SWTOR Ravagers and Temple of Sacrifice Tips by Ih8GoldFarmers
I like lists so here’s how you run Rav or ToS if you haven’t before.
Step 1: acquiring gear
- Run lvl60 tactical Flashpoints until you have enough basic comms (to buy) / all 186 lvl gear.
- Equip new gear as you acquire it, and keep going until every slot has a lvl186 piece of gear.
- If you have enough elite or ultimate comms; buy an earpiece first, then implants
- Farm credits and purchase lvl186 relics; google: Dufly class type(Sage) role(healer) relics 3.0; find the kind you need, and head to the GTN.
Step 2: optimizing said gear
- Buy Orange (custom) equipment OR pick a set of purple gear that you LIKE the look of; Helmet, Chest, Gloves, Belt, Pants, Boots at least.
- Rip out all armor/mods/enhancements from lvl186 commendation gear you DON’T like the look of (offhand and bracers can’t be seen so just leave these alone) and put in inventory.
- Farm credits; GTN (or craft) for Augment Kit MK-10’s, you need at least 9 of them
- Equip your 186+ level implants, earpiece, bracers, and offhand (if not already equipped).
- Put the lvl186 armoring/mods/enhancements ripped out of the 186 commendation gear, and put it into the orange/purple gear you like the look of. Dont pull out old stuff unless you are saving them for some reason. You wont need them for this, and its extra credits you don’t need to spend in all likelihood.
- Attach your 9 augment kits to your: helmet, chestpiece, gloves, belt, pants, boots, offhand, mainhand weapon, and bracers. You can attach augments to earpieces, implants, and relics; but I’d honestly wait unless you are a tank, even then I would probably only aug my 192+’s. Some may disagree, but that’s my opinon. If on the fence; augment 1 implant and 1 relic; the better of each.
- Google yourself to dufly.com again and figure out what kind of augments (lvl186) that your class/spec needs. ie Sage/dps, Vanguard/tank, etc.; to fill the newly added slots.
- Farm credits, buy (or craft) purple lvl186 augments. Don’t settle for blue, or anything below level 186
- Fill augment slots
Step 3: review
- You should have 186+ armor, mods, enhancements, augments, implants, relics, and an earpiece in every slot. If you have ANYTHING that isn’t a purple 186 rating, go the the GTN to buy a replacement, craft it, pay someone to craft it, or get more commendations.
- Assuming you are wearing all 186+’s, have augments on 9 out of 14 pieces of equipment to match, and are specced correctly (dufly again); you are now “geared enough” for the 3.0 raids.
Step 4: optional prep
- If you have never raided before, or never before in this spec; do yourself a favor, run a raid. Dread Fortress (DF), Dread Palace (DP), and Scum and Villainy (SnV, or S&V) story mode would be sufficient. Youtube the fight if doing anything other than SM DPS.
- No matter who you are, I suggest running all the new Hardmode (HM) Flashpoints (FPs) at least once as well. Many will skip these steps. You have been warned. Youtube the fight if doing anything other than SM DPS.
Step 5: YouTube
- Search youtube for “Ravagers (or Temple of Sacrifice) Healing/tanking/dps guide”. Definitely run Ravagers first.
- Watch your role’s video, and I would also watch the tank video. If there’s an all-in-one, that’s great too.
- This may contain spoilers, but if you have completed the Yavin 4 Shadow of Revan story, nothing big will be spoiled; just who the bosses are.
Step 6: Bypassing the “Link chieve for invite”
- This is the easiest part, but the part everyone has trouble with. If you have the gear, and know the fights well enough for your role, you’re ready. Sure you might die, but everybody makes mistakes. If someone is going to give you a hard time, don’t sweat it, their dick probably fell off after Chernobyl.
- Type in general chat “LFM (looking for more) 8m Ravagers; pst with role (and achievement)”; I know asking for an achievement seems hypocritical, but honestly, no group needs more than 1 virgin. You can assure you did your research and you are geared, you cant assure someone else did the same, but linking an achievement lowers the odds. People get carried, sure, but it lowers the odds of your group falling apart if you ask for the achievement.
- You need 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 4 dps for both operations in 8 man. I would start with 8 man because even if you dont clear the op, you will get a better idea of what’s going on in 8 man.
