LoL Veigar Tips by SpokingZZ
Because of his ultimate skin that came out recently I decided to practice this champion and learn all about his strengths and weaknesses. Today it is time to share it with all of you guys! I’ve made a video with the general ideas of how to play Veigar on lane and in teamfights, as well as how to execute his deadly combo effectively.
Here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN-L2VPAla0
Let me know what you think about this guide or if there is anything else that I should’ve added to this guide. All feedback is welcome and all questions will be answered below.
Here is the script for those who are not able to watch the video right now.
- Welcome everyone to this new season 4 guide. In this video I’ll be teaching you how to play Veigar. I hope you enjoy the video.
- Veigar has the strongest burst damage from all champions in the game. It doesn’t matter if you’re fed or not, at some point you’ll be able to oneshot almost everyone.
- Because his ultimate skin came out recently I decided to practice him and find out what his strenghts and weaknesses are. I managed to be pretty succesfull with this champion, racking up fantastic scores and wins.
- So without further a do, let’s get started.
- Here you see an overview of runes, masteries, item build and skill order. You can use these settings if you so feel like it, but it may not be the most effective settings. I prefer this myself as it worked out for me. Feel free to pause the video here to copy these settings.
- The interesting part, of course, is the ingame part. First I’ll cover the laning phase, and then I’ll cover the teamfighting phase.
- Veigar his Q is a great damage dealer, but it also has a very good passive on it. On every lasthit with this spell, you will gain extra ability power. This can be stacked infinitely, so try to get as much lasthits as you can with this spell to gain extreme ability power bonusses.
- The downside of this is that this might cause you to be low on mana, so be careful with that. You always want to have some mana left to be able to fight against your opponent. Lasthit with your Q if you have more than 20% mana left.
- With veigar you’re actually able to fight people relatively early in the game. However, I would rather focus on farming minions with your Q than to fight your opponent all the time. Fighting your opponent causes you to lose a lot of mana, which you will need to stack your Q.
- As soon as you get your tear and perhaps a blue buff it is time to fight your opponent. See it as a factor of surprise: first you stay in the back farming all the time, and then all out of the sudden you burst him down.
- Veigar his level 6 is extremely strong against AP champions. Against AD champions it’s not that bad but it’s better against AP because of how his ultimate works. It gets extra damage based on the opponents ability power.
- Now comes the interesting part: how to combo your opponent. This combo has to be executed very fast in order to make it deadly. Here is what you do: You use your E (your stun) and make sure he is instantly stunned. Then, instantly use your W on top of him. Follow that up with your Q, R and ignite and I’m sure you’ll get a kill.
- This E into W combo has to be done really fast so try to practice that. Positioning your E so that it stuns directly can be a bit tricky, but with some practice you’ll be able to get the stuns off easily. At that point, you’ll become really deadly as Veigar.
- Furthermore, make sure you have wards up. You can watch my video on where to ward if you’re interested in the best possible warding locations for every lane.
- Basically what you do all the time on lane is farm with your Q to stack it until your ultimate is off cooldown. When it is off cooldown, burst your opponent down with the combo. Then repeat this process.
- Then in teamfights Veigar has this role of taking someone out instantly before the fight really happens. With your insanely big stun you’re able to stun entire teams, which will help your team to win fights.
- Because of his ultimate you should always try to take out the enemy AP champions right away. You will deal the most amount of damage on them. Burst them down, and walk away until your skills come back off cooldown. When your skills are back up you can join the fight again with your team and clean up.
- There is no reason to stay in the fight when you’ve just combo’d someone. Stay out of it until your skills are available again.
- Don’t be afraid to flash engage when you see your targets out of position. A flash stun is very unexpected and could win entire games for you. Only do this when you know you’re capable of doing it.
- Aand that’s all for playing veigar. Try to practice his combo against bots to get a better feeling of how to do it. Once you can execute his combo fast, you’re ready to try him out in a game. I wish you all good luck.
- Thank you for watching this season 4 guide. If you’ve liked the video don’t forget to like and subscribe for more season 4 guides. Also, feel free to comment with what you thought about the guide and let me know which champion you want to learn next.
