Destiny Tips and Tricks
Destiny Tips and Tricks by MMORPGLife
I noticed today several posts for new players, thus I decided to share with you list of tips and tricks that I had collected and written down for my friends. I hope you’ll find them useful. If you have any additional tip, please share it with the rest of the community in the comments.
- During the character creation choose whatever race you like. The differences between races are entirely cosmetic, with no hidden additional bonuses related to any race.
- The races have four emotes Wave, Point, Sit and Dance, but each race performs dance and wave emote differently. Destiny All Emotes With All Races
- The second subclass unlocks at level 15.
- You can create 3 characters per account.
- You can deposit your items in Tower’s Vaults and share them between your characters.
- At the beginning your character doesn’t have access to special attacks, double jumping or grenades.
- You don’t sell items in shops, you disassemble them in your inventory. During this process you’ll receive some materials and Glimmer currency.
- There is no penalty if you die during a fight. Even your super ability timer is not affected.
- You can interact with players if you target them and click the right stick. It will open a menu where you can invite players to Fireteam, Inspect Player, View Profile or Report Player.
- Your Fireteam privacy settings can be changed under the Roster Tab in pause menu.
- Press triangle on PlayStation or Y on Xbox to access upgrade submenu.
- Participating in public events will give you great rewards and Vanguard reputation
- If you loot Encrypted Engram gear item, take it to the Cryptarch at the Tower to decode it. You can also save a few Engrams and decode them while leveling.
- Open your inventory and learn how to compare and quickly equip new gear
- Look for coral-metallic plants Spin Metal, while exploring. You can trade them for reputation points or upgraded kits in the Tower.
- You get an audible cue when near chests / plants before you see them. It’s like a light screeching/beeping sound. You can hear them through any wall/object
- Completing exploration missions rewards you with Vanguard Marks, that can be used for buying Vanguard gear
- The easiest way to get into cover is by hitting crouch button (O/B) while running to do a slide
- When crouching in cover behind an object, holding down the Aim-down-sights button will allow you to quickly peek over the object and fire from cover. Realising the button will place you safely back behind cover.
- Once you hit level 6 you’ll unlock Bounties, challenges that can be bought from Bounty Vendor in Tower. You can choose between Crucible or World challenges, with Crucible Reputation or Vanguard Reputation rewards respectively, depending on which type of Bounty you completed.
- Do equip gear that you want to level when turning in bounties. The XP also applies to items allowing you to rapidly gain their special abilities.
- Strikes are missions for 3 players, with much harder enemies and bosses.
- If you kill your enemy with your super ability, your teammates can collect “Orbs of light” and recharge their super abilities faster.
- Jumping off the Tower’s balcony can be fun but also frustrating (when someone pushes you off), thus try it at your own risk.
- Use your vehicles to move quickly around the map.
- Use Redemption Codes to unlock 25 different Emblems, Shaders and Destiny Grimoire Card for your collection –http://www.gosunoob.com/destiny/redemption-code-rewards/
- Tapping the weapon swap button (Triangle/Y) allows you to switch Primary and Special weapons.
- Switching to Heavy weapons occurs when you hold down the swap button.
- Don’t rely only on one weapon. Combine your guns, grenades and melee attacks for the best fighting strategy.
- When you start a Crucible match you only have ammo for your primary weapon and a few shots with your special weapon, so keep an eye out for Ammo Creates.
- The announcer gives a 10 second warning before heavy ammo crate drops. Look for a purple icon, try to grab it, and gain a huge advantage over the competition.
- Grenades are limitless but you have to wait for them 1 minute to respawn. You can reduce this timer through weapon/armor upgrades, certain skills, and increasing your discipline stat.
- Special (green) and Heavy (purple) Ammo Creates can be shared between nearby teammates.
Achievement / Trophy Tips
- There are 41 confirmed Achievements (Trophies) in Destiny
- Bane of the Emperor Kill 25 Cabal with precision shots in 1 mission without dying.
Don’t try to complete this achievement before obtaining Superior Sniper Rifle.
- Hunter Killer – Kill 100 Hunters in PvP
Hunters are very fast, but they are not faster than a rocket. Collect heavy ammo and use a Rocket Launcher to kill them.
- Blink of an Eye Kill 5 enemies in 3 seconds
Find a group of enemies and use explosive attack.
- Inspector – Inspect another player
Target a player and press the right stick. It will open up a menu where you can Inspect Player.
- Dragon Slayer – Kill a champion of the Dark Defeat Riksis during the Restoration mission on Earth
- At level 5 you’ll unlock Crucibles upon completing a mission “The Last Array“. There is a rumor that at launch, you’ll be able to play pvp from the level 1, but it’s not confirmed yet.
- You can access Crucibles in Orbit, by selecting “choose destination” then mouse over Crucible
- Before you rush into the first Crucible match visit the Tower and collect bounty quests. Their objectives can be completed during your PvP matches.
- You get Crucible Marks for completing Crucible matches, that can be used for buying Crucible gear.
- In the upper left corner members of your Fireteam appear as green dots, enemies as red dots. When a red dot starts flashing it means that an enemy is within 6 meters.
- If a player dies with Heavy ammo, he drops it for the killer.
- Control Crucible matches last 10 minutes or until the first team reaches 20,000 points.
- Killing with a headshot, super ability, heavy weapons, or vehicle will add additional points for each kill.
- Don’t forget to use your Supers, they are devastating in Crucible.
- The Super ability timer can be sped up by helping your team: Kills, Assists, and neutralizing and capturing Control points all speed up your timer.
- Each Zone your team holds gives your team an additional 50 points per kill. Two zones held gives a bonus 100 points per kill, and holding all 3 zones gives 200 points per kill.
- The standard Control Crucible playlists disable level advantages between players to ensure a fair fight.
- In Iron Banner, a timed playlist, players can test out their best guns and gear.
- Hop on a Pike and use it as a powerful weapon.
- Keep an eye on the condition of your vehicle.
- You’ll not get any objectives or waypoints for raids, you have to figure everything out for yourself.
- For the majority of Raid encounters, you’re going to need to work as a group
- Raids have two difficulty levels: Normal and Hard. Upon completing a Raid on Normal, players can attempt the Hard-mode version of the Raid.
- Normal mode is about learning the mechanics, working together as a team and building strategies to overcome the encounters.
- Hard-mode encounters leverage an even harsher death penalty than the Normal modes.
- Your progress through the Raid is reset each Tuesday at the Weekly Reset, thus, you don’t need to complete all Raid activities in one-go.
- You will be able to run the raid as many times as you want per week on the same character, but you can only receive loot once per week per character.
- Each of Destiny’s nine weapon types has a Legendary version that has been created specifically for the Raid, and each class has an entire set of gear to chase across the two Raid difficulties
- The loot you get is private to you.
- The Vault of Glass can be broken into beginning on September 16th, assuming you’ve achieved level 25.