Battle of the Immortals Berserker High Level Guide
Battle of the Immortals Berserker High Level Guide by Immortal
This guide is split in 5 chapters,:
1. Basic info,
2. Skill list,
3. Recomended skill upgrades,
4. Socketing armor and choosing the right gems,
5. Best pet for Berzerker,
Basic info and what you should know about Berzerker,
Berzerker has a high physical damage, Berzerkers have a medium level of health and armor with low magic defense and low evasion.
This class is supposed to be strong against Heretics and Slayers.
Stat distribution: Always put your stats in strength. STR provides Physical Attack & Accuracy, as we know, Berzerker cannot afford to miss in a duel, that’s why making a hybrid Berzerk build will lead you to failure in duels/pvp.
– Normal attack: Has a chance to stun your opponent with each hit.
– Bash (Skill): Has a fast cool-down and medium damage.
– Rage (Skill): XP skill with a short range AOE and medium damage.
– Sortie (Skill): Stuns your opponent for a short period of time.
– Sever (Skill): Deals good amount of damage and has a chance to reduce your targets defense for a short period of time.
– Savagery (Passive): Increases your critical damage chance.
– War Roar (Buff): Increases your and other player Physical damage.
– Lunar Slash (Skill): Hits up to 5 opponents in front of you, dealing medium amount of damage.
– Reap (Skill): Causes your target to bleed, thus inflicting low DMG every second for 30sec.
– Duelist (Passive): Increases your accuracy.
– Fury (Buff): Adds an 50% freeze & stun resistance for 18sec (at level1).
– Bloodlust (Buff): Increases your attack speed & running speed for few seconds, and reduces your Physical & Magical defense.
– Terminal Velocity/SKYPIKE (Skill): Jumps at your opponent and slows him down for few seconds.
– Demolish (Buff): Increases your Holy Strike hit chance.
– Whirlwind (Skill): Hits up to 10 opponents near you.
– Temper (Passive): Increases your STR
– Stained Blade (Skill): Reduces your opponents HP by 10% (at level 1)
– Counter (Passive): Has a chance to counter your enemy attacks and dealing damage equal to 100% of your STR.
– Cold steel – Aquired from 20 Cold Steel skill books. Increases your Fire elemental damage.
Recomended skill upgrades,
Now that you know what each skill does, you are ready to learn how to upgrade skills properly. Though, there is a little problem with Berzerkers and Skills. Zerks have a low amount of Mana, and if all skills are high level, then be sure to use MP food/potions very often. This Mana problem can even cause trouble in PvP.
– Bash: Some people say that this skill is not worth the coins & EXP to upgrade, but guess what… when this baby at lvl8 hits 3-4k crits to mobs & 1-2k crits in PVP, you wont regret upgrading this skill.
Recommendation: Till you hit 70+, get this skill to Lv:8-10
– Rage: Probably the worst XP skill of all classes. Has a very short range, and low damage (compared to other class XP skills)
Recommendation: Shouldn’t upgrade higher than Lv.6 till level 70+
– Sortie: Ah, the main trump card for Berzerker. Too bad that you can’t stun instance bosses with this. (has like a 0.01% chance to stun instance bosses)
Recommendation: Lv:10 is a must if you’re PVPing.
– Sever: This skill can change the outcome of a duel pretty quick, if you are lucky. At lvl10, has a 23% chance to reduce your opponents defense by 280 for 8 seconds. In a duel you can make Heretics and Mages defenseless, and that will give you a huge advantage.
Recommendation: Lv:10 is a must
– Savagery: This skill plays a huge role in your PvP life. Berzerker critical strikes sure do hurt and can cause pain.
Recommendation: Upgrade to Lv:10 as fast as you can,
– War Roar: Lv:10 WR increases your Physical attack by 100. Though, sometimes people buff their enemies with this buff, thus making them stronger. So always pay attention to what you’re doing, and where you’re buffing up. This skill might not seem “THAT” important to some, and they just leave it at lvl6-7.
Recommendation: Lv:10 is a must after lvl75+
– Lunar Slash: Ah, the mini AOE skill with a decent damage. This skill can be useful in mass PvP events, like Glacier Wars or Ancient Ruins .
Recommendation: Don’t upgrade higher than Lv:7 if you are a 1v1 duel person. If you like mass PvP events, then Lv:8-10 is a must.
– Reap: Very useful in PK.. if someone tries to run away, you can Reap them, thus they will get damaged every 5 sec, and they wont be able to summon mounts/pets while hiding from you.
