 44 Boadicea and a Level 1 Claudia. Inheriting Boadicea to Claudia will result into a Level 1 Boadiceaand a Level 40 Claudia asking for upgrade crystals. After giving the required upgrade crystals, Claudia will now move toLevel 44 Claudia (might need an angel tear or so).
Player has a level 51 Boadicea and a Level 1 Nocturna. Inheriting Boadicea to Nocturna will result into a Level 1 Boadiceaand a level 10 Nocturna asking for upgrade crystals. (rage quit!)
3. The player cannot inherit if the angel has no experience.
4. The player cannot inherit if there is not enough angel tears.
5. The player cannot inherit to the same angel (of course!).
III. Closing Notes and The End
Notes to remember:
-Always check the Inherit Angel window before pressing the inherit button (you can likely see the expected result and hence you can avoid the devastating facepalm moment)
-Excess experience will be lost
-Upgrade crystals will still be needed on the target angel even if the source angel was already upgraded at that level.
-It is a bad idea to inherit a higher tiered angel to a lower tiered one (seriously, don’t try it).
-Don’t waste your upgrade crystals if the angel is already at the maximum level cap. (I lost my 30 level 2 crystals because I upgraded Nocturna at level 20 cause she wanted that nice lingerie)
Hopefully this has helped players understand the feature better. Suggestions and discussions are always welcome. Don’t do drugs or rage quit if you made a mistake in inheriting angels. And please do not shoot me if you see me walking on the streets because there was a bad result in inheriting prior to reading this guide. This is your friendly player zelucelom (IGN: Manapause Server S1 Loralei) wishing you all the best.
Special thanks to kelesarra for information about experience not being lost at the expense of his holy crystals and angels risk.