Summoners War Light Sylph Hall of Heroes Guide by Exowneon
Update 3/6 1:30pm PST: Auto team completed. Farmed 5 times no fail rate yet. Stage info updated. Overall easier than I thought. Pictures uploaded. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!
Intro and basics
Looks like Com2Us just want us to have great light and wind monsters. Everyone is excited about skilling up their sylph as well as getting the light sylph since he’s great for CC, but we must prepare for an insanely hard HOH for those of us who doesn’t have forms of immunity because all the sylphs has good aoe CC and dot. For those who has Chloe/Fedora/Vej etc, this HOH would be an easier one because the Sylph’s skill damage scaling is weaker compared to other HOH and they don’t have good passive outside their primary attack, which rely on critting and can be prevented by crit reduction and invincibility. The good news about this HOH is other than Water/Wind Sylphid, other sylphs has a weaker single target burst damage, and even water/wind sylphid would most likely use cyclone which does less damage in skill damage scaling so, CC is all you need to deal with.
If you are new to HOHs, you should know there are three difficulties:
- B1 – Easiest, has only Light Sylph as boss, has Wind and Dark Sylphid for mini boss on 3rd stage. and gives you 0-1 piece (Aveg is 0.5 if I can recall. Dont have support data on this. Great if you can provide one). You will need alot of energy and farming to even get one unit. Make sure you have the whole weekend for this if you can’t seem to clinch B2.
- B2 – Has Light Sylph plus one of the Sylphs (Fire Sylph in this case) in a two boss stage. Gives you 1-3 pieces (Aveg is 1.5 If I can recall). You’re guarentee to have one with around half a day of farming and you can get up to 4-5 units in the weekend. If you cannot do B3, make a team to speed farm B2.
- B3 – Light Sylph as main boss plus two sylphs, in this case water and dark. Gives you 2-4 pieces (Aveg 2.5 if I can recall). This is where you can farm 10+ units if you are farming all weekend. However if your team is not ready, it takes longer than B2 because mobs have good stats and you are forced into a more defensive team. You may end up having to farm B2 for more pieces if B3 takes forever for you.
This guide will be updated throughout the event. I’ll try my best to answer your questions in time but it would take sometime TBH due to the amount of messages I get. Sorry about the typo in the title, can’t change it anymore now.
About Light Sylph
Once considered a weaker sylphs solely due to leader skill and because all other sylphs are so good and he’s over shadowed by Tyron, but he actually has a solid place on his own. With two AOE and a built in stun, he’s a great candidate for Despair as well as Rage/Blade, especially since he’s a light monster and has no elemental disadvantage when you need his CC. He can also be a fine DD dungeon leader if you don’t have any other speed leader options like fire vampire etc.
- Stage 1 – 5 unawaken sylph of each type. This should not give you any problem since the unawaken version dots doesn’t do much damage.
- Stage 2 – 2 Fire and 2 Light sylphs unawaken. They don’t do much damage to me, you shouldn’t have trouble here.
- Stage 3 – Mini boss with two Sylphids. More on this in the section below.
- Stage 4 – One of the tougher stage with 5 awaken sylphs of each type and tons of AOEs. Not as bursty as the previous HOHs, but can give inconsistency if your healers keep getting CC after CC, especially if sleep lands correctly. If you manual, focus on Dark or Water Sylph, depend on your element type.
- Stage 5 – Awaken Water, Dark, Wind Sylph. If your water DD or CC isn’t tanky enough this stage might be troublesome, but it was easy for me to tank overall.
- Boss stage – more on this i nthe session below.
- Fire Sylph (Baretta) – Resets ATB on wind monsters and 2 dots of 3 turns each on everyone reducing everyone’s HP by 30% by the end of 3 turns. If your team cannot sustain the dot, make sure you bring some cleanse.
- Water Sylph (Tyron) – One of the most OP unit in the game turns out to be just ok here unless he gets lucky. The damage output is pretty low but the freeze is annoying. The boss Tyron on B3 is annoying to deal with, so if you bring anything fire, make sure they can tank a hit or two.
- Wind Sylph (Shimitae) – If Tyron isn’t getting lucky, then Shimitae is the unit with the most burst in the squad, so make sure your water unit is at least a bit tankier. He’s not a side boss in this HOH tho, so you don’t have to worry about him so much.
- Dark Sylph (Ashcubel) – He’s normally a huge problem but in this team com his CC shouldn’t be a big problem since other sylphs will wake you up. He will reset the ATB of your light unit and most likely it would be your healer so be careful especially when you’re facing him in the boss stage.
- Light Sylph (Ereda) – Solid stun and like Tyron he should be taken out asap if you run a speed team with no form of immunity. Other than that he shouldn’t be a primary target.
