WildStar Warrior Tanking Guide by OriginT
So a few weeks on I have learned and changed my build quite a bit.
- Its improved my TPS a TON up to around 8k or 9k TPS.
- My survivability is great with over 11k shield and 40k health after eating,
- I also have between 17% and 35% deflect chance. It changes depending on what procs I have on me at any given time but from what i’ve observed the average is about 29% for most of the fight.
- Still have amazing utilty.
- ThreatMeter – No explanation required I am sure.
- Clairvoyance – Help with CC effects such as finding your weapon.
- TapThat – I don’t like this, feels like cheating, but Carbine say it’s fine and it makes things a bit easier with any CSI’s.
- AuraMastery – Used to use ProcsHUD but decided AuraMastery gives better customisation options. Shows procs and cooldowns.
- Perspective – Replaces Ayth_Quest and EntSpy. Amazing customisation for EVERYTHING. I have it set to show a line between myself and any healers in my group/raid. It turns from dark green to light green when they are within 30m.
- SassyBuilds – Couldn’t live without this one. Allows you to change LAS builds in a split second whilst out of combat. I currently have 10 Tanking LAS builds saved with this.
My current AMP Build.
- The biggest change I made was getting rid of Power Link. Yeah it gives a nice DPS boost, but I was finding that a lot of the time it was only hitting me or maybe just one other person and so ultimately I felt like I could put something better in its place.
- Removing Unyielding from the Utility tree worries me but it’s going to be the first thing I get back once I have more AMP points. Being dazed isn’t great but it only happens if you take damage whilst sprinting. I think its manageable without it.
- I took Vigor in the Hybrid S/U tree as I do sprint in combat and that stacking buff is really nice.
- I also took Spike Armor. Assuming I get hit with direct damage every 1 second its (with my current gear) and extra 160 DPS. Pretty good passive threat.
- Finally I took Bolstering Strike. I like it. It’s decent threat with the added survivability. Works.
- I don’t need all the points in critical deflect as you only need a max of 15% so I just took what I needed there.
With the extra 10 AMP points I will get Unyielding and To The Pain.
As I said I use about 10 different LAS builds so I am as efficient as possible. I will show them below and explain why I like some Tiers. I won’t break down every build as the explanation of Tiers and the name of the build should explain all.
- Multi Mob – Low interrupt
- Multi Mob – High interrupt
- Single Mob – Low interrupt
- Single Mob – High interrupt
- Multi Mob – Low interrupt – CCBreak
- Multi Mob – High Interupt – CCBreak
- Single Mob – Low interrupt – CCBreak
- Single Mob – High interrupt – CCBreak
- Maximum interrupt Armor
- Single Target – VLow interrupts – CCBreak – Highly Mobile
Obviously these are all mainly derivative but with SassyBuilds its easy to really min/max.
Not all builds above use all these Tiers but I briefly want to explain why they are good.
- Tier 8 Menacing Strike. This is more for the extra damage as it’s what you will use most.
- Tier 4 Plasma Wall. This is to get the extra deflect. More deflect = less damage taken and more Atomic Spear procs.
- Tier 8 Atomic Spear. See Tier 4 Plasma Wall.
- Tier 4 Polarity Field. Generates two fields which will usually overlap. Great for multi mob tanking.
- Tier 8 Kick. 2 interrupt armour.
- Tier 4 Grapple. 2 Charges.
If anyone have any suggestions or indeed questions please let me know.Other WildStar Articles
WildStar System Daemons Guide
WildStar Maximising Inventory Guide
WildStar Stalker Tank Guide
WildStar Spellslinger Arena and BG Guide
WildStar Warrior Tanking Guide
WildStar How to Make Money Guide
WildStar Commodity Exchange Basic Guide
WildStar Spellslinger BiS DPS Gear Guide
WildStar Technologist Dailies Guide
WildStar Siege of Temptest Refuge Veteran Gold Guide
WildStar Stalker DPS Guide
WildStar Engineer Tank Guide For New Level 50s
WildStar Veteran Stormtalon Lair Silver Guide
WildStar Siege of Tempest Refuge Waves Guide
WildStar Veteran Malgrave Trail Gold Medal Guide
WildStar Pyralos Easy Guide
WildStar Esper PvP Healing Guide
WildStar Tailoring Apprentice Guide
WildStar Whitevale Lore Items Location Guide
WildStar Farside Lore Items Location Guide
WildStar Tailoring Novice Guide
WildStar Malgrave Trail Veteran Gold Rank Guide
WildStar Blade Wind The Invoker Guide
WildStar Speed Leveling Guide
WildStar Stalker Tanking Guide
WildStar Commodities Exchange Guide
WildStar Tradeskills Crafting Chart
WildStar Esper Healing Guide
WildStar Runecrafting Guide
WildStar Spellslinger Healing Gear, Runes and Consumables Guide
WildStar Spellslinger DPS Guide
WildStar Purchasable Spellslinger AMPs List
WildStar Engineer Tank Analysis
WildStar Engineer Basics Guide
WildStar Engineer Bot Keybinds and Commands
WildStar Engineer DPS Guide
WildStar Engineer Leveling Guide
WildStar Medic Leveling Guide
WildStar Warrior Leveling (1-25) Guide
WildStar Warrior DPS Guide
WildStar Tips and Tricks Collection
WildStar Class Picking Guide
WildStar Crowd Control Effects Guide
WildStar Beginner’s Guide
WildStar Spellslinger In-Depth Guide
WildStar Choosing a Healer Guide
WildStar How to Install Addons
WildStar Helpful Addons List
WildStar Housing Guide
WildStar Tips, Tricks and Useful Links
WildStar Tips for Getting Rich
WildStar Controller/Gamepad Support Guide
WildStar Healing Beginner’s Tips
WildStar Tips and Tricks
WildStar Crafting Basic Guide
WildStar Attributes Basic Guide
WildStar Classes Basic Guide
WildStar Basic PvP Guide
WildStar Warrior Endgame PvP Analysis
WildStar Warrior PvP Builds
WildStar Stalker PvP Guide
WildStar Esper DPS Guide
WildStar Spellslinger PvE Healing Guide
WildStar Medic DPS Guide
WildStar Medic PvP Guide
WildStar AMP Locations for Both Factions
WildStar Game FAQ