Dragon Nest Green Dragon Nest Guide
Dragon Nest Green Dragon Nest Guide by v2seraph and chaose5
Stage 1: Fallen Bishop Geneus
There will be 4 Archbishops here. They won’t be activated if you don’t go near them. It is recommend that they should be killed one by one, separately.
Use ranged attack (Fireball or Gravity Ball) to lure 1 Bishop to your party, make sure you lure it far away from the other Bishops, Paladin should provoke shortly afterward. The rest of the party trigger minions spawn, they are easily killed when they are out of Bishop’s aura.
All minions must be killed before killing the Bishop, Bishop will revive even if there’s 1 minion remaining on field.
*Take note that Assassin Minions will go invisible at times.
**Bishop grows stronger every time it revives, making it even harder to kill.
Periodically, Bishop will summon a Punisher. The Punisher must not get near Bishop as Bishop emanates a dark aura which will strengthen the Punisher, making him 10x harder to kill. 5-6 members should engage and kill the Punisher immediately while Paladin continue provoking Bishop.
*Both Punisher & minions can be stopped with Time Stop, Gravity Ascension, Wax and other disables.
Skills of Bishop: Time Stop, Gravity Ascension, Yellow Laser
Skills of Punisher: Jumping Stomp (Not whole screen), Spinning attack.
Stage 2 : Swamp Golem Morgon
Once boss appears, get your Saint to buff you or have someone start a countdown timer. Once 40 seconds have passed, get ready to run to the activated Life Geyser! (All buff will be cleared once you got onto the geyser. Debuff will not be cleared.)
A notice will appear on the screen every 50 seconds (After gotten down from Life Geyser) and Poison Gas will be released on the field. One of the 5 platforms on the map will start glowing. All party members are supposed to jump onto the Life Geyser generated by the platform to stay alive during AOE Poison.
*You only have 5 seconds to move to the right platform.
1 Priest cast Miracle Hand few seconds after gotten off from Life Geyser. The party should try to maximize their DPS during this 18 seconds! Once Miracle Hand ended, Mercenary casts Panic Howl to ensure the party won’t get knocked down before going onto Life Geyser.
Prepare to run once ~40 seconds have passed since last AOE Poison, Priests cast Curing Hand while Acrobat or Academic cast their speedup buff to assist party members move towards the Life Geyser quickly.
*Try to keep the boss at the middle of the map so that the party can reach platforms faster.
*Zoom in your minimap. Use F1-F6 messages to let your party members know where is the Life Geyser.
*Flowers that spawn around the map can slow. (Can knock you out of Geyser?? Need confirmation)
*DO NOT cast Shield Block when running towards the Life Geyser as the flower attacks might slow you down.
Basic Attacks of Morgon
* Hook Punch
* Raise Leg Stomp: This doesn’t hit the whole field, but only a small AOE around it. You won’t get hit at 3,6,9,12 o’clock around him.
* Homing Ice Ball: Will freeze target. Can be cured with Curing Hand / Miracle Hand. Deals additional damage if there are other party members around yourself. Elemental aura reduces the frozen time.
Morgon will go Berserk at his 3rd HP bar and covers himself with Poison Mist. All nis attack skills will be powered up and imfused with poison elements. The berserk status actually has a certain duration , but he will keep renewing his Berserk status until it dies.
New Attacks at 3rd HP Bar
* 4-Direction Poison Wall: His Circle Kick will generate 4-directional poison walls. He will definitely cast this immediately after he finish his Berserk casting. Poison status can be cured with Curing Hand / Miracle Hand. High damage, multi hit.
* 1-Direction Poison Wall: His hook punch will generate a poison wall which wil move forward.
* Poison Geyser: His Raise Leg Stomp will have increased AOE and Poison Geyser will appear around him after the stomp (large AOE but not whole screen). 4 rows of geyser will spawn, radiating from him towards pt members. It has homing effect, hard to avoid unless you are very far away.
* Back-sitting Attack: Quick casting. Head turns to the left before casting, will cause faint. Will hit the area directly to the back of the boss. Heavy damage.
* Confusion Cloud: Spit poison cloud in the front direction. Clear all buff. Confusion status will be applied (“?!” icon appear on you if you are hit). The directional arrow key (either left-right or up-down) will be reversed. Can be cured with Curing hand/miracle hand/relief.
New Attack at Final HP Bar
* 3-Hit Stomp (Similar to Bishop Golem): Raises its right arm, and smashes the floor 3 times. Whole screen attack. Can be avoided with jump or any invincible/damage reduction skills. Very heavy damage.
