IMVU Credits FAQ
IMVU Credits Frequently Asked Questions MinhyrdinWindrose
Credits can be complicated for new and even for long time users. Get the answers to those frequently asked questions right here.
Q: What are Credits?
Credits are the main form of currency on IMVU. You can use credits to buy or gift items from the IMVU Virtual Goods Catalog, buy music from the IMVU Music Store, play games, buy premium names, submit product to the virtual good catalog and to buy Shout Outs or Badges (also called bling).
Q: What is a Predit or a Promo Credit?
Predits and Promo/promotional Credits are the exact same thing. They are free “points” that IMVU gives you or allows you to earn which you can exchange for goods from the Virtual Goods Catalog.
Q: How can I use my Predits?
You can use your predits to buy items such as clothes, hair, shoes, rooms and furniture from the Virtual Goods Catalog to customize your avatar. There are some limitations, though. You may not use a predit to buy a gift for a friend. You may not transfer predits from one person to another. You may not use predits to purchase Shout Outs or music from the Music Store. You also may not use predits to play games on IMVU.
Q: “I’m out of Predits! What do I do now?”
You can earn or win free credits through IMVU through some of the ways listed below – or you can buy credits through the IMVU Store or a registered reseller.
Q: How do I purchase Credits?
Q: How can I win or earn Credits?
There are many ways to earn credits. Many of them are listed on this page: Earn Credits .
Those in the US can also earn credits by watching movies here.
In addition to those on the Earn Credits page:
• You can check out the Contests forum. That’s correct, users just like you sponsor contests for fun! Many of them have really excellent prizes including credits, gifts and other cool stuff!
• You can capitalize on your art and graphic skills in Graphic Arts Services and Request forum. Have an artistic flair for avatar art and banners? This is the place to show it off.
• Use your coding skills to design custom homepage layouts in the Homepage Building and Design forum.
• Register as a Content Creator for the opportunity to earn credits by making content for the Virtual Goods Catalog.
Q: Who is Miss Greenbacks?
Miss Greenbacks is the official banker of IMVU.
Q: Can I buy Credits for a friend?
Yes, you may and you can also give credits to them.
– To buy credits for a friend:
1. From the IMVU header, highlight Credits and then click on Buy Credits.
2. Select the desired amount and then check out
3. Select “Buy for a friend” and enter their avatar name
4. Select your payment method and complete the transaction.
– To give credits to a friend:
1. From the IMVU header, highlight Credits and then click on Give Credits
2. Follow the directions on the page to complete the credit transfer. Please note that all IMVU accounts are subject to credit transfer limits and the actual limit is based on various factors such as creator status, account history etc.
Q: What is a credit “reseller?”
A credit reseller is someone (usually a Content Creator or a group of CCs) that sells their credits directly to you and keeps the prices much lower than IMVU. Because you are purchasing credits directly from the Content Creators, they cost less money. Yes, you may use the forums to ask other people who they recommend for purchasing credits. No, you may NOT bash a reseller in the forum if you have had issues with them.
Q: Are credit resellers sponsored by IMVU?
No, they are not. Many have been involved with IMVU for a number of years and have a good professional relationship with IMVU staff, but IMVU does not endorse any reseller nor will IMVU mediate any problems you may have with a reseller. Use of them is completely at your own risk.
Q: How do I know which resellers I can trust?
Real resellers all own their own names (No Guest accounts). They will never ask for your password, nor spam your homepage, group, or public room with advertisements. Also be wary of any “too good to be true” prices. The best way to find a trustworthy reseller is to ask around. Check with your favorite CC to find out who they use or recommend.
An unofficial listing of verified Registered Resellers can be found here. Resellers are displayed in the directory in random order. The site is not affiliated with nor endorsed by IMVU. A Reseller’s presence in that listing does not imply a guarantee of any kind. The Registered Resellers Directory is a listing service only.
Q: Help! I purchased credits from IMVU and never received them?!?
Ok, first of check your transaction record with your bank or whomever. If it was good on their end it’s time to fill out a help ticket. [Help > Request Support > Billing > payment method used to make the purchase]
Q: Help! I purchased credits from a reseller and never received them?
The reputable resellers have information on their sites directing you how to handle a credit issue. But always confirm that your purchase went through, so check your records first!
Q: Help! I completed a partner offer but never got paid for it?
In some cases, your offer must be validated or processed before any IMVU Credits can be awarded. This can take two or more days so please be patient. Please closely read any offer details.
Also, there are a series of issues which may complicate the delivery of IMVU Credits. Common issues include:
• Ad-blocking software which prevents advertisers from placing the cookies required to track the offer
• Browser security settings configured not to accept third-party cookies
• Software on your computer which hijacks the cookies and credits the offer completion to another company
• Failure to qualify for the offer due to your age or location
Q: I’ve completed several offers. How can I tell which ones I’ve received credits on?
You can view the status of all completed or in process activities on the offer page by clicking on the green or orange button entitled “Missing IMVU Credits?” in top right hand corner and then viewing the list of actions you’ve undertaken. Should you feel this information is not accurate, click on the blue “Contact Support” link and provide the details requested by the Offerpal Customer support team.
All offers are provided by external partners. IMVU has no direct control over them.
Q: Help! I completed an offer and got a BILL for it?
Please read all partner offers carefully. Not all of them are free. Some will charge your cell phone or credit card. Others require a purchase or a contract, so make sure you read all the fine print!
Q: Help! I think I’m missing credits?
Check your Credits Balance Log to see all recent credits transactions on your account. To find the Credits Balance Log, go to your Account Settings page and, on the right hand side of the page under Order History, you will see the Credits Balance Log link.
The Credits Balance Log will contain all the information you will need should it prove necessary to file a help ticket.