- Rinse and repeat week after week until you clear Ravagers. You can now bypass other people’s achievement requirement.
- You can do the same thing for ToS, but once you clear one, people are pretty lenient about the other.
- Get parsec. If you can do a respectable number on a dummy, and see it in parsec. That provides a layer of protection for yourself. Good numbers on a dummy, good knowledge of the fights, and you started the group? Yeah no one is going to be the wiser that you haven’t been here before.
- Join a guild, start your PUG (pick up group) with a guild friend or 2. Groups that only need a few more fill up fast.
- In my opinion: Bulo, Torque, Sword Squad (Walkers), and Underlurker are the toughest. I’d spend my time learning these as completely as possible. The final boss on ToS which is the only “canon” boss, is a victory lap in story mode (as well as the boss before the last). You could probably skip learning this video, if you are trying to avoid spoilers, it’s quite simple (again, in story mode).
I hope this helps. The new operations are harder, but not “hard”, and can be cleared by anyone on story mode. I saw a lot of individuals intimidated by the “link chieve” PUG groups, and thought I would share the method I have used in several MMOs starting with WoW to sidestep that (valid) request. Some people like me don’t have time for serious guilds, but still want to clear content.
Hope this helps.Other Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) Articles
SWTOR Ravagers and Temple of Sacrifice Tips
SWTOR 60 HM Flashpoints Guide
SWTOR 55 to 60 Gearing Guide
SWTOR Gearing Guide for 3.0
SWTOR Huttball Strategy Guide
SWTOR PvP Guide
SWTOR Civil War Winning Guide
SWTOR Guardian Tanking Beginner’s Guide
SWTOR Jedi Shadow PvP Tanking Guide
SWTOR Commando General Guide
SWTOR Commando Skills Guide
SWTOR Commando Combat Medic Guide
SWTOR Useful Trooper Datacrons Guide
SWTOR Gunslinger Sharp Shooting Guide
SWTOR Scoundrel PvP Healing Guide
SWTOR Smuggler Companion Info and Tips Guide
SWTOR Marauder PvP Guide
SWTOR Jedi Sentinel Comprehensive Guide
SWTOR Sentinel PvP Guide
SWTOR Jedi Sentinel Watchmen Guide
SWTOR Sith Marauder In Depth Guide
SWTOR Juggernaut PvP, PvE, Leveling Guide
SWTOR Useful Sith Warrior Datacrons List
SWTOR Darkness Tanking Compendium Guide
SWTOR Sith Assassin Deception Detailed Guide
SWTOR Sorcerer Stats and How They Work Guide
SWTOR Sorcerer PvP DPS Guide for 1.2
SWTOR Inquisitor PvP Viable Builds for 1.2 Guide
SWTOR Inquisitor Daily Quest Affection Guide
SWTOR Operative Healing Comprehensive Guide
SWTOR Operative Leveling Guide
SWTOR Operative Healing Guide
SWTOR Mercenary Pyrotech Guide
SWTOR Useful Bounty Hunter Datacrons Guide
SWTOR Companion Details List
SWTOR Tips You Wish You Knew
SWTOR Datacron Locations List
SWTOR Healer Abilities Guide
SWTOR Formula List
SWTOR Eternity Vault SOA Guide
SWTOR Eternity Vault Infernal Council Guide
SWTOR Eternity Vault Ancient Pylons Guide
SWTOR Eternity Valut Gharj Guide
SWTOR Annihilation Droid XRR 3 Guide
SWTOR Directive 7 Flashpoint Guide
SWTOR The Esseles Flashpoint Bosses Guide
SWTOR Hammer Station Flashpoint Guide
SWTOR The Black Talon Flashpoint Bosses Guide
SWTOR Arthiss Flashpoint Bosses Guide
SWTOR Warzone Tips and Tricks Guide
SWTOR Primal Destroyer Location, Loot, Strategy Guide
