MH4U Charm Farming Guide
MH4U Charm Farming Guide by Fira_Wolf
Hey ho fellow hunters!
Today I want to introduce you to a easy method of charm hunting!
First let me say that this
a) is not the method for the BEST charms in the game! These come from lvl 140 Guild quests!
b) needs a lot of preparation
c) will make you an addicted charm hunter.
For the Visual Guide, follow THIS link!
If you like to read text and want some additional hints, keep reading.
Let’s start with the prerequisites:
- G2 Rank
- Unlocked the G2 Quest “Mountain Rescue” (Stygian Zinogre)
- Many Dung Bombs and Pickaxes
- Much room in your equipment box
- A nice farming set. Look at my first picture.
- 5 “Treasure” Forte Palicoes.
- Special GRank Permit and 3rd Scroll quest unlocked for Felyne Hairband X
- Eat Fish + Drink for Felyne Explorer
- If Explorer didn’t activate, cycle 1 time (Do the Village 1* “Steak your ground”) and go back to step 1
- Go to the GRank Quest Counter and select “Mountain Rescue”
- Start the Quest
- FARM EVERYTHING in Secret Area and Area 3
- Farm one node in Area 5
- Zynogre should now appear in front of you. Throw a Dung bomb at him!
- Proceed to Farm Area 6+7
- Return to Area 5. Zinogre should be gone. (There is a 1/20 chance that he’s still there.. Go back to step 7)
- KILL EVERYTHING! (Ioprey)
- As soon as 8 Ioprey are dead, select “End via Subquest” in the menu
- Recommended Armor skills: Charm God!!!, Gathering God, Speed Gatherer, Spirit’s Whim
- This can be done with low rank armor.
- If you feel “unlucky” with your charms, restart the game. This will reset your seeds and might bring you better charms.
- “Charmer” is a fucking awesome skill. But please don’t use it in regular hunts.
- For the Felyne Hairband X, you have to have the Special GRank Permit and 3rd Scroll quest (Apex Seregios) unlocked. You kill Seregios, You get the Arena Quest with Apex DevilJho, you farm coins, you throw your DS on the wall, you get all the other coins, you forge the hairband.
- Beat my Arena Time! Haha!
- If your Equipment Box is too full, go and see the JUJU guy in the wind village. Meld some shitty charms and hope for something better.
- You can take a quick route over the cat area to snipe some good meownster hunter or something.
- Fuck everything about Remobras
I am not the one who came up with this idea. I also don’t know who did. It doesn’t matter in the end. I just refined it.
Oh and if you haven’t noticed yet, I’m no native speaker and I like bullet points :)