Grand Chase Lire Dungeon Guide
Grand Chase Lire Dungeon Guide by Cypherix
Gameplay Videos – Youtube linked
GC Rebirth: Crossbow
GC Eternity: Crossbow
Character Summary: Crossbow
The Crossbow, also affectionately known as XBow, is a powerful archer-class to reckon with. Not only does she excel in mobility, her firing ability is not hampered by a long recovery time which allows her to escape shortly before danger strikes. Also unique to her is the ability to dash through enemies at a whim, giving her very opportune back-attack moments and other technical setups. Close-combat is her strongest point, and when played effectively, becomes one of the top-tier choices for dungeon teams.
Special Edit: The reason I chose to feature Crossbow Lire out of my 70+ other articles is because I find that she is an often misused character. I will highlight that I have faithfully stuck by Lire as my go-to character for running tough expeditions, a good 5 years of play experience with her. She is simple to use, yet exceptionally powerful when built right with your stat distribution plans.
If it is anything to go by, the above videos you see are proof of how well she manages a dungeon run by herself.
For more related guides written by me, kindly visit my dedicated GrandChase blog at “Cypherix’s GC Blog“, where I feature every character and class in similar fashion and special Skill Tree setup sections for AP-related characters.
Caution: Please be advised that clicking the link above will bring you to my site at Blogger. If for any reason you feel it is unsafe for you to do so please do not click on it**.Thank you!
**Thus on that note, I will look into requests should you want me to bring down more guides from my blog to the forums.
- The Crossbow uses Rapid Fire to good effect, noticeable increase in rate of fire on ground and in the air. However, it does not affect the rate of Rainstorm by much, as the firing rate is already very high.
- Rainstorm now allows Lire to hover in the air as she reaches the climax of her volley fire. Moving close to any platform however, will force her to land and stop shooting.
- Effective use of Rainstorm allows Lire to decimate bosses with bolts that hit like cinderblocks fired out of a cannon.
- Whilst her dash invincibility frames have been increased, making a Dash Attack still removes said invincibility.
- Crossbow has the best ease in firing her arrows, but it’s also no reason to be just standing and shooting like a sentry. Make the most of her mobility to get around your enemy’s blind spots and backs.
- To get around Arrow Defense buffs, topple them with her somersault kick, turn around and fire. If knocking them down is a non-option, the powerful Big Rush will take them out most effectively.
- Only Big Rush & Dive Bombing bypasses Arrow Defense.
- Crossbow bolts are mildly affect by gravity.
- Xbow’s jump takes a fraction of a second longer to get off the ground.
Skill Tree Setup:
Shoot Down: Ace Marksman
Allows Lire and all her job classes to shoot down enemy projectiles and also those from Jump-stages
Advance: (Elven Speed, Elven Resilience, Rapid Fire)
ES: Increases movement speed for 15 seconds, 20 second cooldown
ER: Increases MP Regen for 10 seconds, 20 second cooldown
RF: Increases Rate of Fire for 10 seconds, 30 second cooldown
Evasion: Elven Agility
This ability “teleports” Lire into the air behind her enemy and faces them. Though rarely used in the dungeon scene, this skill presents the perfect opportunity for back attacks at no cost, no cooldown and potentially pull you out of danger in a cornered scenario.
- Type: Projectile, Linear
- Range: Long
- Delay: Short
- After execution, you may press the Up or Down key to control the vertical axis of fire. Spreads a volley of bolt fire from the middle to the sides in a fan arc.
- Delay sometimes goes missing, possibly due to a bug(?)
Big Rush (aka. the Drill Kick)
- Type: Pierce-Through, Linear, One-Shot
- Range: Mid
- Delay: Short
- Delivers a single hit to the enemy via a drill spin, rushing through them and dealing massive damage.
- Lire’s second mode of evasion when trapped in dire circumstances.
Dive Bombing (aka. the Drill Arrow)
- Type: Pierce-Through, Linear, DoT
- Range: Long
- Delay: Short
- Lire lets off a magical arrow that pierces it’s way through enemies in it’s linear path. Dealing rapid damage as it worms it’s way through.
- The arrow slows down upon any and all contact, dragging enemies along as it hits.
- The rate of drag depends independently on each enemy, with some moving slow, faster, constant or not at all, with the arrow.
- Super Armor buffed monsters are not affected by the drag effect.
- Type: Linear, Splash
- Range: Mid ~ Wide
- Delay: Long
- Lire casts a magical sphere some distance away, firing violently into the sphere and expending it’s volume, finishing off with a final shot that produces a radial explosion of bolts.
- The initial line of fire will push any enemies in her path into the sphere.
- The estimated radial range of the explosion is 4×4 in terms of platform height by length.
- Spatial awareness is an advantage in gauging the best location for using the skill.