ARGO Online Unlock Better Graphics Guide
ARGO Online Unlock Better Graphics Guide
Ever wonder why the graphics in game were nothing compared to the video and screenshots on the main site? You might think you are crazy and that is just how things are. You are not crazy! Oddly enough, they have dumbed down the graphics in the in-game options. However, with a few tweaks, you can turn this:
That’s right, the screenshots up top are of the game in max via the in-game graphics options. The screenshots bellow show what max actually is for ARGO. This entire time you might have been going around with the game graphics on max thinking that was as good as it gets, but that is obviously not how it is. Let me just say right now I am not a hacker, you do not require hack tools to unlock the real max graphics and it is totally legal to unlock them. Before doing anything, be sure to close your game down.
Official Staff response to this tweak _______________
we won’t punish it if you change your settings as shown in this guide.
but we won’t give any support if something doesn’t work afterwards.
so use at your own risk.
1. Right click your games shortcut on your desktop and select Properties > Shortcut Tab > Open File Location.
2. Open the folder called UserSetting and locate the config file called Launcher.
3. Copy that file and paste it in a safe place like your desktop. This is VERY important to do! If your game stops working you will need this original file to make the game work again.
4. Open the Launcher config file with notepad. It should open in notepad by default, but if it does not, right click it and select Open with > and then select Notepad.
5. Scroll down until you find a line called [GRAPHIC] and edit the number values under that from 0 to 1000. 0 means off, 1 means low, 2 means medium, 3 means high and some options go higher and higher. I don’t know the max value so I personally just changed everything to 1000 besides a few options like camera and antialiasing. 1000 will make that option go max and not actually push above it. If the max value is 10, entering 1000 will simply make the value 10 in-game. Note that antialiasing is a really hard hitter for graphics and to be safe you should only put it to 4 or 8 before trying for a higher value. Higher values include 16, 32 and 64. Note that anything past 16 could harm your graphics card. Start off with 8 and if it works fine, try 16. If 16 works fine, try 32. If 32 works fine, you really don’t need 64. I just like how it blurs everything a bit. Note that at 64, you will lose a bit of texture quality but gain more blur, thus making everything blend in more. In all honesty, most people can’t tell the difference between AA 16 and AA 64. I’ve also been told that character select screen does not lag with a value of 32 or less. If you have 64, it is normal for the character select screen to lag due to massive amounts of blur and bloom in that screen. Note that may mean you will need to turn it down for areas with high bloom.
6. Save the file once you are done. You might want to change other options such as UI settings or enabling sound echo. Note that there is also player voice chat that I found, but the feature is not in yet.
7. Now copy the new saved Launcher config file and open the folder called noname.
8. Delete the Launcher config file in that folder and paste the one you just copied into that folder.
9. Try launching the game. If it crashes, paste the original Launcher config you saved to your desktop into the UserSetting and noname folders. If the game runs really slow in character select, try to get into the actual game. Oddly enough the character select screen lags a LOT for me but once I get in game the frame rate is amazing for me. If the game lags really bad even in the actual game past character select, either edit both Launcher config files to have lower values or paste the original back in to go to your last settings before you edited the files.
10. Enjoy a new, cleaner, more beautiful game.
Optionally, you can simply copy and paste my own settings into yours.
You are welcome.
My IGN is Painzer.
Update: For some reason more and more people are PMing in game about how they can’t get antialiasing to work. First of all, you need a valid value! Valid values are 2 4 8 12 16 24 32 and 64. If AA does not work with valid values, I have no idea what is wrong. But if you have an ATI graphics card, open up CCC and you can force AA. You can do the same with NVIDIA control panel.