Facebook Backyard Monsters Damage Protection – Explained
Damage Protection – Explained. by CoolCat
The purpose of this thread is to explain how Damage Protection is activated, and how long it lasts.
There are three different ways that DP is activated;
- Player purchases it from the General Store.
- Purchasing DP from the general store is pretty self-explanatory, you pay shiny to be protected from attacks by other players. This lasts for the length of time you purchased it for (or until you attack another player, whichever comes first).
- Player gets attacked other player(s) a certain number of times within a specific time period.
- Target gets attacked 4 times within a 1 hour window = 1 hour DP
- Target gets attacked 10 times within a 24 hour window = 48 hours DP
- If the target decides to attack [any other player] before the 48 hour DP expires, then they will lose their DP, but the 10-in-24 “counter” keeps on counting (ANY attack by any player within that 24 hour window will instantly re-trigger the 48hr DP all over again.
- If the 10 attacks are from one single attacker, then in addition to the 48hr DP, the target will also be removed from that attacker’s map room. The removal is permanent, unless the target decides to retaliate (this is always possible, as the attacker still remains in the target’s map room).
- Player suffers a certain amount of HP* damage to their base:
- 25%-49.9% HP* damage = 18 hour DP
- 50%-100% HP* damage = 36 Hour DP
- * = HP stands for Hit Points or Health Points. Every building in your yard has a specific health (see chart below). To trigger DP based on total base/yard damage, you must cause more than 25% HP damage (not just simply damage 25% of the buildings).
- Generally speaking, most players build everything they possibly can. When a player has built and upgraded all available buildings, you can destroy all 16 defensive towers and still stay under the 25% HP DP threshold.
- If the player has less than the maximum available buildings, then the base may be pushed into DP sooner (even if you haven’t destroyed all their defensive towers yet).
- The following chart displays the ‘health’ of each building:
- Wild Monsters:
- Generally speaking, Wild Monsters do not effect DP.
- Attacking a wild monster base will NOT removal any active DP.
- Being attacked by wild monsters alone will NOT trigger DP; however if another player attacks before the [WM attack] damaged buildings finished repairing, the combined damage from both WM and PvP attacks could trigger DP much sooner than just a PvP attack alone.