LoL Leaguecraft 101 Summaries
LoL How To Un-tilt Yourself Guide
LoL Vi Advanced Tips and Tricks
LoL Jungler Korea Challenger/Master Builds
LoL Marksmen Korea Challenger/Master Builds
LoL Top Lane Korea Challenger/Master Builds
LoL Support’s Guide
LoL Lane Micro Decisions Guide
LoL Jungle In-Depth Guide for Any Elo
LoL Playing Against Vlad Guide
LoL Ziggs Stop Your Team From Being Snowballed Guide
LoL Riven Combos and Animation Cancelling Guide
LoL Ranked 5s Beginner’s Guide
LoL Map Pressure and Control Guide
LoL AP Ezreal Guide
LoL How to Carry as Support
LoL Roaming as Support Guide
LoL Being A Good Shot Caller Guide
LoL Escaping Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Guide
LoL Miss Fortune In-Depth Guide
LoL Sion Matchups Guide
LoL Rammus Top Guide
LoL Udyr In-Depth Guide
LoL Improving Map Awareness Guide
LoL Graves In-Depth Guide
LoL Caitlyn In-Depth Guide
LoL Olaf Diamond Guide
LoL Yorick Guide
LoL Pro Riven Combos Guide
LoL Banner of Command Guide
LoL Wukong Solo Top Lane Guide
LoL Tryndamere Diamond II Guide
LoL Anti Heimerdinger Tips and Counters
LoL Azir Guide
League of Legends Vi Diamond Guide
LoL Vayne In-Depth Guide
LoL ADC Role Tips
LoL Trading in Lane Guide
LoL Wukong Jungle Guide
LoL Alistar Jungle Guide
LoL Jungling Fundamentals Guide
LoL Top Laner Warding Guide
LoL Zz’Rot Portal Top Lane Guide
LoL Carrying Yourself to Diamond Guide
LoL Skarner Jungle Guide
LoL Climbing SoloQ Guide
LoL Counterjungling Guide
LoL Cho’gath Jungle Guide
LoL Jungler When To Help Laners Guide
LoL Teemo Beginner’s Guide
LoL Improving in SoloQ Guide
LoL Nocturne Mechanics Guide
LoL Shaco Teamfighting Guide
LoL Zac Top Lane Guide
LoL Improving in Ranked Fives Guide
LoL Vayne Quick Guide
LoL Elixir of Ruin Tip
LoL Season 5 Jungle Guide
LoL Blitzcrank Carrying Guide
LoL Carrying with Support Guide
LoL Gnar Top Lane Guide
LoL ADC Lane Management Tips
LoL Fizz Guide
LoL Developing Mechanics Guide
LoL How to Win Guide
LoL Vi Tips and Tricks
LoL Champion Select Basic Guide
LoL Shot Calling Guide
LoL Win with a Sightstone Guide
LoL High Elo Marksman Guide
LoL Ranked and Midlane Tips
LoL Vi Jungle Guide
LoL Jarvan IV Jungle Guide
LoL Rek’Sai Jungle Guide
LoL Improving Any Champion Guide
LoL Twisted Fate Jungle Guide by Kikis
LoL Lux Support Guide
League of Legends Kikis Jungle TF Rune Page
LoL New Jungle Strategies
LoL Jungle Tier List
LoL Jungle Nautilus Guide
LoL New Jungle Guide
LoL Rune Pages Quick Guide
LoL Improving Your Skill Guide
LoL Ziggs Quick Guide
LoL Malzahar Guide
LoL Janna In-Depth Guide
LoL Soraka Health Regen Sustain Guide
LoL Singed Quick Guide
LoL Rammus Jungle Guide
LoL Bot Lane 10 Common Mistakes
LoL Soraka Diamond 1 Guide
LoL How To Play When Losing
LoL Bottom Lane Dynamics Guide
LoL AP Varus Guide
LoL Carrying as Support Guide
LoL Bot Lane Matchups Diamond Support Guide
LoL Spending Your First 18K IP Guide
LoL Ryze Tips
LoL Bronze to Gold Guide
LoL Bans Quick List
LoL Veigar Tips
LoL Ascension Mode Tips
LoL Ascension Guide
LoL Blue Ezreal Guide
LoL Top 5 AD Carries Guide
LoL Top 5 Supports Guide
LoL Gnar Top Line Tips and Tricks
LoL Jungling Beginner’s Guide
LoL Correct Approach to Bans Guide
LoL Bush Control for Supports Guide
LoL Champions Summary List
LoL Feral Jungle Yi Guide
LoL Climbing Ranked in 5v5 Teams Guide
LoL Ability to Max List
LoL Teamfighting as Support Guide
LoL Riven Skill Order Tips
LoL AD Carry Basic Guide
LoL Feral Flare Fastest Route Guide
LoL Jungling Guide
LoL Warding Guide
LoL Warwick Diamond 1 Guide
League of Legends Starting Item Choices Guide
League of Legends Top Lane Guide
League of Legends Tips to Escape Bronze and Silver
League of Legends Machine Gun Lulu Guide
League of Legends Bottom Lane Tips
League of Legends Gold Rank Guide
League of Legends Silver Rank Guide
League of Legends Bronze Rank Guide
League of Legends Jungle Shaco Guide
League of Legends Roaming as Support Guide
League of Legends Maokai Guide
League of Legends Support Tips
League of Legends Thresh Top AD Guide
League of Legends Riven Basic Guide
League of Legends Elise Builds Guide
League of Legends Support Guide
League of Legends Jungling Basic Guide
League of Legends Twisted Fate Basic Guide
League of Legends Basic Mechanics Guide
League of Legends Minions In-depth Guide
League of Legends Lee Sin Tips
League of Legends Nidalee Top Lane Guide
League of Legends Yasuo Guide
League of Legends Picks and Bans Guide
League of Legends Ideal Masteries Pages Guide
League of Legends Ideal Rune Pages Guide
League of Legends Common Questions
League of Legends Acronyms and Terms Glossary
League of Legends Most Efficient Runes for Maximum DPS
League of Legends Vayne Season 4 Guide
League of Legends Get Out of Bronze and Silver Guide
League of Legends How to be Successful Guide
League of Legends Free RP through Bing Rewards Guide
League of Legends Pro Tips Compilation
When to Build Health, Armor or Magic Resistance? – League of Legends
League of Legends Competitive Rune Analysis and Ranking Guide
League of Legends Disable Skill Shot Arrow Targeting Thingy!
League of Legends Champion Interaction
Singed 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
LeBlanc 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Poppy 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Ryze 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
League of Legends Primary Runes List
Kennen 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Sion 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Blitzcrank 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Kog’Maw 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Cho’Gath 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Master Yi 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Evelynn 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Veigar 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Mordekaiser 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Ashe 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends