Brave Frontier When to Use Damage Mitigators on Maxwell Guide by ReesePeanut
I used BF Pros’ Maxwell Counter to help COUNT, not follow it word for word. I’m not saying that the tool is wrong, but it’s moreso for people who need their training wheels when learning to ride their bike. I facerolled Maxwell on JP enough times to know what to do, and when to do it, so I feel a bit more confident in this.
When I counted, I started on turn 1 (duh), then right after all of my units finished their actions, I simply clicked next, and that’s it! If you’re unfamiliar with what Maxwell will do on turn X, then just check the counter’s guide, and see what’s gonna happen. However, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOLLOWING MY GUIDE AND USING THE COUNTER TO JUST COUNT YOUR TURNS!
So as a recap:
- Start counting on Juggie (Turn 1).
- Perform an action with all of your units.
- Click next on the counter. The turn displayed will then be Turn 2.
- If you kill Juggie on Turn 6, it will still be Turn 6 when it switches to Abaddon. The same applies for when you switch from Abaddon to Maxwell. If you kill Abaddon on Turn 4, it will still be Turn 4 when it switches to Maxwell, in which she will cast her SS buff and proceed to go ham on your squad. Keep all of this in mind!
- Rinse and repeat until victory or death.
- KEEP TRACK OF THE TURNS!!
For a reference, I used the following squad and items to beat Maxwell:
- Grah (Lord, duh) (Leader) – Providence Ring (The damage reflection is nice)
- Oulu (Anima) – Dandelga
- Lilith (Anima) – Legwand
- Lilith (Lord) – Legwand
- Tree (Anima) – Drevas
- 5* Lilly (Anima) (Friend) – Legwand
Items: 10 Cures, 5 Fujins, 4 Revives (2 Lights, 2 Dews)
That’s right, I used a 5* Lilly, since her 6* evo didn’t come out until the next day, and I was too impatient for my beloved (please don’t judge me). I also didn’t use any Sphere Frogs, because I knew it was possible to do this without them, especially with Lilly.
I ended up using all of my Revives throughout the Trial. But 2 of them were from bad RNG on Abaddon (my Oulu got focused at 50% and 30% HP, gg rip). So I went into Maxwell with most of my Cures, 2 Revives, and all my Fujins. I got pretty lucky at some spots, but following what you’re about to read (or not read) will help quite a bit.
Without further ado, here is your main dish of copy/pasta with a side of edits:
- You should use your damage mitigator’s BB on turns 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 17 and 20, as well as the 70%, 50%, 30%, and 20% HP thresholds. If you use it on any turns other than those, you may not have it ready on said turns, which may end up hurting you.
- Use this tool to determine where the HP thresholds are for Maxwell’s attacks. (Courtesy of BF Pros)
- You’ll notice that I didn’t mention some SS turns, like turns 4, 9, 13 and 16. You don’t need the damage mitigation on those turns if your units have high health, and you guard with your dark units. Of course, if you can maintain your mitigator’s BB every turn, then spam away. In my case, I wasn’t able to, so I picked the turns stated above, and it worked for me.
- Not a damage mitigator, but another important unit to correctly time their BB with is Lilly. You should be GUARDING with her on the same turns that your mitigator is using their BB on, as well as when Maxwell HAS HER IGNORE-DEFENSE BUFF ON. Keep both of those points in mind, and feel free to spam her BB/SBB or attack otherwise.
- Grah should be following the same pattern as Lilly as to when to guard and when to go ham. If Grah dies at any point in the fight against Maxwell, LEAVE HIM FOR DEAD! Try to keep him alive long enough so that Maxwell will have a punching bag to beat up on (thus me giving him the Providence Ring). Don’t waste precious Cures and Revives on him until the end when you first kill her and the SS Revive Loop begins. If you happen to have Revives leftover, I’d rez Grah, and get his BB off so your DDers can go at Maxwell. Be sure it’s on a safe turn that I mention in the Endless section below, and you should be able to beat her!