* Jumping stomp: Mouth wide open, both arms at his waist level, jump up high and stomp. Heavy damage. Cause Faint. Whole field attack. Avoid with jump.
A video that shows all the above attack clearly and how to avoid some of them:
More stage 2 videos:
Stage 3: One-eyed Kraken
The concept of stage 3 is similar to stage 3 Lava Golem in SDN. After a certain warning, every party members are supposed to hide behind a statue. 1 man per statue, or the whole party will be killed.
Split the party into 2 groups before going in, 4 take statues on the left and 4 to the right.
Once inside, do not rush to attack the boss. Go to your assigned statue and wait for the first Curse Beam.
First, there will be a 5 sec countdown. After 2 sec, Kraken will cast Confusion Roar to push back all players slightly. This cannot be blocked or evaded. Once hit, confusion debuff will be applied. Directional arrow keys will be reversed. After 5 seconds, Kraken will cast Curse Beam. Curse Beam occurs every 50~70 minute (yes, it is not constant and varies randomly).
* Because of confusion debuff and the short time before Curse Beam, it is recommended that each party members move to the assigned statue earlier, so that after every howl, each party member will land near / behind the assigned statue.
* All party members will be killed if anyone does not hide behind the statue in time or more than 1 members are hiding behind the same statue.
* Walk to the statue by pressing “back” key (Due to the Confusion status).
* The boss will fall asleep for awhile after casting Curse Beam. This is your best opportunity to kill the boss. Go back to your statue when it wakes up and howl you away from itself.
Basic Attack of Kraken:
* Summon Tentacles: Tentacles emerge from the floor and attack players.
* Tentacle Swipe: Melee range attack.
* Howl: Low damage, heavy push back effect.
* Poison Line: A few line of poison will appear on the ground. Will receive damage continuously if you are standing on it. High damage.
New Attacks after 3rd HP Bar
* Homing Poison Ball: Dark elemental, inflicts a debuff on players, which prevent you from jumping for 5 seconds. The abnormal status can be cured with Curing Hand. Poison Ball can be blocked by Relics, Mirror or Summons.
* Poison Stomp: Heavy damage, dark elemental. Stomp will be cast if there is someone in the range of the Homing Poison Ball. Jump to avoid. Penetrate Shield Block, Parry Stance and other invincible skills. Cannot be avoided with Blink or Tumble.
* Enrage: Buffs himself to increase his own damage.
Changes after 2nd HP Bar
* Poison Line EX: the AOE of poison line increases
* Increased frequency of Enrage.
* Boss’ attack will increase as time pass by. More tentacles will spawn from ground with an increased size. (Due to Enrage)
* The sleep time of boss is roughly 20~28sec.
* The map has at least 14 statues at first. Each AOE poison attack will destroy 1-2 of the statues.. Eventually only 8 will be left on map.
* The boss will cast skills in following order at 3rd HP bar: Homing Poison Ball > Poison Stomp > Confusion Roar.
* You can make use of tab + dance2 to increase you superarmor and prevent pushback of Confusion Roar. This will make you move towards your statue quickly, if you are still not behind it already.
From the video, loots that drop from the chest in this stage are:
* Green Dragon Gloves, Boots
* Advanced Armor (Onyx) Potential Code
* Cleansing Totem
More Video of stage 3 & 4:
Stage 4: Swamp Queen Zeebel
* 2 spider queen boss, with tonnes of small spiders…
* scarab swarm will fill the valley every 50sec. Must jump up to the open platform around the area when the countdown starts.
*Only afew platforms will not be open (randomly). Failure to jump up = certain death. Make sure to have superarmor buff on the party during that time.
* Wave Attack
* Jumping Attack with Wave
* Shoot Spider Eggs – Spawn smaller spiders
* Rolling Attack
* Spider Web
* Self-explode (when the spider is about to die)
* stream of scarab will rush out from the bee-hive like structure on the wall across the alley randomly.
* high damage
* will heal the spider queen.
* clear as much as possible so that they won’t interrupt with your jumping
Paladin should provoke one of the spider queen at the end of the valley. The maining party members should kill the other spider queen as soon as possible.
More Video of stage 4
Stage 5: Kalahan
Kalahan has alot of enhanced version of elemental lord and force user skills.
Fire wall EX: extremely large AOE around himself
Icestab EX: a few arrays of ice spike in a semi-circular fashion in front of himself.
Mega Freezing Sword EX: Summon alot of freezing sword around the whole field, homing effect.
