Hearthstone Rogue Wisp Legendary Rank Deck by free_gold1
Hello everybody! I’m FreeGold and I stream at twitch.tv/freegold3. It’s been a while since I posted a deck guide, mostly due to the fact that I havn’t hit legendary using any deck other than Burstdown Miracle Rogue these past two seasons. This season, however, I have hit legendary using Wispect, a Miracle Rogue deck that uses cards like Leeroy, Van Cleef, Questing Adventurer and of course Wisp, to win.
This deck was used from rank 16 to legendary, and it encountered very little actual resistance. Some match-ups are harder than others, but all in all this is a strong deck.
This deck is slightly harder to play than a standard miracle deck, but is slightly easier to play than my mill or burstdown decks.
Now; for the guide.
Backstab × 2
Preparation × 2
Shadowstep × 2
Cold Blood × 1
Conceal × 2
Deadly Poison × 2
Blade Flurry × 1
Eviscerate × 2
Sap × 2 Ability 2
Edwin VanCleef × 1
SI:7 Agent × 2
Wisp × 2
Novice Engineer × 2
Coldlight Oracle × 2
Questing Adventurer × 2
Leeroy Jenkins × 1
Gadgetzan Auctioneer × 2
Cards and Analysis:
- Backstab x2 – bread and butter removal card.
- Preparation x2 – Combo starter, Van Cleef/Questing builder, Gadetzan cycler.
- Shadowstep x2 -Deck cycle with novice/oracle. Finisher with Leeroy. Questing/Van Cleef building card
- Cold Blood x1 – Finisher card. Can be put on minions to kill stronger minions.
- Conceal x2 – Conceal Gadetzan for cycling the following turn, or to allow for big Van Cleefs/Questings/cold blooded minion to survive through silence/removal to deal damage the following turn.
- Deadly Poison x2 – Use as removal. Cycles nicely with Gadetzan.
- Blade Flurry x1 – A godsend removal card versus Shaman/Zoo. Combo with Deadly Poison and clear your worries away.
- Eviscerate x2 – another standard auto-include removal card.
- Sap x2 – Great versus control decks. Sap taunts away when moving for the kill or sap big minions you’d rather not deal with.
- Edwin Van Cleef x1 – One of your win conditions. However, usually he should be played as a 4/4 or a 6/6 (to avoid big game hunter) If playing against Zoo, make him as big as possible.
- SI 7 x2 – Minion, toast, and removal card all in one. Gives you field and tempo advantage when played right (i.e on minions, not the face)
- Wisp x2 – A deity. Play this card and watch as your enemies shiver in fear. Use this card to start Combo chains, buff Van Cleef or Questing Adventurer act as Kill Shot fodder, or just outright kill the enemy with its value. A must have card in this deck.
- Novice Engineer x2 – It’s almost a wisp. Rather, once you shadow step it becomes a wisp. Oh, it also cycles. But we don’t care about that. We just want wisps.
- Coldlight Oracle x2 – Combo decks need cards. Shadowstep this card for cycling and filling up your hand with combo pieces. Use this + Sap for sapsassinates (using sap on a minion when opponent has 10 cards in hand kills said minion)
- Questing Adventurer x2 – A minion that wrecks havoc with the help of your wisps, novice engineers (wisps), and low cost spells.
- Leeroy Jenkins x1 – Pretty standard card. Use it as a finisher with cold blood/shadowsteps/eviscirates
- Gadetzan Auctioneer x2 – Another cycling card. Usually played with conceal, but sometimes can be played to overrun the enemy with minions they can’t deal with.
How to mulligan:
Knowing correct mulligan procedure with this deck is the first way of playing this deck right.
- Versus Druid: If you have Oracle/Gadetzan in your starting hand, mulligan for removal. Else, mulligan your entire hand (including saps) in search of card draw. There is nothing worse than playing against a druid and not having any card draw. With card draw you can cycle into removal, but you can’t removal into card draw.
- Versus Control Warrior: Same as above. Search for card draw, if you have it in your starting hand, search for removal. Else, hard mulligan.
- Warlock: (Handlock) Search for Sap + Oracle for sapsassinate. Sometimes you can get away with playing a questing adventurer turn 3 on an open field, so keep it if you get it in your hand.