- Another thing to note is if you can time Maxwell’s Endless (20% HP) on a SS turn (preferably on turn 16), then you won’t have to deal with SS, since she’ll only cast Endless. DON’T TRY TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN THOUGH. It’s not ideal to let the fight draw out even longer and wipe via attrition. You’re better off trying to force her into casting Endless on other safe turns, such as turns 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 18, and 19. Some of those turns will require you to use a Fujin before or after so your mitigator can keep their BB on track with the required turns in the mitigator’s section of the guide. If you just so happen to run into Endless around turn 16, then consider yourself lucky. (I noticed that I was a turn away from turn 16 and Endless, so I was very, very lucky).
- This method ONLY WORKS WITH SS! If she’s supposed to cast Destiny on the same turn as Endless, she will do both, and you might get rekt.
In the end, it’s all RNG, so just hope you don’t get focused, critted, or Genesis spammed. :D
If I need to do any tweaking to this, or add anything that I think relevant, I’ll do so as we go. I hope this helps, and best of luck to all of you, my friends!Other Brave Frontier Articles
Brave Frontier Mildran Karna Masta Guide
Brave Frontier Beginner’s Guide
Brave Frontier Free Gems Checklist
Brave Frontier Elgif Dungeon Guide
Brave Frontier Ten Winged Tormentor Grand Quest Guide
Brave Frontier Raid Rare Drops Guide
Brave Frontier Units With Fast Animation Speed
Brave Frontier Palmyna Grand Quest Guide
Brave Fontier Lem EX Dungeon Guide
Brave Fontier Water Vortex Arena Squad Building Guide
Brave Frontier Karl EX Guide
Brave Frontier Frontier Gate Guide
Brave Frontier Maximizing Imp Runs with Mifune Guide
Brave Frontier Trial X3 Xie’Jing Guide
Brave Frontier Paris Grand Quest Guide
Brave Frontier Lin Grand Quest Guide
Brave Frontier Grah Grand Quest Guide
Brave Frontier Karl Grand Quest Guide
Brave Frontier Cardes in 20 Turns Guide
Brave Frontier Secret Gem Farming Guide
Brave Frontier Solo Mecha Gods & Vargas GGC with 7* Selena
Brave Frontier Trial 005 Zevalhua Guide
Brave Frontier RC4 Dreagar Guide
Brave Frontier F2P Gem Guide
Brave Frontier Newbie Guide
Brave Frontier Garnas Research Cave Guide
Brave Frontier Michelle GGC Guide
Brave Frontier The Green Threat Guide
Brave Frontier Luna Generator Guide
Brave Frontier Afla Dilith Guide
Brave Frontier Cardes Attack Patterns Guide
Brave Frontier Raid Battle Guide
Brave Frontier Trial X2 Guide
Brave Frontier Raid Boss Locations
Brave Frontier Raid Drop Guide
Brave Frontier Malice Jewel Guide
Brave Frontier Trial 1X Guide
Brave Frontier ATK/DEF Debuffers DEF Ignore Units List
Brave Frontier Trial X1 Guide
Brave Frontier Cardes Team Building F2P Guide
Brave Frontier Drop Checks and BC Guide
Brave Frontier Crit Buff Unit Guide
Brave Frontier Raid Battle Unit Role Tier List
Brave Frontier Grand Gaia Chronicles Teambuilding Guide
Brave Frontier Squad Building and Archetype Tiers Guide
Brave Frontier Beginner’s Team Building Guide
Brave Frontier Single Stat Boosting Spheres List
Brave Frontier Grah Guide
Brave Frontier Maxwell Squad Templates and Unit Roles
Brave Frontier Eze Legend Dungeon Guide
Brave Frontier Heaven Wing Blade Guide
Brave Frontier Critical Squad Guide
Brave Frontier Hidden Features Guide
Brave Frontier Brave Burst Leveling Guide
Brave Frontier Arena AI Guide
Brave Frontier Item Guide
Brave Frontier Reed Guide
Brave Frontier Frontier Hunter Advanced Team Buildling
Brave Frontier Frontier Hunter Team Building Guide
Brave Frontier Sol Generator Guide
Brave Frontier Vargas Dungeon Guide
Brave Frontier When to Use Damage Mitigators on Maxwell Guide
Brave Frontier Grand Gaia Ex Dungeons Guide
Brave Frontier Maxwell Trial Guide