- A list of autoable teams here:http://www.reddit.com/r/summonerswar/comments/2y3tej/post_your_hoh_b3_auto_team_here/
- In general a resist heavy tanky team is most recommended for this HOH. Unlike other HOH, this HOH is less burst heavy so bringing a tanky resist team might be better than a speed team. But if you have good runes, speed team with a good cleanse could also be utilized and can make clearing much faster. An immunity support is highly recommended.
- Dungeon Leader – HP leader is better across the board. Resist and speed leaders are good too. ATK and Accuracy leaders you should avoid. A few examples: Sigma can be a great leader for this HOH if you rune him tanky enough to tank a hit or 2 from Shimi. He can do a great amount of damage to bosses as always. Acasis is a great leader for a wind heavy team. Verd in his current form is great for this HOH, and it’s ok even if he dies from Tyron. Other HP/resist/speed leaders are all good to go. If you’re planning to use Dark Ifrit, you should still get a dispel unit on the side because he only dispel debuffs, but not stun, freeze and sleep. He’s a great leader for this HOH tho, since he has HP leader skill, a stun, and can tank the boss if you have enough HP, he can also heal himself by removing glancing debuff from other units.
- Healer – If you bring Ahman, you will need to make sure you have cleansing on him or high resist. If your team is squishy and has to bring Ahman without any cleanse/immunity, then you should be careful. He will def have a hard time here since 3 out of 5 sylphs has cyclone which puts glancing on him and his healing will be lessen if you don’t have any immunity/cleanse support. Plus he will be hit by Dark Sylph’s ATB reset. When he glance, he does not heal and you may find the missing heal critical in situations especially thank to other CCs going on. On the other hand, Ariel seems to be great for this HOH since there’s no healing disruption and his biggest AOE heal can last through CCs. The combination of Bella and Acasis could be the next best for this HOH but they may have ATB reset due to Baretta and Ashcubel. Lulu and Rakaja can be helpful if you don’t have any better 3 star + healers. Kona could be helpful if you don’t have any 3 star+ cleanser/immunity support.
- Support – Immunity/Cleansing units are important for auto if you’re looking for a 100% success rate. It is more important than CC and DD for this HOH. Feodra and Chloe are perfect because they can also tank the burst units (Tyron / Shimitae) but any form of immunity/Cleanse like Delphoni, Lulu and Kona can be great. Darion/Dais/Other team helpers can help keep your team alive for the heal up due to all the AOEs but immunity is more important. Edit: I did miss Crit Chance Reduction being a great support for this HOH, partly because my team is very tanky and I’m not thinking about damage much. if you have problem surviving, then Acasis, Light Harpy and other units with crit chance reduction can greatly reduce the damage of ALL sylphs because it prevents them from procing the crit buff. Thanks Cognosci for pointing it out. Kona could be the most helpful farmable unit if you don’t have any 3 star+ cleanser/immunity support.
- CC – CC is less desired but can replace the immunity support if you don’t have any or replace your DD if you still struggle with survival even with other supports. They would be great except you can auto with them due to inconsistency. If you manual, CC order depends on your team com, but mainly Tyron -> Ereda -> Barretta -> Ashcubel -> Shimitae. Make sure they’re tanky enough since you may need to endure not only one but 2-3 rounds of blasts if they fires CC correctly or reduces your healer’s ATB. Aira/Sylph Glancing can also help against them as if their skills miss they will not be able to CC/Dot you.
- DD – Lastly if you have great runes and can survive B3 you may want to consider swapping one of the above with a DD. In theory your DD needs to be tanky enough since this HOH has alot of AOEs. Water/Fire DD might need to be extra tanky. Dark DD is not recommended at all.
- Elemental advantage – Turns out Water units are best for this HOH. As long as they can tank Shimi at normal stages, they will be fine on miniboss/boss stages. Water/Wind/Light is most recommended. Light, Wind and Dark units have to have extra tankiness so the best DD/CC unit could be Water ones. Fire units are not recommended unless they have great support features like Verd and Chloe and also need a good amount of HP to survive through CCs. BTW, if you bring Verd, just make him tanky. His passive is not currently working anyway as of 1.50.
- My team – I’m using Verd (20k), Briand (25k), Acasis (25k), Ahman (30k), Darion (35k). The clean time is around 8min. My Acasis and Darion are not even at max level yet (35 and 39). I initially used Bella instead of Ahman but now I slap a resist rune on my Ahman and he’s just better as he would make boss fights much easier. Kona can replace Acasis, but will make the run much slower with no dot.
- Team 1: http://imgur.com/9U5WFRf
- Team 2: http://imgur.com/WctFp3a
- B1 – Wind Sylphid + Dark Sylphid – This is very hard for starters trying to farm B1. If you have decent monsters you can just muscle through it, but otherwise the burst from Dark Sylphid might be a problem. If you a reliable CC , you can CC Wind Sylphid first and kill Dark Sylphid ASAP. If you don’t, then do the opposite.