- Warlock: (Zoo) Look for Van Cleef, Questing Adventurer, SI7, Backstab, Deadly Poison (in order of priority) If you get a Van Cleef or Questing in your starting hand, look for combo pieces such as wisps, backstabs, deadly poisons, novice engineers, and shadowsteps.
- Hunter (Aggro): Same as zoo.
- Hunter (Control): Same as druid/warrior.
- Rogue (Aggro/backspace oracle aggro): Same as Zoo.
- Rogue (Miracle Rogue): Search for Leeroy/Gadetzan. Keep Van Cleef/Questing in starting hand if you get combo pieces for them.
- Priest: Same as Druid.
- Paladin (Shockadin/aggro): Same as Zoo
- Paladin (healadin): Same as Druid.
- Mage (Frost/Stall mage): Mulligan for cold light oracles/Shadowsteps. You have to mill key cards to win. Building a big Van Cleef/questing adventurer also works as it makes him have to exhaust key spells such as frost bolts on stalling.
- Mage (Aggro): Same as Zoo. Build big minions.
- Shaman: Search for removal (evis, backstab, si7). Big minions usually get earth shocked, so you usually need a conceal or two to win. Keep Gadetzan/Oracle, Novice, in your starting hand. A good balance of removal + card draw is key.
How to play: Once you get a proper hang of mulligan, playing this deck is relatively straightfoward. Draw for combo pieces and play them once you get them all the while keeping your life total up.
- Keeping life total up takes first priority. Use removal on their minions, use your minions to clear theirs and generally try to keep the field as clear as possible. Against decks such as zoo, so long as you manage to build a big Van Cleef (6/6 or higher is a must) or a questing adventurer (5/5 or higher) you should be able to dominate the field and win. How big do you make the minion? Versus aggro, the bigger the better. These decks are made to be fast, and playing around a silence that they might not have in their hand is a quick way to lose. In fact, most zoo decks don’t even run owl, so there is no reason not to make that 16/16 van cleef against zoo. Against other types of aggro, usually taking a risk pays off. If it didn’t, you wouldn’t have won either way.
- Sadly the build-a-bear workshop strategy is not as effective versus control as it is versus aggro. Control decks usually have more than once silence, big game hunter, and other ways of dealing with your nastyness. As such, you should be careful to not make your minions stronger than a 6/6, unless you have them under conceal. A key strategy to winning versus control is either 1) getting them low enough for leeroy lethal via Gadetzan Auctioneer cycling or 2) Overrun them with big threats. A druid with 7 mana can only clear two minions at most. If you have Gadetzan auctioneer, Van Cleef, and Questing auctioneer on the field, they cannot clear all three minions therefore what survives will kill them the following turn.
Well, hope this guide was at least somewhat informative on how to play this deck. Ultimately it comes down to a matter of experience through trial and error which you can’t encompass in a guide. Hope you enjoy playing this deck as much as I have!Other Hearthstone Articles
Hearthstone Pirate Warrior In-Depth Guide
Hearthstone Old Gods Ultimate Control Warrior Guide
Hearthstone N’zoth Renolock Rank 1 Legend Deck Guide
Hearthstone Yogg Tempo Mage Legendary Deck Guide
Hearthstone Control Warrior Ultimate Guide
Hearthstone Legendary Crafting Guide 2016
Hearthstone Face Shaman Guide
Hearthstone Malygos Freeze Mage Guide
Hearthstone Fatigue Warrior Guide
Hearthstone Mill Rogue In-Depth Guide
Hearthstone Legend Illuminator Freeze Mage Deck
Hearthstone Legend Midrange Secret Paladin Deck
Hearthstone Arena Detailed Guide
Hearthstone Decision Making Checklist
Hearthstone Competitive Guide for Casual Players
Hearthstone How to Hit Legend Guide
Hearthstone Playing Around Secrets in Arena Guide
Hearthstone Crafting and Deck Guide for New Players