SWTOR Reverse Engineering and You Guide
SWTOR Crafting Market Economy Player’s Guide
SWTOR Cybertech Crew Skill Guide
SWTOR Money Making Guide
SWTOR Black Talon Flashpoint Mako Affection BH Guide
SWTOR Pillars and Soa Hardmode Guide
SWTOR Flashpoint and Operations Location Map
SWTOR Flashpoint Hardmode Loot List
SWTOR Operation Loot Drop List
SWTOR Rare Crystal Locations Guide
SWTOR Flashpoints List (Normal and Hard Mode)
SWTOR Armor and Weapons Modding Guide
SWTOR New Level 50s Gearing Up Guide
SWTOR Legacy and Legacy Name Guide
SWTOR Speeding Up Windows 7 Guide
SWTOR Understanding Your Healer Guide
SWTOR Grouping Guide
SWTOR Sniper PvP Specs Guide
SWTOR Sniper Group PvE Beginner’s Tips
SWTOR Sniper Imperial Agent Guide
SWTOR Gunslinger PvP Tips and Tactics (Sharpshooter)
SWTOR Saboteur Gunslinger Build Guide
SWTOR Gunslinger Specs Guide (SS, Sab, DF)
SWTOR Flashpoints New Player’s Guide
SWTOR Juggernaut Versus Powertech Tanking Comparison
SWTOR Imperial Agent Healing Guide
SWTOR Can’t Get Hard Flashpoints Quests Solution
SWTOR Flashpoints Beginner’s Tips
SWTOR Heroic World Boss List and Strategy
SWTOR Black Talon Vette Affection Light Side Guide
SWTOR Badge Scoring Guide
SWTOR Resolve and Crowd Control PvP Guide
SWTOR Crew Skills Materials Guide
SWTOR Slicing Profitability Guide
SWTOR Custom Gear (Orange) Guide
SWTOR Starting Levels Beginner’s Guide
SWTOR Reverse Engineering Guide
SWTOR Space Mission Guide
SWTOR HuttBall Guide
SWTOR Companion Gift Preference Guide
SWTOR Class Primary Stats Guide
SWTOR Operative PvP Lethality Build Guide
SWTOR Engineer Sniper Build Guide
SWTOR Sniper Beginner’s Build and Advice
SWTOR Imperial Agent Beginner’s Guide
SWTOR Marksman Sniper Build Guide
SWTOR Scoundrel and Operative Healing Compendium
SWTOR Scoundrel and Operative DPS Guide
SWTOR Energy and the DPS Operative Discussion
SWTOR Scoundrel Scrapper PvP Tips
SWTOR Scoundrel Healing Guide
SWTOR Gunslinger Sharpshooter PvE Guide
SWTOR Smuggler’s Cant Secret Code Language Guide
SWTOR Smuggler FAQ
SWTOR Smuggler Basic Guide
SWTOR Mercenary Hybrid Spec Build Guide
SWTOR Mercenary Healing Guide
SWTOR Vanguard Tanking Tips
SWTOR Vanguard Level 16 Guide
SWTOR Crafting Guide
SWTOR Companions, Skill Bonuses and Gift Preferences List
SWTOR Advanced Prototype PvE DPS Guide
SWTOR Bounty Hunter Beginner’s Guide
SWTOR Vanguard DPS Ability Stats
SWTOR Sith Sorcerer Comprehensive Guide
SWTOR Sith Assassin Comprehensive Guide
SWTOR Tank Assassin Crew Skills Guide
SWTOR Sith Assassin Darkness Tank Guide
SWTOR Sith Inquisitor FAQ
SWTOR Balance Sage PvP Guide
SWTOR Crew Skills Basic Crafting Guide
SWTOR Jedi Sage Healer Ability and Comparison Guide
SWTOR Jedi Sage Comprehensive Guide
SWTOR Jedi Shadow Comprehensive Guide
SWTOR Balance Shadow Guide
SWTOR Consular Newbie Guide
SWTOR Jedi Shadow Tanking Guide
SWTOR Jedi Consular Class Information
SWTOR Immortal Defense Tanking Guide
SWTOR Sith Juggernaut Vengeance DPS Compendium
SWTOR Juggernaut Immortal Spec Build Guide
SWTOR Tanking Primer Guide
SWTOR Sith Warrior and Juggernaut Tanking Guide
SWTOR Sentinel Watchmen PvE Support Guide
SWTOR Guardian Defense Compendium
SWTOR Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight Mirror Terminology Dictionary
SWTOR Guardian Tanking Guide
SWTOR PC Performance Guide
SWTOR Newbie Guide
SWTOR Crew Skills Guide
SWTOR New Player’s Guide