LoL New Jungle Strategies by GohinPostale
After playing some on PBE and a bit in ranked today, this is a quick guide to what I feel are some of the strongest ways to play the new jungle. Of course, some of these things may change as the meta adjusts to the new jungle. Here I will be talking about the buffs each camp gives, their value, and possible jungle starts.
If people find this informative I will do another quick guide about Champions and Jungle items. I just need more time to test everyone out. Enjoy
Razerbeak’s Smite Buff is OP
- Gives blue side early advantage over bot lane and dragon. Smite the big minion then go looking for wards to clear around dragon mid or bottom. If none are spotted you are in the clear to gank. Be aware of enemy jungler or laners coming to protect wards. Op because of the vision control it gives you around that side of the map.
- Alternatively, Razerbeak gives Red side a late game advantage with Baron control.
- Good camp to counter jungle with Smite. Denies the enemy jungler a chance to clear wards and gives you knowledge of their wards.
- Gives level 2 from level 1.
Grump’s Smite Buff is Good for Farming
- Grump gives you a mini-magic damage thornmail. It allows you to farm the jungle with a little bit more speed. Good start lvl 1 as it gives lvl 2. See Jungle Starts below.
Wolves are kinda dumb
- Not much to say about the wolves. Smiting them gives you a little vision wolf that can spot jungle invades. Guess it would be good to smite if you’re just farming or scared of invades.
- Good to smite if your bot or top towers go down early.
Golems are also dumb
- Smiting Golems give you a Skarner-esc passive where you stun and do a bit extra damage to minions and jungle monsters.
- Not worth saving smite for these unless you’re just trying to clear as fast as possible.
Jungle Starts Most paths require you to back after second buff depending on if you’re Warwick or not.
Grump: Most Efficient. (Best for Red side)
Grump, use Smite right away > Get Grump buff then solo blue > Red Buff use Smite.
- Fastest way to level 3 while securing both buffs.
- Very efficient, essentially no Smite down time. -Red side gets the advantage of a strong leash.
- Red side can gank top without fear of a counter gank if Blue jungler also started Grump.
- Vulnerable to invades if enemy Jungler also started Grump > Blue> Your Red. Ask a laner to ward the entrance to your jungler around 1:55.
- Potential to get Blue stolen by Smite or other abilities.
- Blue side can gank bottom without fear of a counter gank if Red jungler also started Grump.
EDITED Thanks to NaughtyGaymers suggestion(Best for Blue side)
Doubles use Smite > Red > Small camp either Razerbeaks or wolves > Blue Buff use smite.
- Fast and safe way to secure both Buffs.
- Red side has the opportunity to counter jungle and gank a Blue side Grump start.
- No early buffs from other jungle camps.
Red: Smiteless (Best for Blue side) NOT TESTED
Red, save smite > Blue use smite > Wherever you’re little heart desires.
- Secures both buffs right away
- Not level 3?
- May take a lot of damage
As always invades are risky, but I’m not sure yet just how much the risk they are worth it. Because of the strength of the new jungle camps, it opens up some opportunity for counter jungling like we saw in seasons past. Some of the main counter jungling routes are still plausible, and maybe even stronger now. Such as:
- Red > Enemy Red.
- Gump > Blue > Enemy Red
Keep in mind both of these routes depend on what jungler you’re playing and what side the enemy jungle starts.Other League of Legends Articles
LoL Leaguecraft 101 Summaries
LoL How To Un-tilt Yourself Guide
LoL Vi Advanced Tips and Tricks
LoL Jungler Korea Challenger/Master Builds
LoL Marksmen Korea Challenger/Master Builds
LoL Top Lane Korea Challenger/Master Builds
LoL Support’s Guide
LoL Lane Micro Decisions Guide
LoL Jungle In-Depth Guide for Any Elo
LoL Playing Against Vlad Guide
LoL Ziggs Stop Your Team From Being Snowballed Guide
LoL Riven Combos and Animation Cancelling Guide
LoL Ranked 5s Beginner’s Guide
LoL Map Pressure and Control Guide
LoL AP Ezreal Guide
LoL How to Carry as Support
LoL Roaming as Support Guide
LoL Being A Good Shot Caller Guide
LoL Escaping Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Guide
LoL Miss Fortune In-Depth Guide
LoL Sion Matchups Guide
LoL Rammus Top Guide
LoL Udyr In-Depth Guide
LoL Improving Map Awareness Guide
LoL Graves In-Depth Guide
LoL Caitlyn In-Depth Guide
LoL Olaf Diamond Guide
LoL Yorick Guide
LoL Pro Riven Combos Guide
LoL Banner of Command Guide
LoL Wukong Solo Top Lane Guide
LoL Tryndamere Diamond II Guide
LoL Anti Heimerdinger Tips and Counters
LoL Azir Guide
League of Legends Vi Diamond Guide
LoL Vayne In-Depth Guide
LoL ADC Role Tips
LoL Trading in Lane Guide
LoL Wukong Jungle Guide
LoL Alistar Jungle Guide
LoL Jungling Fundamentals Guide
LoL Top Laner Warding Guide
LoL Zz’Rot Portal Top Lane Guide
LoL Carrying Yourself to Diamond Guide
LoL Skarner Jungle Guide
LoL Climbing SoloQ Guide
LoL Counterjungling Guide
LoL Cho’gath Jungle Guide
LoL Jungler When To Help Laners Guide
LoL Teemo Beginner’s Guide
LoL Improving in SoloQ Guide
LoL Nocturne Mechanics Guide
LoL Shaco Teamfighting Guide
LoL Zac Top Lane Guide
LoL Improving in Ranked Fives Guide
LoL Vayne Quick Guide
LoL Elixir of Ruin Tip
LoL Season 5 Jungle Guide
LoL Blitzcrank Carrying Guide
LoL Carrying with Support Guide
LoL Gnar Top Lane Guide
LoL ADC Lane Management Tips
LoL Fizz Guide
LoL Developing Mechanics Guide
LoL How to Win Guide
LoL Vi Tips and Tricks
LoL Champion Select Basic Guide
LoL Shot Calling Guide
LoL Win with a Sightstone Guide
LoL High Elo Marksman Guide
LoL Ranked and Midlane Tips
LoL Vi Jungle Guide
LoL Jarvan IV Jungle Guide
LoL Rek’Sai Jungle Guide
LoL Improving Any Champion Guide
LoL Twisted Fate Jungle Guide by Kikis
LoL Lux Support Guide
League of Legends Kikis Jungle TF Rune Page
LoL New Jungle Strategies
LoL Jungle Tier List
LoL Jungle Nautilus Guide
LoL New Jungle Guide
LoL Rune Pages Quick Guide
LoL Improving Your Skill Guide
LoL Ziggs Quick Guide
LoL Malzahar Guide
LoL Janna In-Depth Guide
LoL Soraka Health Regen Sustain Guide
LoL Singed Quick Guide
LoL Rammus Jungle Guide
LoL Bot Lane 10 Common Mistakes
LoL Soraka Diamond 1 Guide
LoL How To Play When Losing
LoL Bottom Lane Dynamics Guide
LoL AP Varus Guide
LoL Carrying as Support Guide
LoL Bot Lane Matchups Diamond Support Guide
LoL Spending Your First 18K IP Guide
LoL Ryze Tips
LoL Bronze to Gold Guide
LoL Bans Quick List
LoL Veigar Tips
LoL Ascension Mode Tips
LoL Ascension Guide
LoL Blue Ezreal Guide
LoL Top 5 AD Carries Guide
LoL Top 5 Supports Guide
LoL Gnar Top Line Tips and Tricks
LoL Jungling Beginner’s Guide
LoL Correct Approach to Bans Guide
LoL Bush Control for Supports Guide
LoL Champions Summary List
LoL Feral Jungle Yi Guide
LoL Climbing Ranked in 5v5 Teams Guide
LoL Ability to Max List
LoL Teamfighting as Support Guide
LoL Riven Skill Order Tips
LoL AD Carry Basic Guide
LoL Feral Flare Fastest Route Guide
LoL Jungling Guide
LoL Warding Guide
LoL Warwick Diamond 1 Guide
League of Legends Starting Item Choices Guide
League of Legends Top Lane Guide
League of Legends Tips to Escape Bronze and Silver
League of Legends Machine Gun Lulu Guide
League of Legends Bottom Lane Tips
League of Legends Gold Rank Guide
League of Legends Silver Rank Guide
League of Legends Bronze Rank Guide
League of Legends Jungle Shaco Guide
League of Legends Roaming as Support Guide
League of Legends Maokai Guide
League of Legends Support Tips
League of Legends Thresh Top AD Guide
League of Legends Riven Basic Guide
League of Legends Elise Builds Guide
League of Legends Support Guide
League of Legends Jungling Basic Guide
League of Legends Twisted Fate Basic Guide
League of Legends Basic Mechanics Guide
League of Legends Minions In-depth Guide
League of Legends Lee Sin Tips
League of Legends Nidalee Top Lane Guide
League of Legends Yasuo Guide
League of Legends Picks and Bans Guide
League of Legends Ideal Masteries Pages Guide
League of Legends Ideal Rune Pages Guide
League of Legends Common Questions
League of Legends Acronyms and Terms Glossary
League of Legends Most Efficient Runes for Maximum DPS
League of Legends Vayne Season 4 Guide
League of Legends Get Out of Bronze and Silver Guide
League of Legends How to be Successful Guide
League of Legends Free RP through Bing Rewards Guide
League of Legends Pro Tips Compilation
When to Build Health, Armor or Magic Resistance? – League of Legends
League of Legends Competitive Rune Analysis and Ranking Guide
League of Legends Disable Skill Shot Arrow Targeting Thingy!
League of Legends Champion Interaction
Singed 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
LeBlanc 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Poppy 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Ryze 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
League of Legends Primary Runes List
Kennen 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Sion 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Blitzcrank 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Kog’Maw 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Cho’Gath 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Master Yi 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Evelynn 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Veigar 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Mordekaiser 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Ashe 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends