Boom Beach Farming Guide by Woolybugger
Greetings everyone, this is FarmerBob (aka Woolybugger). Many people have sent me PMs asking how to play the farming style. After responding to many requests, I’ve decided it’s just easier compile it all in one place instead.
Before I go any further, I just want to reiterate that SC has created in Boom Beach an extremely rich and complex game which supports many different viable play-styles. Some can play all-offense with red and purple statues, booming every base in sight. A few can quietly farm away and be impervious to all attacks. Still others play a mix of each style. Many strategies are playable and afford a viable path to advancement (with proper planning of course). There is no single “best” style because everyone has different personalities, time constraints, and want different things out of the game. So keep an open mind, see if you can incorporate some of these ideas to help your game, perhaps even temporarily.
The three golden rules of farming:
- I shall maximize all production sources
- I shall supplement my income by raiding VP-neutral bases
- I shall never be raided
Golden rule #1: maximize all production sources
- Get sawmill, quarry and iron mine maxed for your HQ level.
- Capture and hold the max number of resource bases possible.
- Make one or more gold/wood/stone/iron MPs. Up to you which one, and don’t have to make every single one of them.
- Make a Resource Production Masterpiece statue and boost it 24×7. It increases every resource and also has a compounding effect when combined with other green statues.
- Maxing production and boosting all green MPs will yield over 1.4mil wood/stone/iron per day.
- No need to make green guardians. Production is important but statue slots are better utilized on other statues.
- Upgrade your sub and constantly dive for resources.
- Supplement the shortfall in a particular resource by diving, resource reward boat, op reward boat.
- Make a Building Health and Defensive Building Damage MP because it will boost resource base defense.
- Max your vault to keep all resources safe.
Golden rule #2: supplement by raiding VP-neutral bases
- Only raid npcs and Dr.T. because you do not want to gain VPs.
- Make a Troop Health and a Troop Damage MP to help your attacks.
- Make a Resource Reward MP to increase the loot gained
- Other statues like GBE, PSC are very useful but not as critical as the ones above.
- Farming doesn’t mean neglecting offense completely. Being able to attack npcs and Dr.T is crucial to supplementing production loot.
- Boost your reds and purples when attacking Dr.T. You want to get as far as possible because it is a good source of loot, and not a single VP!
Golden rule #3: never be raided
- What’s the point of golden rules 1 and 2 if you lose everything you’ve accumulated?
- If you’re raided, it means your defense is inadequate for the opponents you’re facing. Two solutions: lower VP and upgrade defense.
- Upgrading defense consists of leveling up and also studying good base designs.
- You should also have 2 ice MPs, but no need to go overboard with ice guardians.
- Lowering VP requires beaching your HQ. Do it when your resources are mostly/completely protected by your vault so you lose minimum. Best time to do it is during Dr.T day when everyone is out raiding.
- You know you’re reached the optimum VP when you’re no longer raided for approx. 1 week. This means all your opponents cannot defeat your defenses and you can hold all your resources safely. At this point, you don’t have to improve your defenses anymore. Why? Because no one is able to raid you with your existing defenses. Thus, you can devote all your resources to offense, production, or whatever you please.
- Occasionally an npc base will give you 2 VPs, making your VP creep up. No problem, plan a big upgrade to deplete all resources then beach your HQ. In fact, you can beach your HQ whenever you are low on resources, just to have a larger margin.
- Max your HQ so it is harder to take down. It also opens up new defenses which you should deploy immediately and raise it to a decent level (unless your defense is already awesome enough).
Minimal playing time required, 30m-1hr/day.
The game does the work for you: it produces resources and you just sweep it into your storages every day. Set it and forget it.
No worries about logging out at anytime.
You sleep tight every night knowing you keep what you make.
Slow and steady. As someone said, playing BB is like reading a good book – savor it slowly.
Limited attacking means you don’t earn that much intel, around 20-30/wk.
Also means not as skilled attacker.
Since you never get attacked or raided, you don’t earn any diamonds and intel from defending.
High-level active TFs don’t want you because they only want red statues and your intel is low.
Slower progression compared to all-offense raider style.
Low spawn rate of 1% because of huge number of pvps.
What troops do you suggest?
To be consistent with the “minimal playing time” theme, I use TMeds because they are hardy and I rarely incur any losses during my raids, therefore no rebuild time. I get all my BB done in 30mins twice a day.
Required MPs: blue BH, blue DBD, green RP, red TH, red TD, purple RR, purple GBE
The rest depends on what facet you want to emphasize. I added purple PSC, green Wood, green stone.
Do you ever attack pvps?
Rarely. On my fully-uncovered map, I have 38 pvps with 1% spawn rate. I am very sensitive to the complaints about being rolled by high-lvl players, so I just don’t attack. I’ve only attacked once or twice in the past month and only to cover a last bit of resource shortfall that I did not want to spend diamonds for. Besides, farmers always play nice: leave us alone and we’ll leave you alone.
Boom Beach is all about booming, aren’t you missing the point?
SC designed the game with production-rich buildings and green MPs, so why not play them? Also given us a huge variety of defenses and blue MPs, so why not play them too? Put them together for a viable farming strategy. Their recent updates have been steering the game towards more “balanced” play, emphasizing defense and ice. We also know they frowned on the guy who got to the top with only 1 sniper tower. All-out booming is not the only way to play. It makes good business sense to support many different play-styles which increases the appeal and player base. (This is just my 2cents as I don’t speak for SC.)
Would anyone want you in a TF?
I am in a 5-man TF which clears Charleston/Ticker Tape 3 times/wk and gives me 1.3mil gold/350k iron every time. They are laid back and not obsessed about rankings. There’s a place for everyone in the BB universe.
What are your stats from playing this style?
Maxed: hq, vault, radar, sub, armory, sculptor, production
Upgrading: defenses, lcs, troops
Will you want to make a run for the leaderboard?
Never never ever! Farmers are quiet by nature.
Boom Beach Base Design Guide
Boom Beach Base Development Guide
Boom Beach Grenadier Guide
Boom Beach Scorchers and Tanks Guide