Ice Barrier: protect himself with a barrier
Ice sphere: summon afew spheres of ice above his head and throw them forward to the target.
Force Wave EX: push back effect , followed by the explosion similar to Spectrum shower.
Flame Road: a good chance to heal HP with holy shield.
Rolling Lava EX: throw up to 3 lava ball
Flame Bird EX: the flame bird seems to have homing effect.Heavy damage.
Magic Missle: Shoot alot magic missle to the front
Choke Slam: Catch and choke a party member to death. Eventually, the target will be slammed onto the floor. Extremely deadly. Buff-clearing attack. Suggest putting miracle hand or use devastating howl if he cast this. The person can be healed while he is choking him. Also, it can be cancelled with high superarmor break skills such as lighting detonation etc.
Attacks at Final HP bar
Black Hole EX: Clear all buffs. Start with a shockwave (push back effect) and summon afew large blackholes which can move around. Extremely deadly and has large suction effect. If paladin can lure Kalahan into a corner, 1 or 2 of the blackhole will hit the wall and disappear.
Flame Tornado: Summon a few moving flame tornado around the field. Very deadly. Safe zone- near kalahan. Very high burn damage. Must cure the burn ASAP.
Mega Ice Stab EX: Summon alot of ice stab all around the field , with homing effect. Freeze and slow upon hit.
After reducing 1 bar of his HP (at Hpx3), he will start casting one of the special attacks.
He will cast it every 90sec after that. The color/element of this attack is random.
Red: Fly to the sky with a huge fireball
Blue: Fly to the sky with a huge iceball
Purple: Summon afew dark pits which has suction effect (this one is a fake total annilation attack, no need to gather in flower if you don’t need the mp heal)
Green: Fly to the sky with a huge greenball
These special attacks can be avoided by going into the one of the flower with the matching color before he cast it, within 10 sec. Failure to do so will result in total anniliation. Each flower give buff to the party member (except for the green one).:
Red: Fire Defence increase
Blue: Water Defence increase
Purple: MP heal full
Green: MP all drain
The last flower will drain all MP from the party members.
Stage 5 Video
From the video, loots that drop from the chest in the chest in this stage are:
* Green Dragon Boots
* Advanced Armor (Onyx) , Weapon (Crystal) Potential Code
Stage 6: Green Dragon
Baddog’s GDN full run:
Stage 1 to 6:
BadDog and his teammate are the first to clear GDN in DN KR. Clearing video:
The strategy guide below is translated from BadDog’s guide on final boss (through duowan translation), with additional info contributed by various players in duowan.
High res full run GDN:
stage 6 HPX20-X12：http://www.56.com/u14/v_NjU1OTg5ODc.html
stage 6 HPX13-0：http://www.56.com/u34/v_NjU1OTkwMDc.html
GDN full run:http://www.56.com/u64/v_NjU2NDIwNjk.html
Various Skills at Phase 3
After defeating the human form of Kalahan, and after the cutscene, everyone should move towards the green point as shown in the figure above, which is a safe spot for most of the dragon’s attack.
Example video: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzM3MTcxNjc2.html
Green Dragon’s Attack:
Staying at the green point (lower left corner) and deal damage from far carefully.
The figure below show the attack range for two claw attacks:
* Claw Attack : dangerous , shown by bright red zone
* Claw Swipe: shown by dark red zone
After the claw swipe, the claw will be exposed outside the wall and vulnerable for 10sec. This is a good chance to deal damage.
The figure belows show the AOE for the 3 types of dragon breaths:
Poison Breath : very dangerous, Green zone
Fire Breath : very dangerous, Red zone
Ice Breath : white zone. Some ice will appear on his head.
Note that only Ice breath will hit the party members if they stay at the recommended spot. (the lower left corner). So it is recommend that you are familiar with the casting motion (watch for the ice on his head) of ice breath.
Basically what you need to do during ice breath is to take the first hit of ice breath damage and jump up immediately or blink to evade the subsequent hit. The dmg can be heal back easily.
Summon Comet: The casting of this skill is very similar to the rotating dragon breath of sea dragon. It will start with a screen blurring effect. After that, the AOE of the skill will be as shown in the figure below. All party members can get close the dragon in the position shown below and deal dmg safely for 10sec. Run back to the lower left corner again after this attack ended.
Example video of phase 1 to phase 2:
Activation of Heraldic Device
Throughout stage 1 to 5 of GDN, you can collect this item called “Cleansing Totem” after defeating the bosses.
