Clash Royale Ice Golem Advanced Techniques and Combos by usc1313
Today, I bring to you some of the uses for the newly released Ice Golem showcasing its various capabilities by itself as well as combined with other cards.
Ice Golem is a fantastic card because it offers something completely unique when compared to every other card in the game. With 1100 HP and the ability to target buildings, there is finally an official ‘Mini Tank’ in the game. These two aspects give it the unique ability to kite units reliably for only 2 elixir. With correct placement, the Ice Golem is fabulous as dismantling pushes and separating units. It’s large HP pool also makes it excellent at damage mitigation and prevention. Below, I will show several GIF examples of possible uses for Ice Golem, but believe me, they do not stop here.
Optimal Placements of Ice Golem
- The square closest to the river should be used for kiting troops behind tanks.
- The square towards the middle of the map should be the placement for kiting troops not behind tanks.
Ordered by Increasing Complexity
- Elixir Collector Defense: While not an ideal counter for Miner, the Ice Golem provides enough of an HP pool to prevent the Miner from dealing any damage to an Elixir Collector. An important part of this is the positioning of the Ice Golem. It is better if it is placed so the Miner pops up in front of it so the Ice Golem pushes it as it walks away.
- Musketeer + Ice Spirit Defense: It is common to toss an Ice Spirit in front of a Musketeer in order to cycle your deck. This push can deal serious damage if not dealt with correctly. An Ice Spirit is rendered useless in this situation, and the Ice Golem provides a much more reliable counter.
- Barbarian Defense: Timing and placement are crucial for this technique. The Ice Golem needs to be planted 4 tiles from the river and 1 tile into the opposite lane in order to pull 3 of the Barbarians.
- Prince Defense: This technique is extremely hard to pull off and negate all damage. Due to the AI of the Prince, the path it took (down into range of both towers after it killed the Ice Golem) is not a regular occurrence. For a more consistent counter, adding an Ice Spirit, Skeletons, or any other distraction units is a safe way to negate all tower damage. This also works with: Lumberjack, Mini P.E.K.K.A., Knight, Valkyrie, and Dark Prince, but I included the GIF for Prince because it is the hardest to do.
- Lava Pups Defense: Lava Pups can be a tricky troop to deal with if your deck is light on AOE spells or Air Defense. The Ice Golem provides a meat shield for your tower, saving your tower health and preventing you from dropping a more costly troop like a Valkyrie or Giant. A big key is dropping it as late as possible so the Pups closest to the tower do not target the tower instead.
- Giant Skeleton Retargeting: This strategy works with any troop. The Ice Golem shifts the position of the unit, forcing it to retarget. If used correctly, it can save thousands of damage from your tower by retargeting big threats off of your tower.
- Double Prince Defense: An Ice Golem combined with any ranged troop can completely negate damage from a Double Prince Push. If you add an Ice Spirit in, you can negate all damage onto your troops to set you up for a better counter attack.
- Giant Mega Minion Defense: This push has gained popularity due to the difficulty of targeting a Mega Minion directly over a Giant. The Ice Golem solves this problem by drawing the Mega Minion into the other lane, leaving high DPS troops free from harm to melt the Giant. The key is in the placement of the Ice Golem. It needs to be placed directly at the river to draw the Mega Minion away from the Giant as soon as possible. The earlier you draw away the Mega Minion, the sooner you can place down your Mini P.E.K.K.A.
- Lava Hound Mega Minion Defense: An experienced Lava Hound player will play the Mega Minion on the border of the map to prevent it from being lured. This can be countered by using the Skeletons to draw the Mega Minion close enough to your Ice Golem to kite it into the other lane. It is key to place Ice Golem as late as possible so the Mega Minion locks on before it walks away.
- Giant + Musketeer + Mini P.E.K.K.A: This is just an example of using the Ice Golem to buy time. It stalls the Musketeer and Mini P.E.K.K.A. as well as giving the Valkyrie extra time to take out the support by absorbing shots from the opposing troops.
- Giant + Prince + Mega Minion: This is a perfect example of how to dissect an opponents push. The crucial timing in this example is not dropping the Mini P.E.K.K.A too early, otherwise the Mega Minion and Prince will ignore the Ice Golem. The spacing of the defending troops also takes away the opportunity for a valuable Poison.