- B2 – Wind Sylphid + Light Sylphid – These two stallers should be ok if you run a sustain team. If you cannot auto through this or it takes forever, try to semi auto and have your team focus on one first by clicking on it. I would focus on Light Sylphid first since I have disheal from Fedora and he will glance on Acasis. If you have to manual this, try to keep one chain CCed. Buff removal unit could be great for this mini boss stage.
- B3 – Dark Sylphid + Light Sylphid – Wow the nightmare from Sylphid HOH is back. Her 3rd does 35k damage and they may both already put dots on your units so it’s likely to be more. A few solutions here: 1. Use light units with 35k+ HP with Darion and Darion himself needs to be 38k+ to be safe or you have to manual at the end of stage 2 to make sure your shield CDs are up, secure your units with it, and then kill the Dark Sylphid and go back to auto… so much work. I’m running Briand so this stage might be fine for me. If you cannot tank Dark Sylphid, focus on her first. If you can, then do the opposite if you feel safe.
- B1 – Light Sylph – Since he’s the only boss here, just focus him down if you are able to sustain. If you have trouble with his stun proc, this is where your cleanser comes in. Very straight forward fight. If you are just starting out and have trouble here, you can try to get more resistance on your healer to prevent him from being stunned. It would make the fight a bit easier.
- B2 – Light Sylph + Fire Sylph – A bit hard if you’re running a wind heavy team. Dot do the same damage as the previous stages, but you are going to take a good amount of AOE damage plus single target burst from Baretta. If you don’t have solid immunity, make sure you top your units as you may have your cleanser/healer stunned. Unless you’re running a wind team, my priority suggestion would be CC Ereda and kill Baretta asap. Without Baretta’s DPS, Ereda’s damage should be manageable. Do the opposite if you’re running a wind team – CC Baretta with your non-wind unit (if you don’t have any reliable CC, then put attack debuff on Baretta with units like Darion, Sigma, etc) and kill Ereda asap.
- B3 – Light Sylph + Dark Sylph + Water Sylph – At this point semi autoing could be more safe if you can sustain all the previous stages. At the beginning I tried targeting Tyron first since he has more burst, but in the end I found targeting Ashcubel first to be more benefital because his sleep and ATB reset can really give your healer trouble and he can down light healers quick. Try both and see what fits you. For me I would be targeting Ashcubel first for now so my Bella can be on a safer ground.
- More tips and a list of B3 auto-able teams here:http://www.reddit.com/r/summonerswar/comments/2y3tej/post_your_hoh_b3_auto_team_here/
- And for B2, this is the post: http://www.reddit.com/r/summonerswar/comments/2y6azb/b2_auto_team_all_5/
- Want to see some fast clears? Check out YDCB’s 2.5min B3 clearing team here.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygOcVp2-jm0
I’m known for having the worst luck among all other conq3 players. I sustain conq2-3 with a team of an aveg 4(water succubus) and a bunch of 3s and I clear HOHB3/TOA Normal 100/Dragon B10 with a team of mainly 3s and a few fusion 4s. I make up the lack of good units with passion and hard work. I may not be the best in SWSA but I love the game and I love to help others who enjoy SWSA.
Please feel free to leave your own tips and ideas. Feel free to ask questions of your team vs this HOH and I will do my best to help.Other Summoners War Articles
Summoners War R5 Advanced DPS Guide
Summoners War R5 Increasing DPS Guide
Summoners War Progression and Focus Guide
Summoners War Will Shield AO Guide
Summoners War Raid In-Depth Guide
Summoners War Raid Leader Skills List
Summoners War GB10 Guide
Summoners War Speed Tuning Arena Team Guide
Summoners War Attacker Runes Guide
Summoners War Bombers Review
Summoners War Trial of Ascension Hard Guide
Summoners War Powerstones Farming Easy Guide
Summoners War FAQ and Tips
Summoners War Runes Guide
Summoners War Guild Wars Guide
Summoners War Lyrith Guide
Summoners War Atk%, CR or CD on 4th Slot Guide
Summoners War Optimal Def% and HP% Ratio Guide
Summoners War Advanced Tips
Summoners War How to Spend Crystals Guide
Summoners War Rune Maximizing Guide
Summoners War EXP Farming Guide
Summoners War Light Ninja Hall of Heroes Guide
Summoners War Dragons B10 Guide
Summoners War TOA 100 Clear Guide
Summoners War B2 HoH Guide
Summoners War Light Sylph Hall of Heroes Guide
Summoners War Damage Multipliers
Summoners War Trial of Ascension Guide
Summoners War Intermediate Guide
Summoners War Early Game Guide
Summoners War Unit Rune Chart
Summoners War New Player’s Tips
Summoners War Monster Ratings
Summoners War Giants B10 Guide
Summoners War Giant’s Keep Guide
Summoners War Mid Level Guide
Summoners War Auto B10 Giants Guide
Summoners War Midgame Progress Guide