They (you have to collect all 5) an be used here on to activate the Heraldic Device (location shown in the picture below).
1. Do NOT go towards the device immediately after the words “heraldic device can be activated).
2. Doing so will most likely kill you since you might get hit by Poison Breath
3. Make sure the dragon is not about to cast poison breath before moving towards the device.
Activating the Heraldic device gives you 15sec of invinciblity. Deal dmg to the dragon as much as possible during this timeframe.
After the HP reach x 17, the dragon will break the wall and your party members have to run to the next zone, as shown in the picture below. Do so quickly or be killed by the dragon.
Alot of monsters will appear in the next room. The dragon will not attack you during this phase. However you only have 40sec to clear all the monsters in this room, or else the whole party will die immediately.
If you manage to clear all the monster within 40sec, the dragon will chase after you to the next room. Alot of monsters will appear again, and you must clear them all within 40sec or face total anniliation.
The battle will continue in a relatively large area, as shown below. The dragon will be in the middle as shown.
Video showing the battle of the whole phase 3:
Spot A: Before HPx9, the safe zone for all physical attacks.
Spot B: A relatively safe spot too.
Spot C: The only spot to avoid the poison breath (even after HPx9).
There are 4 heraldic towers at the 2 edges of the map as shown (marked by 1 to 4, in the order of activation) .
After going into this map, all party members (with Holy Shield) should move immediately from the left to Spot B, which is relatively safe.
Move towards the hind legs to deal damage.
Boss Basic Attack start from HP x 17:
3 Hit Tail swipe: dangerous. Use the tail to smack the ground, and swipe left and right. Can be avoided if paladin is provoking the dragon in front.
Claw Swipe: similar as phase 1.
Stomp: Raise 2 of its front leg high. Has aftershock damage. Will do a tail swipe in teh frontal direction. Very dangerous.Wing Attack: Dangerous. Raise its legs and flap wing continuously. AOE as shown by the Grey zone in the figure above (around its belly). Anyone who are staying in front of the hind legs to the belly, will be push towards the dragon head and receive heavy damage. A good chance to deal damage at its tail or behind the hind legs. Can be avoided if paladin is provoking the dragon in front.
New Boss Attack start from HP x15.25:
Poison Breath: Very Dangerous. Normally cast after wing attack. The spine of dragon will glow green. There are two variations of Poison Breath: (1) straight line: AOE as shown by the Green zone in the figure above (2) fan-shaped – can also hit the area around his front claw when he turn his head.
Example of this attack can be seen here:
Toxic Spray: Spine of the dragon will glow green. The dragon will raise his head and roar. Alot of toxic spray will also be thrown into the air. Negligible, a good time to deal damage.
Flame Tornado: Very Dangerous. The spine of the dragon will glow red before casting ; one of his front leg will glow red and rise above ground before cast. Flame tornado will appear at an area spanning from his front claw to the tail. It can be blocked with relics/mirrors. Stay at the edge of the map behind the boss/end of tail is safe too. You can also hide in front of the dragon near the left/right edge of the map, but you will be vulnerable to poison breath. Can be blocked with shield block/avatar.
Magic Eye: Appear after HPx14. The spine of the dragon will glow white/blue before casting; one of his front leg will glow white/blue and rise above ground before cast. Some of the party members will be marked with eye. EVERYONE must overlap with the marked member(s), or suffer heavy damage (might even 1hit KO). Suggest overlapping at the hind legs, a good chance to deal high damage to the boss while overlapping. Beware if relics/summon units are marked, must overlap with them if it happens. Quickly disperse when this attack is over or else, everyone might be binded by vine.
Hiding in B-spot will enable the other party members to avoid most of the attacks, except for Stomp, Flame Tornado and tail swipe. If you move very close to the wall at Spot B, you can even avoid the tail swipe. Try to attack near the hind legs and behind the dragon, but take extra precaution to avoid wing attack, flame tornado and tail swipe.
Hp x 15.25, 12.25, 9,25, 6.25: Destroying Heraldic tower
At Hp x 15.25, the spine of the dragon will glow green. the word “Destroy Heraldic Tower” will appear on the screen. The screen blurring effect clear all buffs and induce “slow” effect on all members. Priest should use curing hand and refresh buff; academic/acrobat should cast speedup buff.
All party members should go to Tower 1 and use high superarmor break skill to destroy the tower immediately. The towers are activated in the order shown by the picture above (1 to 4, at HPX15.25, 12.25, 9.25, 6.25 respectively)
If the party fail to do so within a specific time, the dragon will fly and cast a poison breath, which will kill the whole party immediately.
