Eldoran Combat Mechanics Guide
Eldoran Combat Mechanics Guide by Andywestside
Every character has 4 basic and 3 non-basic characteristics.
– Non-basic characteristics:
At the first level the sum of all characteristic points is 40. Level upping you will receive 8 points more to distribute.
There are basic and current indexes or characteristics. Current index is a sum of basic plus items bonuses.
Note that every item has characteristic requirements to put on.
Attack rating is one of the characteristics which determine a chance of critical strike (both for warriors and mages).
– Physical Attack of your character is determined by your Attack and Agility characteristics.
– Magic Attack of your character is determined by your Attack and Magic characteristics.
Some items (for example heavy weapons) can decrease your Attack rating and thus a chance of critical strikes too.
Light weapons increase your Attack rating and thus a critical strike chance too.
Equipping yourself with shield also decreases your Attack rating (both for mages and warriors) that is why characters equipped with heavy weapons rarely use shields.
Usage in battle: Increases Attack rating both for mages and warriors.
Defense determines your Defense rating and chance to parry (both for mages and warriors).
– You can increase your Defense rating against physical damage by increasing Defense and Agility.
– You can increase your Defense rating against magic damage by increasing Defense and Magic
HINT: Heavy weapons increase your Armor but decrease Defense (in such case it is harder for your character to dodge few hits will pierce the armor and a chance of critical strike is reduced too.
Usage in battle: Increases Defense rating both for mages and warriors.
Agility is one of the characteristics which determine a chance of critical strike for physical attack and a chance to parry physical attack. Agility does not take in account in magic attack or magic defense.
– You can increase your Physical attack rating by increasing your Attack and Agility characteristics.
– To increase your Physical defense rating, increase your Agility and Defense.
Usage in battle: Agility is one of the characteristics which influence your physical attack and physical defense ratings.
Magic is one of the characteristics which determine a chance of critical strike for magic attack and a chance to parry magic attack. Agility does not take in account in physical attack or physical defense
– You can increase your Magic attack rating by increasing your Attack and Magic characteristics.
– To increase your Magic defense rating, increase your Magic and Defense.
Usage in battle: Magic is one of the characteristics which influence your magic attack and magic defense ratings.
Luck influences your critical attack chance.
A Health level is independent characteristic which is the same for characters of the same level. It automatically increases when level upping and you can increase it only with different items or healing potions (with potions only until end of combat).
After each battle you will lose Energy points – this reflects your character’s tiredness.
You can not increase your Energy maximum at it is 48. Each half an hour your character replenishes 1 Energy point automatically.
You can go to the Tavern and there have a drink and replenish your energy points.
Building in your Castle a Bedchamber you will increase the speed of your Energy automatically replenishment.
Your Damage characteristic indicates how many Health points you will remove from enemy in battle (nonmetering enemy’s Defense). It determines with your items, Attack and Agility (for physical weapons) or Attack and Magic (for magic weapons)
Mind that your shield’s armor pluses to your Armor rating only when you successfully block.
Your Armor characteristic only half protects you from magic attacks
Chance to Block
Only shields have this characteristic. It shows a chance of adding the shield’s armor to your characters’ total Armor rating when parrying.
Бонус к стихии магии
There are items which gain you bonuses to elemental magic (for example amulets and rings). It means that their bonuses will add to your magic weapon of the same elemental Attack or increases the efficiency of scrolls of the same elemental. Also they protect you from the negative effects of that elemental.
Critical hit is extremely strong and dangerous hit which causes a lot of damage. It depends on your Luck and Attack and Agility (for physicall weapons) and Attack and Magic (for magic weapons) characteristics.
Parry is a chance to strongly reduce received damage. It depends on your character’s Defense and Agility (for physical weapons) and Defense and Magic (for magic weapons) characteristics.
So, there is a resume about which rating depends on which characteristics:
Physical attack rating (warrior) – Damage, Attack, Agility
Magic attack rating (mage) – Damage, Attack, Magic
Physical defense rating (against warriors) – Armor, Defense, Agility
Magic defense rating (against mages) – Armor, Defense, Magic
Protecting against magic scrolls – Magic, Defens
there are two general types of items:
1. General items – made in the Blacksmith: swords, axes, plate mails, shields, boots and so on. You may buy them for elds.
2. Magic items – created in the Magic Tower: books of magic, scrolls, rings, amulets, potions and so on. You may buy them for elds.
Both general and magic items can be enchanted. Enchanted items are stronger then non-enchanted. You may buy them for elds and/or mercurium. There are 3 types of enchanted items:
– “green” (you may purchase them for elds and mercurium)
– “blue” (you can only loot them)
– “orange” (you can purchase them for mercurium only)
There are also items which require some characteristics of your character to wear:
1. Items which require Agility (swords, axes, hammers etc).
2. Items which require Magic (magic wands, stuffs, rods etc).
“Warriors” (those characters who use items which require Agility) are stronger in damage-dealing with weapons but can not efficiently use magic scrolls.
“Mages” use magic staffs/rods/wands and efficiently use magic scrolls, but “pure damage” of weapons is less than warrior’s damage.