FFXIV T13 Scholar Guide by jessicaredding
A Scholar’s Guide to Bahamut Prime
Rotation: Megaflare > Flatten > Earth Shaker
Megaflare: Megaflare is the primary mechanic of the fight. Scholars are key to this fight as they will prefent that majority of megaflare damage, which is enough to outright kill all non-tank party members.
- Sacred Soil the main tank and the megaflare stack point.
- Apply succor to the entire party before megaflare is cast.
- Succor the party after damage is dealt by the circle beams, but before damage is dealt by towers.
- Heal the main tank before megaflare finishes ensuring he does not die to the next flare breath.
Flatten: Flatten is the tank killing move of the first two phases of the fight. Flatten will be followed by three flare breaths, which also hit the tank for a considerable amount of damage.
- Apply an adloquium the main tank to assist the white mage in healing this mechanic. However, the white mage should be able to heal the majority of the damage.
Earth Shaker: Earth Shaker will target two random players and hit them three times in a row. Each of these hits will leave a liquid hell pool below the target.
- Land a heal after every hit.
- Make sure to top off the target after all three hits before the next Megaflare.
Phase 1 DPS:
- Open the fight with an x-potion of mind and DPS until the first flatten. Initial stoneskins will ensure the safety of the party.
- A long DPS rotation can be used between flatten and earth shaker.
- A short DPS rotation can be used between earth shaker and megaflare.
Rotation: Shadow of Meracydia > Flare Star > Flatten > Megaflare > Rage of Bahamut
Shadow of Meracydia: The shadow is a hard hitting add that will use deadly drive on the off tank.
- Make sure the tank is always above half health for the next deadly drive.
- Help heal the main tank as there is not much damage on the off tank.
Flare Star: Flare star is a move that will spawn orbs on the battlefield tethered to random players. This will happen three times per rotation. You want no one to take more than two orbs.
- No one can take more than two orbs.
- Avoid giving two orbs to bards and ninjas.
Flatten: This mechanic is dealt with the same as in phase one.
- Use the time during the flare breaths to succor the whole raid.
Megaflare: Megaflare continues from phase one. Towers are added in this phase. See phase one notes.
Rage of Bahamut: Rage of Bahamut deals 3k damage to each player for each stack of the orb debuff they have.
- Adloquium anyone with two stacks or more.
Rotation: Megaflare Dive > First Add Wave > Megaflare Dive > Second Add Wave > Megaflare Dive > Teraflare
Megaflare Dive: This ability involves Bahamut Prime and the Storm of Meracydia diving across the arena followed immediately by a megaflare.
- Succor before every megaflare dive.
- Rouse and whispering dawn before every megaflare dive.
- Sacred soil every megaflare dive EXCEPT the last one.
First Add Wave:
Rotation: Pain + Blood > 3 Gusts > 2 Sins
- Apply all dots to the pain.
- Apply all dots to the gusts and bane onto the sins.
- Apply all dots to both sins.
- Heal tanks below half health.
Second Add Wave:
Rotation: Storm > Blood > 2 Gusts > Sin > Pain
- Apply all dots to the Storm immediately then heal the first death sentence.
- Apply all dots to the sin and bane to the storm.
- Second death sentence comes when the sin dies.
- Focus heals on off tank (tanking pain) during final megaflare dive.
Teraflare: Bahamut’s ultimate ability.
- Use all fairy cooldowns, sacred soil, and succor the whole group before entering the neurolink.
Rotation: Akh Morn > Megaflare > Earth Shaker > Akh Morn > Megaflare > Earth Shaker > Gigaflare
Akh Morn: The ultimate tank killing move. Hits an additional time every time it is cast.
- Adloquium both tanks before akh morn.
- Focus heals on warrior. White mage can handle the paladin.
- Use lustrates when scared.
Megaflare: Second tower is added in this phase. Tempest Wing is added in this phase.
- See phase 1 notes.
Earth Shaker: Tempest wing is added in this phase.
- Your target must end with full health and an aldoquium or they will die to tempest wing.
- Recommendation: Adloquium > Physick > Physick > Adloquium > Lustrate
· Sacred soil, succor, and fey covenant are sufficient to save the party.Other Final Fantasy XIV Online (FFXIV) Articles
FFXIV Strength Based Tanking Guide
FFXIV Classes and Jobs Beginner’s Guide
FFXIV Heavensward Coil Guide
FFXIV Collectables Guide
FFXIV Aetherial Reduction Guide
FFXIV Airship Guide
FFXIV Catching Up To Patch 3.0 Guide
FFXIV Ravana Extreme Guide
FFXIV Astrologians Guide for Non-AST Players
FFXIV Astrologian Guide
FFXIV Machinist Guide
FFXIV Dark Knight Tips
FFXIV Preparing for Heavensward Guide
FFXIV Steps of Faith Full Guide
FFXIV Binding Coil of Bahamut Guide
FFXIV Final Coil of Bahamut Guide
FFXIV Second Coil of Bahamut Guide
FFXIV ACT and Plugin Guide
FFXIV Summoner Egis Tips and Tricks
FFXIV Triple Triad NPC Conquest Guide
FFXIV Chocobo Rank and Rating Guide
FFXIV Chocobo Stat Growth Guide
FFXIV Chocobo Breeding and Raising Guide
FFXIV Chocobo Racing Basics Guide
FFXIV Triple Triad Getting to 30 Cards Guide
FFXIV Triple Triad Guide
FFXIV Crafting Beginner’s Guide
FFXIV Master Crafter and Gatherer Guide
FFXIV World of Darkness Tips
FFXIV Battle in the Big Keep Guide
FFXIV World of Darkness Boss Guide
FFXIV Snap Aggro Guide
FFXIV T13 Scholar Guide
FFXIV ilvl 110 Guide
FFXIV Raising iLv Quickly Strategy
FFXIV Leveling and Gearing in 2.4 Guide
FFXIV Older Endgame Guide
FFXIV Improving at Warrior Guide
FFXIV Spiritbonding Advanced Guide
FFXIV Sastasha HM Karl Boss Guide
FFXIV New Level 50 Player’s Progression Guide
FFXIV Imdugud Strategy Guide
FFXIV Melds Gathering Guide
FFXIV Soot Black Chocobo in 24 Hours Guide
FFXIV Crafting Guide
FFXIV Turn 9 Tank Strategy Guide
FFXIV Frontlines Roles Guide
FFXIV Black Mage Rotation Guide
FFXIV Frontlines PvP Guide
FFXIV Game Controller Targeting Tips and Tricks
FFXIV Hullbreaker Isle Tips and Boss Guide
FFXIV Tam-Tara HM Tips and Boss Guide
FFXIV Stone Vigil HM Tips and Boss Guide
FFXIV Hullbreaker Isle Guide
FFXIV New Player’s Guide
FFXIV Getting a Static Guide
FFXIV Accuracy Caps List
FFXIV End Game Food Caps Guide
FFXIV ARR Survival Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Dzemeal Darkhold Speed Run Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Short Leveling Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Exploration Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Boting (Botany) for Gil Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Goldsmith Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Party Recruitment and Search Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Leatherworker Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Lore Compilation and Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Solo Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Food Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Goldsmith Grinding Guide
Final Fantasy XIV King Moogle Strategy Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Sidequest Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Notorious Monsters Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Enmity Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Weaponskills and Magic Combo Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Archer Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Sidequests List
Final Fantasy XIV Achievement Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Lodestone Achievement Guide
Final Fantasy XIV Stats Guide