Thank you for reading this post, I hope you found something useful within this post and I hope it inspires you to use Ice Golem. I have received outstanding support on my GIF guides and I have had people ask if I was planning to make YouTube videos. If this is something you would like to see, please let me know. As for anything else, Questions, Comments, and Criticism are all welcome below.Other Clash Royale Articles
Clash Royale Ice Golem Advanced Techniques and Combos
Clash Royale Giant Bowler Decks and Counters Guide
Clash Royale Lava Hound Ultimate Guide
Clash Royale How to Use Every Legendary Guide
Clash Royale Mega Minion Guide
Clash Royale Inferno Dragon Guide
Clash Royale Sparky Elixir Management Guide
Clash Royale Ice Spirit Strategy Guide
Clash Royale All Tank Units Guide
Clash Royale Log Spell Guide
Clash Royale Using Each Card on Defense Guide
Clash Royale Sparky Troop Countering Strategies Guide
Clash Royale Global No. 1 Deck Guide
Clash Royale Ice Spirit Guide
Clash Royale Terminology List
Clash Royale Hidden Card Stats List
Clash Royale Slot Method Deck Building Guide
Clash Royale Identify Opponent’s Deck From Opening Move
Clash Royale Lava Hound Tips
Clash Royale Tournament Mode Rewards Analysis
Clash Royale Tournament Chest Payouts List
Clash Royale Sparky Analysis and Guide
Clash Royale Sparky Comprehensive Guide
Clash Royale Reading Your Opponent Guide
Clash Royale Legendary Tips for F2P Players
Clash Royale Furnace Swarm Legendary Deck
Clash Royale Princess Tactics and Tips
Clash Royale Four Factors To Reaching Legend
Clash Royale Balloon Strategy Guide
Clash Royale Giant Musketeer Mini Pekka Legendary F2P Deck
Clash Royale Tips For Legendary Arena Tryhards
Clash Royale Managing Your Resources Guide
Clash Royale Card Upgrade Costs List
Clash Royale Card Levels And Important Upgrades Analysis
Clash Royale Hog Valkyrie Musketeer Trifecta Legendary Deck
Clash Royale Legendary Arena Meta Decks
Clash Royale Lava Hound Control Deck Legendary Guide
Clash Royale All Cards Strategy Guide
Clash Royale Target Separation Technique Guide
Clash Royale Giant Skeleton Strategy Guide
Clash Royale Sparky Guide
Clash Royale Entering Legendary Arena Guide
Clash Royale Fire Spirits Guide
Clash Royale Tombstone Uses Guide
Clash Royale Legendary Arena Most Effective Decks
Clash Royale Tips For Hitting Legendary
Clash Royale Deck Building Template And Guide
Clash Royale Best Counters For Every Card
Clash Royale Countering Royal Giant Decks
Clash Royale Countering Hog Rider and Freeze Decks
Clash Royale Time and Elixir Management Guide
Clash Royale Tips For Reaching Legendary Arena
Clash Royale Giant Skeleton Usage Guide
Clash Royale Countering 3 Musketeers Tips
Clash Royale Hog, Freeze and Valkyrie Deck Guide
Clash Royale Useful Gameplay Tips
Clash Royale Lava Hound Uses and Counters Guide
Clash Royale Countering The Popular Decks
Clash Royale Climbing Trophies Guide
Clash Royale Countering Royal Giant Guide
Clash Royale Shop Card Prices Detailed List And Analysis
Clash Royale F2P 2500 Trophies Hog Zap Deck With No Epics
Clash Royale Legendary Hog Beatdown Deck
Clash Royale Card Collection Principles
Clash Royale Dealing With Stress And Tilt Guide
Clash Royale Deck Building Guidelines With Any Cards
Clash Royale Meta Analysis In Each Arena Level
Clash Royale Helsinki Tournament Champion’s Deck And Replays
Clash Royale 3000 Trophies Arena 5 Deck
Clash Royale Hits To Kill For Tournament Cap
Clash Royale Card Tier List
Clash Royale Beginner’s Battling Tips and Guide
Clash Royale Card Counters List
Clash Royale Tips and Strategy
Clash Royale Basic Tips
Clash Royale Hog and Freeze Arena 8 Deck
Clash Royale Deck Archetypes and Counters Guide
Clash Royale Deck Building Guide
Clash Royale Control Witch F2P Deck Guide
Clash Royale Chest Drop Cycle Guide
Clash Royale Spending Your Gems Guide
Clash Royale Free Player Success Guide
Clash Royale Deck Types Metagame Guide
Clash Royale Basic Strategy and Playing Smart
Clash Royale Plays and Counter Plays for Every Card
Clash Royale Chests and Arena Levels FAQ
Clash Royale Elixir Advantage Guide