Recommendation: Lv:5-6 max.
– Duelist: Accuracy is critical to Berzerker. Our attack speed is low, and missing few times in a PvP/Duel can be lethal to you.
– Fury: This skill can save your life in mass-PvP events, and duels with Mages, Zerks, Champs. Mages tend to ice/freeze you and run away. This skill can make you ignore those pitiful icing attempts.
Recommendation: Lv:7-10 till lvl80+
– Bloodlust: A risky skill to use, due to that defense reducing part… but then again, when this skill is Lv:7, it can beat the candy out of Heretics fast. Herc’s wont be able to keep up with healing that DPS.
– Terminal Velocity/SKYPIKE: Always helps you when Mages try to run away from you.
Recommendation: EDIT: Lv10 is a must (that’s if you’re fighting against slayers/mages/heretics and players who like to run away )
– Demolish: Holy strike damage is a bit lower than critical strike DMG. But hey, dealing more damage is fun right?
Recommendation: Lv:10 for sure,
– Whirlwind: The awesome AOE skill which hits 30+k crits to mobs at Lv:10. But, the Mana requirement is just ridiculous… but then again, in massive PvP events, this skill can help you do damage to the whole enemy team. hehe
Recommendation: Lv:3-10 (Lv:10 is OP,)
– Temper: A reason for a pure Strenght Berzerker build.
Recommendation: Lv:10 is a must
– Stained Blade: This skill is very effective against champions. Level 2 skill can do up to 7k damage to lv90+ champ.
Recommendation: It’s pointless in having this skill past lv5 at 95+, due to the fact that most of your opponents will have more than 40k HP.
– Counter: Has like 1% chance on countering your opponents attack.. Every counter is a critical hit.
So, this is another reason why Zerks should put all stats into STR.
Now that you have upgraded your skills properly, you must not forget that skills must be used with a strategy and order.. simple 21463451 spam will just make your skill upgrades worthless.
As for these skill strategies, you must find them on your own, and adapt your own skill spamming strategies.
If you face a mage, then using Fury – Bloodlust – Sortie – Sever – Reap – Bash(any other available skill) – TV/SKYPIKE after mage starts to run – Repeat would be the best strategy…
Why ? Because Fury will save you from freezes + increasing your accuracy, bloodlust will increase your running speed & attacking speed, stun will just stun, Sever might reduce he’s defence, reap will do damage overtime, and bash(any other available skill) will increase your DPS – Skypike will be needed when mage wakes up from stun and starts to run… If everything worked as planed, then mage running will be pointless, as you won’t be freezable for a short while and your running speed will be increased.
You can even use Fury after the Mage recovers from stun, do as you like.
Socketing Armor and using the right gems.
Adding the right gems to your gear is quite simple. If you look at Berzerker set weapons, you will see that each weapon provides a “Fire attack”, which means that Zerk attacks are based on fire element.
Usually to get 3 open slots in items, you need to upgrade that item to +7, which can be painful sometimes…
– If you have a 3 open slots in weapons, accessories, Rings, amulets e.t.c – Then add Physical attack gem lv3, Fire attack gem lv3-4, and you can choose to add either Lucky strike stones, or Accuracy stones.
– If you have 3 open slots in armor – Always add lv3 HP stones. And again, you have to choose from two gem types. Either add Magical & Physical defense gems, or add Magical defense gem + an element resistance gem.
Zerks have low magical defense, so Magic def gems is a priority.
Each class element damage:
– Fire – Mages, Berzerkers
– Ice – Champions, Mages,
– Holy – Heretics,
– Dark – Slayers, Heretics, Mages
So, if you plan to socket element defense gems in your armor, you must choose one of the above. If Berzerkers are strong against Heretics & Slayers, then their element defense gems should not be added in your armor.
I think that Mages can use all elements, but I’m not 100% sure about it.
Best pet for Berzerker,
I’d say, that Zerks should roll with INT or DEX type pets. As pet normal damage in PVP is quite low, DEX pet should cover that up with criticals. Though, INT pets can be useful if you fight against those classes which have low magical defense.
Or, choose STR type pet… due to the fact, that you can increase physical attack to your pet by 100 (AND NO, FORTIFYING DOESN’T PROVIDE EXTRA PHY ATT FROM YOUR BUFF… YOUR BUFF WILL ALWAYS INCREASE PETS STR BY 100 AT LV10 WR .. NO LESS, NO MORE.)
Well, that’s about it folks… phew… one of my fingers is starting to get numb I think,