World of Warships Battleship Tips by American_Admiralty
First thing first…Battleships ARE NOT heavy tanks. Get that thought out of your head before you continue to read this. Is that thought out of your head yet? Good. Let’s begin shall we.
The Do’s and Don’t’s of the Battleship Class!
1) DO use your excellent firepower to directly (Key Word: DIRECTLY) engage and cripple enemy capitol ships and heavily armored targets. This goes for all battleships even if your battleship is on the lower end of the tier scale in a random battle. However, if you are a top tier battleship, you have the superior armor and firepower so it is up to you to lead your team’s main force and engage the enemy directly. Don’t be a chicken and wait for lower tier battleships to take the lead. Be in the front of your team’s main force and push the enemy. Be the one who gets the first shot off and catch the enemy off guard. Just make sure your team is giving you support and are moving other friendly battleships and heavy/battle cruisers to also directly engage the enemy.
2) DON’T be a flanking force as you are way too slow (even if you are a fast battleship) and your powerful guns would have a far greater use crippling the enemy’s main force.
3) DO use your excellent gun range to engage enemy ships from long range if you are a lower tier battleship. Just because you are lower tier doesn’t mean you still can’t engage the enemy’s capitol ships and main force. You still most likely have more powerful guns than most of the ships on your team (talking about the destroyers and cruisers) so put them to work. You can even use your range to fire on enemy flanking ships if necessary while still being part of the your team’s main force.
4) DON’T camp at the back of the map with friendly aircraft carriers. Just because you have range doesn’t mean you are designed to stay back and not take hits. If you stay back, it’s your lightly armored destroyers and light cruisers taking the hits. Yes there are some heavy cruisers up there with the destroyers and light cruisers too, but they too only have decent armor. In other words, heavy cruisers will also eventually get crushed after the enemy battleships finish snacking on your team’ lightly armored destroyers and light cruisers. Make sure your battleship is near the front bouncing shots from other enemy ships with your superior armor or at least above average armor if you are a battleship at the lower end of the tier scale in a random battle.
5) DO have friendly support with you in the form of another battleship (2 would be better/more preferable) or a screen of destroyers and cruisers. An isolated and lonely battleships can easily be sunk with a wolf pack of the same tier (Key Words: SAME TIER) heavy and light cruisers. Now for wolf packs of light and heavy cruisers that are on the lower end if the tier scale in the random battle your battleship is in (and you are top tier). Lower tier heavy and light cruisers may not have powerful enough guns if to penetrate and do buoyancy damage to if you are you are a top tier battleship with tons of armor. However, don’t ignore them either because cruisers (typically light but heavy can also have some) still have a very good possibility of having torpedoes as part of their main armament; and we all know what will happen to a battleship if a wolf pack of cruisers all fires a spread of torpedoes at a battleship.
6) DON’T go chasing after enemy destroyers and cruisers. There are two reasons for this. One, leave the enemy destroyers and cruisers to be dealt with your team’s own destroyers and cruisers (and maybe even some of the battleships on the lower end of the tier scale of the random battle you are in). Your powerful guns should be directed and fired upon the enemy’s much more heavily armored targets and capitol ships. Two, destroyers and cruisers will easily outrun a battleship so just use your the extremely long range of your battleship guns to engage enemy destroyers and cruisers if they are the last enemy ships alive.
7) DO focus fire with other friendly battleships. By doing so, enemy capitol ships and heavily armored targets will be easily crippled and destroyed in a matter of a few salvoes; and eliminating enemy ships one at a time every few salvoes is surprisingly effective. This is because every time you remove an enemy capitol ship from the game, you remove quite a big chunk of enemy firepower. And when you keep removing big chucks of enemy firepower and armor every few salvoes, you remove a tremendous amount of enemy firepower in a short-medium amount of time.
8) DON’T just tunnel vision on firing your main guns. Keep in mind your AA protection abilities and stay near the AA protection of other ships to maximize the effect of your team’s/fleet’s AA abilities. Dive-bombers and torpedo-bombers are serious threats to any ship so make sure to protect your own battleship and your team’s carrier(s), if nearby, from the deadly attacks of dive-bombers and torpedo-bombers.
9) DO launch scout planes to gain some early vision on what’s ahead of your battleship. Having the position of enemy ships is valuable information to your team/fleet since your team can position themselves and launch an attack or counter-attack on the enemy’s main fleet effectively.
10) DON’T just yolo it since you are in a battleship. Just because you have armor and firepower doesn’t mean you are indestructible. Plan out your attacks and work with your team to successful out think the enemy and win the battle through positioning and strategy.
And that is all I can think of for Battleships at the moment. Feel free to add on to this list in the comments…and if it makes sense, I will edit my post and add yours onto the list.
World of Warships Commander Skills Guide
World of Warships Battleships Guide
World of Warships AP Aiming Guide
World of Warships Enabling Replays Guide
World of Warships Atlanta Review & Guide
World of Warships Gremyashchy Review & Guide
World of Warships Warspite Review & Guide
World of Warships Mikhail Kutuzov Review & Guide
World of Warships Anshan Review & Guide
World of Warships Tirpitz Review & Guide
World of Warships Atago Review & Guide
World of Warships Using Mods Guide
World of Warships Ranked Ship Tier List
World of Warships German Cruisers Guide
World of Warships Getting Better Guide
World of Warships Ranked Battle Tips
World of Warships Fubuki Tips
World of Warships Japanese Carrier Tips
World of Warships Destroyer Tips and Tricks
World of Warships Russian Destroyers Review
World of Warships Fighters Mechanics Guide
World of Warships Game Settings Tips
World of Warships New Player’s Tips
World of Warships USN and IJN Battleships Overview
World of Warships Destroyer Newbie Guide
World of Warships Torpedo Reaction Times List
World of Warships Spotting Mechanics Guide
World of Warships Immunity Zone Explanation
World of Warships Match Maker Information
World of Warships Damage Mechanics Guide
World of Warships Carrier Detailed Guide
World of Warships General Information and Guide
World of Warships Beginner’s Guide
World of Warships Carriers Guide
World of Warships Anti-Aircraft Mechanics Guide
World of Warships Destroyer Detailed Guide
World of Warships Carrier Tips
World of Warships Destroyer Tips
World of Warships Cruiser Tips
World of Warships Battleship Tips
World of Warships Gameplay General Guide
World of Warships Dodging Torpedoes Guide
World of Warships Basic Tips