If the party manage to destroy the tower, an invincible buff (green icon) will be granted to the whole party when everybody get into the platform at the middle (see figure below). Also, take this opportunity to deal damage to the dragon as much as possible before it attempts to fly.
When the dragon fly up, every party member should gather at the platform at the middle (see the figure below) which will glow after the tower has been destroyed. Failure to do so, will again cause total anniliation. The poison breath will hit the whole field, except this platform.
An video demonstration of dealing dps after destroying the Heraldic Towers:
After finish the poison breath anniliating attack, the dragon will stay at the edge of the map for awhile. All party members must go the edge of the map and observe what the dragon is doing. He can cast 1 or more of the following skills while in air at the edge of the map:
Boss Air Skills start from HPx15.25
Gigantic Flame Ball: Extremely dangerous. The dragon spine/crest will glow red. A huge flameball will be gathered at his claws in the middle of the field (red zone in the figure below). The flame ball will be thrown, hitting the whole field. Most members will be 1-hit KO, unless they hide at Spot A or at 3m range around the dragon (at the edge of the map).
Gigantic Ice Ball: Extremely daungerous. The casting motion is similar to flame ball, except that the color is white. It hits the front half of the area (stop at about 2m from the 1st pillar). Safe zone are marked by the blue zone in the figure below.
An example video showing how to avoid ice ball:
The dragon will land for afew second after casting fire / ice ball. It’s a good chance to deal some damage to him at Point B (see figure below), before he is airborne again.
Summon Monster: Only appear after Hpx11.25. Summon a few monsters (the boss in Islah Village).
Poison Dive Breath: Can be avoided easily by staying at the edges of the map.
Spot A : The only safe spot for Giant Flame Ball
Spot B: The spot to gather before getting ready to deal dmg.
Spot C: The only safe spot for Poison Breath.
New Boss Attack start from HP x11.25
Vine Grip: It will raise one of his front leg and the tail high to the right before casting. When the tail/leg hit the ground, some party members will be binde with vine. Very difficult to spot the casting animation. The color of the spine is neutral (neither green,red or white). All party members should disperse immediately. If any of the party members are binded, save him similar to the ice bind of sea dragon. Can be avoided with jumping at the moment when the tail/leg smack the ground. Very high damage if you are binded (first hit 55k, subsequent tick per sec is 3000 for 10sec, final hit 130k.). Need about 210k+ hp to survive.
Example video for vine grip:
New Boss Attack start from HP x 9.25
Summon Skeleton Bull: First appear after HPx9.25. The dragon crest will turn purple and fly up to the sky vertically. After 10sec, the dragon will summon two skeleton bulls after landing: One red, and one blue. The horn of the dragon will change color (blue or red) after another 10sec. The bull with the same color as the dragon at this moment, need to be killed within 15sec, or else the bull will become invincible and the total anniliation skill will wipe the whole party. If the party manage to kill the correct bull withint 15sec, a magical circle will appear at that location, which allows the party members to hide safely from the anniliation attack.
When the dragon land after this attack, there will be an aftershock damage. Jump to avoid.
Note: There is a bug in CDN currently, if the bulls are frozen and killed, the magic circle will not appear. So ele should try NOT to freeze the bull. Ice shield which might freeze it also should be turn off.
An example Video for this phase:
New Boss Attack start from HP x 5.25
Scarab Swarm: Cast after 5.25xHP. Extremely dangerous. The boss will beat his wings repeatedly for roughly 10sec while staying on the ground, before taking flight. Scarab swarm will appear at every party member’s feet. This attack clear buff and induce a very powerful poison status which cannot be cured for 12sec. There are 2 suggestions:
* use devastating howl after 10sec after wing flapping , just before the dragon fly.
* try to break the superarmor of the dragon by attacking his head. If the superarmor bar is depleted in time, the dragon will faint: a good time to deal damage!
If both measures fail, staying at the frontal area of the dragon make it easier to avoid this attack, due to larger running area. Keep moving to avoid this skills (pretty much like Ice Bomb in SDN).
Wooden Meteor: Dangerous. Induce screen blurring effect. Just keep moving and away from the wall to avoid.
Negative resist means “weak to”.
Note: Stage 6 Boss of GDN is the green dragon. the two monsters shown as stage 6 are the monsters summoned by Green Dragon during battle.
A comparison of full stats between the boss stats for DN KR and DN CH is shown here:
Apparently, the HP of GDN bosses are boosted =.=