Galaxy Empire Useful Tips Guide
Galaxy Empire Useful Tips Guide by Evilgood1
Guide – Basics
1) To check a players rank and win/loss ratio simply email a freind or your alliance (which causes you to get an email too) thier name.
For example if you are unfortunate to be on the venus server you could check my rank by emailing @evilgood1 to a friend and have them email you back.
2) To check a planet size BEFORE random colonisation simply email the cords in the following format [1:1:1]
3) until they fix the bug you can hold down two to three reaserach items (on the same screen and if you have the resources) until the buttons turn bright green. If you time your release of the buttons correctly then all the reasearches will be done at same time. The same rule applies to fleet construction.
Guide – Neb farming
1) Ignore other people when they say you need to build cargos and large cargos and send with escorts to the neb. This will only lead you to lose ships and time.
2) Build and send only recyclers as recyclers have an attack score of 1 whilst having 10 in shields. What that means is that when you get hit by pirates (about 1 every ten trips) you will only face opponents of 70% or your attack strength. For example 100 recyclers will be met with a fleet of an attack strength of 70 (30% of 100 x 1) which will not get past your shields of 1000 (10 x 100). Even if you met the aliens which are 30% stronger than you, the maths will mean that the force sent is still not strong enough. The aliens will have an attack of 130 (1.3 x 100 ships x 1 attack) versus your shields of 1000 (100 ships x 10 in shields)..
3) Note on rare occassions you may lose a few ships but not many, it is partially dependant on luck and how much your weapons tech is higher than your shields tech.
4) You are still vulnerable to the black hole which to date has only hit me once in about 1000 trips.
5) Focus all you get on upgrading asto and computer tech first. At astro level 4 you can send 2 fleets per planet and at 9 it is 3 fleets per planet and at 12 it is 4. This also means that you should now split your forces to make as many runs peer planet as possible. The more runs you do the more chances you get of getting 50 dm. My record is 450 in 1 day. Note the average is about 100 per day or 1 every hundred trips.
Guide – Avoiding the big guys.
1) Build your planets in the middle of nowhere at a random cord.
2) Build all planets at same place except one or two ignore the players who tell you not to as they jsut want your fleet separated. If your fleet is in the same place you can jump from planet to planet quickly as the attacks come. People are rarely co-ordinated enough to hit you at the same time.
3) if a big player is hunting you then fleet save. This means you send your fleet out with as many resources as possible (especially metal) and land back on the same planet after the attack hits. They cannot attack your forces again for a few hours.
4) Fleet save at night by adjusting the trip time to 10% of the trip and send your fleet as far as possible. Then when you wake up hit cancell. If you do this right by the time you are ready to play after work or school. If you dont then it will take the same amount time getting back as it did sending out.
5) Planetary defences are not completely useless. Although most players will say not to bother, if you are planning a last stand they do have some benefit. The mk2 canon has more firepower than the bs but they will fall quickly as their shields are much lower. Normally I would say dont bother but in a last stand fight and if you have the engineer employed, the following event will happen. your forces will eventually lose against the numbers. But when you get out of protection mode and the player thinks you are defenceless, 50%! of your mk2 cannons will still be there when they send their reduced farming fleet.
That is all the tips I can give you.
Best of Luck and have fun.