Hearthstone Attacking the Right Minion Guide
Hearthstone Arena In-Depth Beginner’s Guide
Hearthstone Building a Collection Guide
Hearthstone Gang Up Mill Rogue Guide
Hearthstone BRM Wing 1 Heroic Decklists
Hearthstone Blackrock Mountain New Cards
Hearthstone Legend Control Paladin Deck
Hearthstone Oil Rogue Guide
Hearthstone Beginner’s Legendary Crafting Guide
Hearthstone Combo Warlock Guide
Hearthstone GvG Arena Class Tier List
Hearthstone Fatigue Mage Deck
Hearthstone Legend Handlock Deck
Hearthstone Mill Druid Guide
Hearthstone Paladin Buffadin Legendary Deck
Hearthstone Druid Hobgoblin Token Deck
Hearthstone GvG Hand Demon Warlock Deck
Hearthstone Piloted Shredder Analysis
Hearthstone Priest Crazed Alchemist Legendary Deck
Hearthstone Deathrattle Hunter Legendary Deck
Hearthstone Rank 1 Legend Druid Deck
Hearthstone Recombobulator Probability Statistics
Hearthstone Getting Legend with Zoo Guide
Hearthstone Handlock Meta Analysis
Hearthstone Voodoo Miracle Rogue Legendary Deck
Hearthstone Naxx Watcher Druid Legendary Deck
Hearthstone Duplicate Freeze Mage Guide
Hearthstone Arena Success Guide
Hearthstone Control Warrior with Silence Deck
Hearthstone Freeze Mage Tips
Hearthstone Common Deck Types
Hearthstone Shaman Detailed Legendary Guide
Hearthstone Deathrattle Priest Legend Guide
Hearthstone No Leeory Zoolock Legendary Deck
Hearthstone Handlock Beginner’s Guide
Hearthstone Crafting and Disenchanting Guide
Hearthstone Deck Types Overview
Hearthstone Naxx Watcher Druid Legendary Deck
Hearthstone Legend Zoo Anti Hunter Guide
Hearthstone Midrange Hunter Mirror Match Guide
Hearthstone Midrange Priest Anti Hunter Legendary Deck
Hearthstone Full Aggro Face Hunter Legendary Deck
Hearthstone Control Priest Legendary Guide
Hearthstone Naxx Control Warrior Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Senpai Shaman Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Deck Building Guide
Hearthstone Naxxramas Hunter Legendary Deck
Hearthstone Arena Basics Guide
Hearthstone Naxx Tempo Rogue Deck
Hearthstone Haunted Creeper Midrange Hunter Deck
Hearthstone No Combo Ramp Druid Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Naxxramas Zoo Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Naxxramas Wing 1 Heroic Strategy
Hearthstone Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter Meta Guide
Hearthstone Miracle Rogue In-Depth Guide
Hearthstone Warlock Zoo Strategy Guide
Hearthstone Rogue Wisp Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Fast Ramp Druid Guide
Hearthstone Aggro Freeze Mage Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Warlock Zoo in Arena Guide
Hearthstone Paladin F2P Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Warlock Zoo Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Becoming Legend Guide
Hearthstone Mage Budget Aggro Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Arena Beginner’s Guide
Hearthstone Tempo Warrior Top 50 Legend Deck
Hearthstone Basic Tempo Rogue Zero Dust Deck
Hearthstone Tempo Rogue Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Card Ideas
Hearthstone Beating Freeze Mages Guide
Hearthstone Druid Midrange Ramp Druid Legendary Deck
Hearthstone Glossary of Terms
Hearthstone Life, Card Advantage and Tempo
Hearthstone Enable Play History and Logging
Hearthstone Automatic Deck Tracker
Hearthstone Control Paladin Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Terms and Concepts
Hearthstone Cards to Dust Immediately List
Hearthstone Miracle Rogue Matchups Analysis
Hearthstone Mage Competitive Legendary Deck
Hearthstone Aggro Mage Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Shaman Detailed Matchup Guide
Hearthstone Control Warrior Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Warlock Murlocs Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Warlock Power Overwhelming Rush Deck
