Witcher 3 Best Weapons Locations Guide by LiftingNerdBro
Early Game – Serpentine Steel & Silver Swords
- First of all you need to be in the White Orchard zone.
- Go to the ransacked village and look for the tallest building (looks like a fort) and then climb up there.
- Inside the fort you will find the Serpentine’s steel sword diagram and a book that starts the quest: Scavenger Hunt – Viper School Gear.
- Now follow the quest directions of that quest. This will take you to a catacomb.
- Go inside the Catacomb, loot the corpse and get out. You now have both diagrams for the swords.
- The last step is to craft these swords. To do that go to any blacksmith (I went to the Nilfgaardian camp) and have the swords forged. If you need emerald dust, you may need to kill some more Wraiths. Alternatively they can be bought from the vendor for 500 orens.
Level 8+ Griffin’s Armour & Weapon Set
- First of all you need to be in Velen.
- Go to the Hindhold (refer to the video if you are unsure about the locations), ascend the tower and loot the corpse for your first Steel sword diagram. This will start the quest to obtain the remaining gear set.
- After that go to Dragonslayer’s Grotto. Descend into the tunnels beneath the mountain, explore the area and find the 4 diagrams for the gauntlets, trousers, boots and the chest armor.
- Now go to Lornruk. Kill the Wyvern. Slide down the mountain to the right of the bridge, locate the place of power, dive into the water right below and enter the cavern that leads you into the lighthouse. After that ascend the lighthouse until you are able to go outside. To your left there is a ladder. Climb it and loot the chest right in front of you. This chest contains the last diagram, the one for the silver sword.
- Travel to Oxenfurt and craft your gear set at the armour and weapon smith.
Note: To get monster eyes kill Ghols, Nekkers and Drowners. To get purified monster tissue, you can disassemble monster feathers, specter dust and so on.
Level 9+ Maugrim Silver Sword & The Tracker’s gear set
In this guide I will show you how to get the Trackers Gauntlets, Trousers, boots and the sweet 3 socketed Maugrim Silver sword. These diagrams and the sword are all “secret” loot and you have break a few walls and look in every corner to find them. I will show you these places in the video.
The tracker gear is suited for level 9 and above, while the sword has a level requirement of only 5. Which means if you obtain this at level 5 it is going to be beastly!
- The quest that starts it all is called Wandering In The Dark. I suggest doing this quest early on when you get to Velen. Not only are the monsters fairly low level, but besides the items I show you in this video there are many other good items to be gained from completing that quest.
- All of the ingredients for the trackers gear are easy to obtain. I had it all even before I got the diagrams.
- All content in this video has been recorded after I completed the quest. For that reason there will be nothing that spoils fights, cut scenes, dialogues and so on. The only thing that gets spoiled is the area shown.
I wish I could give you guys who don’t want to watch directions and screenshots instead of where you need to be to locate the gear, however since most of this quest takes places inside a cavern, screenshots won’t be accurate
Witcher 3 Graphics Options Performance Guide
Witcher 3 Alchemy Guide
Witcher 3 Inventory Management Guide
Witcher 3 Tips and Tricks
Witcher 3 Combat and Gameplay Tips