Destiny Tips and Tricks by MMORPGLife
I noticed today several posts for new players, thus I decided to share with you list of tips and tricks that I had collected and written down for my friends. I hope you’ll find them useful. If you have any additional tip, please share it with the rest of the community in the comments.
- During the character creation choose whatever race you like. The differences between races are entirely cosmetic, with no hidden additional bonuses related to any race.
- The races have four emotes Wave, Point, Sit and Dance, but each race performs dance and wave emote differently. Destiny All Emotes With All Races
- The second subclass unlocks at level 15.
- You can create 3 characters per account.
- You can deposit your items in Tower’s Vaults and share them between your characters.
- At the beginning your character doesn’t have access to special attacks, double jumping or grenades.
- You don’t sell items in shops, you disassemble them in your inventory. During this process you’ll receive some materials and Glimmer currency.
- There is no penalty if you die during a fight. Even your super ability timer is not affected.
- You can interact with players if you target them and click the right stick. It will open a menu where you can invite players to Fireteam, Inspect Player, View Profile or Report Player.
- Your Fireteam privacy settings can be changed under the Roster Tab in pause menu.
- Press triangle on PlayStation or Y on Xbox to access upgrade submenu.
- Participating in public events will give you great rewards and Vanguard reputation
- If you loot Encrypted Engram gear item, take it to the Cryptarch at the Tower to decode it. You can also save a few Engrams and decode them while leveling.
- Open your inventory and learn how to compare and quickly equip new gear
- Look for coral-metallic plants Spin Metal, while exploring. You can trade them for reputation points or upgraded kits in the Tower.
- You get an audible cue when near chests / plants before you see them. It’s like a light screeching/beeping sound. You can hear them through any wall/object
- Completing exploration missions rewards you with Vanguard Marks, that can be used for buying Vanguard gear
- The easiest way to get into cover is by hitting crouch button (O/B) while running to do a slide
- When crouching in cover behind an object, holding down the Aim-down-sights button will allow you to quickly peek over the object and fire from cover. Realising the button will place you safely back behind cover.
- Once you hit level 6 you’ll unlock Bounties, challenges that can be bought from Bounty Vendor in Tower. You can choose between Crucible or World challenges, with Crucible Reputation or Vanguard Reputation rewards respectively, depending on which type of Bounty you completed.
- Do equip gear that you want to level when turning in bounties. The XP also applies to items allowing you to rapidly gain their special abilities.
- Strikes are missions for 3 players, with much harder enemies and bosses.
- If you kill your enemy with your super ability, your teammates can collect “Orbs of light” and recharge their super abilities faster.
- Jumping off the Tower’s balcony can be fun but also frustrating (when someone pushes you off), thus try it at your own risk.
- Use your vehicles to move quickly around the map.
- Use Redemption Codes to unlock 25 different Emblems, Shaders and Destiny Grimoire Card for your collection –http://www.gosunoob.com/destiny/redemption-code-rewards/
- Tapping the weapon swap button (Triangle/Y) allows you to switch Primary and Special weapons.
- Switching to Heavy weapons occurs when you hold down the swap button.
- Don’t rely only on one weapon. Combine your guns, grenades and melee attacks for the best fighting strategy.
- When you start a Crucible match you only have ammo for your primary weapon and a few shots with your special weapon, so keep an eye out for Ammo Creates.
- The announcer gives a 10 second warning before heavy ammo crate drops. Look for a purple icon, try to grab it, and gain a huge advantage over the competition.
- Grenades are limitless but you have to wait for them 1 minute to respawn. You can reduce this timer through weapon/armor upgrades, certain skills, and increasing your discipline stat.
- Special (green) and Heavy (purple) Ammo Creates can be shared between nearby teammates.
Achievement / Trophy Tips
- There are 41 confirmed Achievements (Trophies) in Destiny
- Bane of the Emperor Kill 25 Cabal with precision shots in 1 mission without dying.
Don’t try to complete this achievement before obtaining Superior Sniper Rifle.
- Hunter Killer – Kill 100 Hunters in PvP
Hunters are very fast, but they are not faster than a rocket. Collect heavy ammo and use a Rocket Launcher to kill them.
- Blink of an Eye Kill 5 enemies in 3 seconds
Find a group of enemies and use explosive attack.
- Inspector – Inspect another player
Target a player and press the right stick. It will open up a menu where you can Inspect Player.
- Dragon Slayer – Kill a champion of the Dark Defeat Riksis during the Restoration mission on Earth
- At level 5 you’ll unlock Crucibles upon completing a mission “The Last Array“. There is a rumor that at launch, you’ll be able to play pvp from the level 1, but it’s not confirmed yet.
- You can access Crucibles in Orbit, by selecting “choose destination” then mouse over Crucible
- Before you rush into the first Crucible match visit the Tower and collect bounty quests. Their objectives can be completed during your PvP matches.
- You get Crucible Marks for completing Crucible matches, that can be used for buying Crucible gear.
- In the upper left corner members of your Fireteam appear as green dots, enemies as red dots. When a red dot starts flashing it means that an enemy is within 6 meters.
- If a player dies with Heavy ammo, he drops it for the killer.
- Control Crucible matches last 10 minutes or until the first team reaches 20,000 points.
- Killing with a headshot, super ability, heavy weapons, or vehicle will add additional points for each kill.
- Don’t forget to use your Supers, they are devastating in Crucible.
- The Super ability timer can be sped up by helping your team: Kills, Assists, and neutralizing and capturing Control points all speed up your timer.
- Each Zone your team holds gives your team an additional 50 points per kill. Two zones held gives a bonus 100 points per kill, and holding all 3 zones gives 200 points per kill.
- The standard Control Crucible playlists disable level advantages between players to ensure a fair fight.
- In Iron Banner, a timed playlist, players can test out their best guns and gear.
- Hop on a Pike and use it as a powerful weapon.
- Keep an eye on the condition of your vehicle.
- You’ll not get any objectives or waypoints for raids, you have to figure everything out for yourself.
- For the majority of Raid encounters, you’re going to need to work as a group
- Raids have two difficulty levels: Normal and Hard. Upon completing a Raid on Normal, players can attempt the Hard-mode version of the Raid.
- Normal mode is about learning the mechanics, working together as a team and building strategies to overcome the encounters.
- Hard-mode encounters leverage an even harsher death penalty than the Normal modes.
- Your progress through the Raid is reset each Tuesday at the Weekly Reset, thus, you don’t need to complete all Raid activities in one-go.
- You will be able to run the raid as many times as you want per week on the same character, but you can only receive loot once per week per character.
- Each of Destiny’s nine weapon types has a Legendary version that has been created specifically for the Raid, and each class has an entire set of gear to chase across the two Raid difficulties
- The loot you get is private to you.
- The Vault of Glass can be broken into beginning on September 16th, assuming you’ve achieved level 25.
Destiny PvP Guide to Getting Good
Destiny Heroic Wrath of the Machine Easy Guide
Destiny Light Level Boosting Caps List
Destiny Power Level Past 365 Light Guide
Destiny 365 Light Without Fireteam Guide
Destiny Wrath of the Machine Loot and Locations Guide
Destiny Wrath of the Machine Comprehensive Guide
Destiny Reputation Guide for Leveling
Destiny Intensive Reputation Guide
Destiny Tips and Advice
Destiny Exotic Armors and Stat Rolls List
Destiny Sniper Mega Guide
Destiny Sniping and Aiming Guide
Destiny Sparrow Racing League Guide
Destine Oryx Challenge Mode Guide
Destiny Oryx Basics Guide
Destiny Nightstalker PvP Guide
Destiny Salvage Comprehensive Guide
Destiny Black Spindle Guide
Destiny Pulse Rifle Guide
Destiny Pulse Rifle Stats
Destiny Sunbreaker Guide
Destiny Gunslinger Build Guide
Destiny First Firewall Quest Guide
Destiny TTK Dead Ghosts Comprehensive Guide
Destiny Taken King Endgame Guide
Destiny Golgorath One Gaze Guide
Destiny King’s Fall Guide Compilation
Destiny Light Levels Guide
Destiny Getting Black Spindle Guide
Destiny Exotic Sword Quest Guide
Destiny Kingsfall Raid Comprehensive Guide
Destiny Getting 300+ Light Guide
Destiny Fusion Rifles In-Depth Guide
Destiny Skolas Rounds 1 to 5 Solo Guide
Destiny All Emblems List
Destiny Guide for Returning Players
Destiny Sunsinger Beginner’s Guide
Destiny Beating Skolas In-Depth Guide
Destiny Skolas Fight Mechanics Guide
Destiny Safest Skolas Strategy
Destiny Easy Skolas Strategy
Destiny Skolas In-Depth Guide
Destiny Improving At Crucible Guide
Destiny Bladedancer PvP Guide
Destiny Fusion Rifles in Crucible Guide
Destiny The Ram In-Depth Armor Analysis
Destiny Hand Cannon Re-rolling Guide
Destiny Hand Cannons In-Depth Guide
Destiny Sniper Rifle Re-rolling Guide
Destiny Trials of Osiris Basics Guide
Destiny Level Iron Banner Alts In 6 Games Guide
Destiny Iron Banner Bounty Solo Queue Guide
Destiny Rocket Launcher Guide
Destiny Trials of Osiris Comprehensive Guide
Destiny Scout Rifle Re-rolling Guide
Destiny Raising Your KD Ratio Guide
Destiny Prison of Elders Treasure Chest Loot Explained
Destiny HoW Weapon Reforge Best Rolls Guide
Destiny The Elder Cypher Guide
Destiny Trials of Osiris Information
Destiny Prison of Elders Guide
Destiny “Wanted” Bounties Locations
Destiny Ether Chest Locations
Destiny House of Wolves New Weapon Perks List
Destiny Maximum Armor Rolls List
Destiny Legendary Hand Cannons Guide
Destiny Vendor Machine Guns Comparison
Destiny Edge Faction Reputation Guide
Destiny Glimmer Farming Guide
Destiny Aiming and Sniping Guide
Destiny Acronyms and Terms Guide
Destiny Sunsinger Warlock PvE Guide
Destiny Crota Solo With Dragon’s Breath Guide
Destiny Gunslinger Tripmines PvP Guide
Destiny Alien Damage Guide
Destiny Exotic Weapon Perks Guide
Destiny Material Chaining Guide
Destiny Gunslinger Hunter PvE Guide
Destiny 500 Roc Strikes Reward Breakdown
Destiny Flawless Raider Detailed Guide
Destiny Winning Rumble Guide
Destiny Orb Defender Crucible Guide
Destiny Striker Titan PvE Guide
Destiny Bladedancer Hunter PvE Guide
Destiny Weapons of Light in Crucible Guide
Destiny Is It Worth Upgrading Via Xur Guide
Destiny Venus Cave Glimmer Farming Guide
Destiny Max Grimoire Guide
Destiny Exotic Armor and Weapon Combinations
Destiny Character Builds by Subclass
Destiny How to be Successful in Iron Banner
Destiny Iron Banner Rank Math
Destiny Important PvP Tips
Destiny Leveling Up Iron Banner Effectively Guide
Destiny Iron Banner Weapons and Reforging Guide
Destiny Jolders Hammer Best Rolls Guide
Destiny Voidwalker Warlock PvE Guide
Destiny Melee and Shotgun Tips
Destiny Obsidian Mind Guide
Destiny Mastering Blink Guide
Destiny Swordbearer Guide
Destiny Bladedancer PvP Build Detailed Guide
Destiny Shotgun Rankings
Destiny Warlock Exotic Armor Rankings
Destiny Defender Titan PvE Comprehensive Guide
Destiny Effective Hunter Swordbearer Guide
Destiny Earning Reputation Guide
Destiny Infinite Heavy Ammo Guide
Destiny Decrypting Class Items for Rares Guide
Destiny Elemental Enemies List
Destiny Sunsinger In Depth Guide
Destiny Abyss Without Lamps Guide
Destiny Hunter Exotic PvE/PvP Tier Guide
Destiny Hunter Exotics PvE Tier Guide
Destiny Titan Exotics PvE Tiers Guide
Destiny Flawless Raider Guide
Destiny Hard Mode Crota Tips
Destiny Nightfall Tips
Destiny Crota HM Health Guide
Destiny Crucible Control Zones Needed to Win Guide
Destiny Heavy Ammo Glitch Guide
Destiny Warlock PvE Exotic Guide
Destiny Crota HM Detailed Guide
Destiny Flawless Raider Tips and Tricks
Destiny Cheesing Bounties Guide
Destiny Crota’s End No Cheesing Guide
Destiny Crota’s End Raid Leader’s Guide
Destiny Faction Weapons, Shaders and Ships List
Destiny Gunslinger Guide
Destiny Extremely Fast Strikes Guide
Destiny The Dark Below Video Guides
Destiny Eris/Xur Bounty Guide
Destiny Crota’s End Solo Video Guides Compilation
Destiny Currencies and Materials Guide
Destiny Dead Ghost Locations Guide
Destiny Eris/Xur Urn Bounty Easy Guide
Destiny Crota’s End All Phases Guide
Destiny Crota’s End Phase 4 Quick Guide
Destiny Crota’s End Detailed Information
Destiny Defeating Crota Guide
Destiny Crota’s End Guide
Destiny Preparing for The Dark Below Guide
Destiny The Dark Below Raid Item Checklist
Destiny Flawless Raider Guide
Destiny Eris Morn Guide
Destiny Updated Leveling Up Guide
Destiny Enemy Weapon Damage Guide
Destiny Templar Raid Guide
Destiny One Shot Snipers Guide
Destiny Strange Change Guide
Destiny Best Weapon of Each Type for Crucible
Destiny Control Player Improvement Guide
Destiny Iron Banner Detailed Guide
Destiny Iron Banner Basic Tips
Destiny Quick 300 Materials on Any Planet Guide
Destiny Energy Drain Guide
Destiny Iron Banner Guide
Destiny Beating Atheon with Randoms
Destiny Collecting Ascendant Materials Guide
Destiny Guardian Optimizing Guide
Destiny Early Endgame Guide
Destiny Weapon Loadouts Guide
Destiny Vault of Glass Loot Table
Destiny A Dubious Task Guide
Destiny Atheon Hard Mode Comprehensive Guide
Destiny Atheon and Gatekeepers Hard Mode Guide
Destiny Hand Cannons in Crucible Guide
Destiny The Last Word Guide
Destiny Truth Guide
Destiny Titan Bubble Shield PvP Guide
Destiny Crucible Tips
Destiny Patience and Time Guide
Destiny Atheon In-Depth Guide
Destiny Bounties List
Destiny Tiger Strikes High Level Guide
Destiny Crucible Auto Rifles Guide
Destiny Time Efficient Way to Play Guide
Destiny How to Get Upgrade Materials Guide
Destiny Efficient Material Farming Guide
Destiny Titan Defender PvE Bubble Guide
Destiny How to Relic in Vault of Glass Guide
Destiny New Player’s Leveling Guide
Destiny Vault of Glass Relic Guide
Destiny Chest Farming Runs Guide
Destiny Thorn Bounty Tips
Destiny Fast Leveling Guide
Destiny Atheon Hard Mode Guide
Destiny Xyor Solo Guide
Destiny Gear and Light Quick Guide
Destiny Titan Exotic Armor
Destiny Sunsinger Basic Guide
Destiny Grimoire Cards Bonus Effects List
Destiny Exotic Gun Previews
Destiny Materials Farming Guide
Destiny Xyor Killing Guide
Destiny VoG Beginner’s Quick Guide
Destiny Endgame Detailed Guide
Destiny Hunter Exotic Armor Choices
Destiny Patrol Mission Solo Grinding Guide
Destiny Vault of Glass Condensed Guide
Destiny Gunslinger Tips
Destiny Vault of Glass Tips and Tricks
Destiny Frequently Asked Questions
Destiny Leveling Up Guide
Destiny Crucible Beginner’s Guide
Destiny Ascendant Shards Basic Guide
Destiny Bounty Complete Guide
Destiny Weapon Mods Guide
Destiny Max Light Level and Raid Gear Guide
Destiny Solo Weekly Nightfall and Heroic Strike Guide
Destiny Newbie’s Guide to Strikes
Destiny Skull Modifiers List
Destiny Legendary Armor Guide
Destiny All Exotic Bounties Guide
Destiny Vault of Glass Tips and Guide
Destiny Impact vs Attack Analysis
Destiny Exotic Invective Shotgun Bounty Guide
Destiny Eye of a Gate Lord Solo Guide
Destiny Basic Overall Guide
Destiny Redeemable Codes List
Destiny Light Levels Guide
Destiny Ascendant Shard Farming and Lvl 30 Grind Guide
Destiny PvP Tips and Guide
Destiny Dead Ghosts and Golden Chests Guide
Destiny Trophy Guide
Destiny Vault of Glass Detailed Walkthrough
Destiny Crucible Tips and Tricks
Destiny Gunslinger Tips and Tricks
Destiny Hitting Level 26 Reliably Guide
Destiny Ishtar Sink Nightfall Guide
Destiny Bladedancer Tips and Tricks
Destiny Endgame Guide
Destiny Weapon Stats Guide
Destiny Sunsinger Tips and Analysis
Destiny Bubble Titan Guide
Destiny Exotic Hand Cannon Weapon Bounty Guide
Destiny Summoning Pits Nightfall Guide
Destiny Optimal Build for Nightfall and Raids
Destiny 100 Iron Per Hour Farming Run
Destiny Hunter In-Depth Guide
Destiny Post Level 20 Things To Do
Destiny Dead Ghosts Locations Guide
Destiny Level 20 Tips
Destiny Guns Rarity Information
Destiny Tips and Tricks
Destiny Vault of Glass Guide
Destiny Raid Gear and Rewards Guide
Destiny PvE Class Comparison Guide
Destiny Elemental and Shields Guide
Destiny PvP Crucible Strategy Guide
Destiny Sparrow Guide
Destiny Public Events Guide
Destiny Beating Devil Walker Nightfall Difficulty Guide
Destiny Hunter Bladedancer Blink Build Guide
Destiny Glimmer Farming Guide
Destiny Max Vanguard Marks in 3 Hours Guide
Destiny Factions Guide
Destiny Vanguard, Faction Rep and Vanguard Marks Guide
Destiny After Level 20 Guide
Destiny Fastest Reputation Farming Guide
Destiny All Farming Methods Guide