Hearthstone Shaman Budget Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Top 10 Arena Mistakes
Hearthstone Rogue Aggro Mill Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Shaman Combo Deck
Hearthstone Improving Your Game Guide
Hearthstone Legendaries Crafting Guide
Hearthstone Warlock Aggro Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Deathwing Ramp Druid Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Priest Hybrid Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Druid Mill Miracle Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Warrior Weapons Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Druid Token Legendary Rank Cheap Deck
Hearthstone Paladin Rush Legendary Ranked Deck
Hearthstone Deck Strategies for Beginners
Hearthstone Rogue Malygos Legendary Deck
Hearthstone Tempo Shaman Legend Rank Deck
Hearthstone Rogue Legend Rank F2P Deck
Hearthstone Anti-Hunter Priest Deck
Hearthstone Aggro Mage Guide
Hearthstone Amaz Legendary Priest Deck Guide
Hearthstone Rush Priest Guide
Hearthstone Druid Ramp/Roar Deck Guide
Hearthstone Fireside Cardback Easy with Evolve or Tunngle
Hearthstone Gaara Dreamhack Druid Ramp Deck
Hearthstone Mid-Range Hunter Guide
Hearthstone Hunter Turn 7 Legend Rank Deck
Hearthstone Priest Blast Legend Rank Deck
Hearthstone Mage Legendary Rank Deck
Hearthstone Control Warrior Guide
Hearthstone Druid Legendary Rank No Taunt Deck
Hearthstone Warrior Rank 10 Easy Deck
Hearthstone Hunter Important Tips
Hearthstone Beginner’s Tips
Hearthstone Aggro Priority Targeting Strategy
Hearthstone Warrior Rank 4 Budget Deck
Hearthstone Warrior Enrage Deck
Hearthstone Hunter Rank 5 Budget Deck
Hearthstone Hunter Rank 5 No Legendaries Deck
Hearthstone Shaman Rank 1 Control Deck
Hearthstone Rogue Rank 10 No Legendaries Deck
Hearthstone Druid Rank 4 Deck
Hearthstone Druid Rank 3 Seven Legendaries Deck
Hearthstone Druid Rank 5 Deck
Hearthstone Priest Rush Rank 4 Deck
Hearthstone Terms and Mechanics List
Hearthstone Warlock Masters Deck
Hearthstone Druid Masters Deck
Hearthstone Druid Legendary Ranked Deck
Hearthstone Mage Enrage AOE Deck
Hearthstone How to Win Guide
Hearthstone New Player’s Guide
Hearthstone All Achievements and Quests Guide
Hearthstone Priest Rank 4 Deck
Hearthstone Legendary Crafting Priority Guide
Hearthstone Merloc Rank 1 Warlock Deck
Hearthstone Rogue Basics Guide
Hearthstone Rogue Rank 3 Aggro Deck
Hearthstone Starter’s First Steps Guide
Hearthstone Newbie Tips
Hearthstone Basic Cards Rating and Guide
Hearthstone Rogue Rank 5 Deck Guide
Hearthstone Frost Giant Mage Deck
Hearthstone Arena Drafting Guide
Hearthstone Golden Soulbound Cards List
Hearthstone Mage Burn Deck
Hearthstone Shaman Bloodlust Summoner Deck
Hearthstone Free Player’s Guide
Hearthstone Arena Card Pick Guide
Hearthstone Druid Beginner’s Guide
Hearthstone Mage Master 3 Decklist
Hearthstone Budget Player’s Guide
Hearthstone Secrets List and Guide
Hearthstone Tips and Terminology
Hearthstone Starter’s Guide
Hearthstone Legendaries Guide
Hearthstone Suicide Warlock Competitive Deck
Hearthstone Quests and Daily Quests List
Hearthstone Official FAQ
Hearthstone General Guide to Card Games
Hearthstone F2P Guide
Hearthstone Beginner’s Guide
Hearthstone Playstyles Basic Guide
Hearthstone Thrall Shaman Guide
Hearthstone Card Advantage Guide
Hearthstone Miracle Rogue Deck
Hearthstone Paladin One Shot Deck
Hearthstone Priest Control Two Star Master Deck
Hearthstone Basic Only Decks List
Hearthstone Paladin Control Masters Deck
Hearthstone Leveling System Rewards List
Hearthstone Beginner’s FAQ
Hearthstone Crafting Introduction
Hearthstone Game Modes Introduction
Hearthstone Class Tier List
Hearthstone Cards Beginner’s Guide
Hearthstone Warrior Useful Cards Guide
Hearthstone Basic Info Guide
Hearthstone Hero Tactics Guide
Hearthstone Warrior Basic Tips
Hearthstone Shaman Guide
Hearthstone Arena Guide