League of Legends Lee Sin Tips by HDCommentary
Hey there Summoners!
It’s time for another guide, this week for Lee Sin! This is more of an advanced guide featuring advanced mechanics, so if you’re here and you’ve never played Lee Sin it’s probably a wise thing to check out an easier guide first. I oriented this video more onto the advanced part as an experiment for my research, in which I’m trying to figure out what people want the most in a guide. If you would be willing to give me some feedback on that topic, that would be great!
Anyways, let’s get back to the guide! Here is a link to the video that will teach you how to play Lee Sin effectively:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq18_baJNoo
I hope you enjoy the video :)
Script for those who are interested or can’t watch the video:
- Lee sin can be very strong if you use his passive effectivily. This is done by using a skill, auto attack twice, use a skill, auto attack twice and so on. This can only be used in long-lasting fights or onto minions, because in other situations you might want to use your skills faster for the extra cc / damage.
- The most important mechanic on lee sin, for me atleast, is to know how to ward jump. You can use your W to jump to allies, including allied wards and minions. This allows lee sin to use wards to get closer towards his target.
- I prefer to use smart cast for this, but you will find out what you like best. I smart cast W and 2, with 2 being my ward slot.
- So, basically what you do is very easy. You position your mouse at the position you would like to jump to, press 2 and W consecutively and then you perform a ward jump. The tricky part about it is knowing your ranges and doing it fast.
- In case you are not familiar with his ranges, try to NOT use smartcast first. This way, it will show you a range indicator for ward placement and your W. Once you’re used to the ranges, I encourage you to use smart casting.
- If you’ve mastered this mechanic, you’ll notice how freaking much mobility Lee sin has. It allows for great plays and it will make hitting your Q easier. What I like to do is to ward jump towards and enemy, use my E twice to slow him and then use my Q. This makes hitting skillshots much easier.
- Another way to use it is for the famous insec move. This can be done with either a ward or flash and it requires you to be level 6.
- The insec move is performed by placing a ward behind your target, ward jump to it and follow it up with your ultimate. This will kick your enemy back in your team, almost providing your team with a kill for free.
- Here are some examples of the insec move in play. There are different variations of the move, all viable in different occasions. Let me list a few combo’s that are possible.
- Q > Q > Ward Jump > Ult (The real insec move)
- Q > Ward Jump > Ult > Q (you will fly with your target, requires you to be close)
- Ward Jump > Q > Q > Flash behind target > Ult (Very long range)
- E > E > Ward Jump > Q > ULT > Q (Requires you to be extremely close)
- These are most commonly used combos to iniate fights or to make picks. They all have their own advantages in different situations, so it’s all a matter of trying it out. Most important is to know how to perform a standard insec move fast. If you are fast, it’s going to be easy to do the move in any way you like.
- Ok, but how do you learn all this the fastest? Well, here’s how I did it: I played lee sin for 10 games in a row, no matter which role (in a normal game of course). Then my second item was ALWAYS a sightstone. I’m not saying that this is particularly good on high level of play, but for practicing mechanics it’s great.
- Then once you hit level 6, try to make epic plays. This might fail miserably in the beginning, but after 1 or 2 games you will get a hang of it. Use ward jumps all the time and perform insec moves on anyone who is out of position. Practice makes perfect.
- After 10 games I’m sure you will know EXACTLY how to play Lee Sin. You don’t need much games in order to know a champion, if you try really hard. The only problem is overall game knowledge, like Matchups, timings etc. This is all learned by playing Lee Sin over and over again.
- As last I will make you familiar with a very basic Lee Sin move that does a ton of damage. The point is to maximize damage output. So basically what you do is you Q your enemy, ult him and follow it up with your second Q. Since your Q scales on missing % HP and your ult deals a lot of damage, your second Q will have its maximum efficiency this way.
- Alright, Let’s summarize this guide to make it all fresh again.
- Number 1: After using a skill once, attack twice and use the skill again for maximum damage output and maximum energy effectiveness.
- Number 2: Use ward jumps to gap close instead of trying to hit that Q first. Ward jumps are performed by pressing 2 and W consecutively. (with 2 being your ward button)
- Number 3: Use insec moves to make plays by picking people out of position, or engaging a fight in general.
- Number 4: Smartcast W and your ward button for faster ward jumps and insec moves. Use this when you know Lee Sin’s ranges.
- Number 5: For assassination, use Q, ult and follow it up with your second Q to maximize damage output.
- For builds, masteries and Item builds I will include some links in the description to legit guides. They will help you with the basic mechanics and the macro management.
- So that was it for this week’s guide. I hope you enjoyed it and most importantly learned something from it. This week I tried to change my whole guide layout in the more advanced parts and less basic parts. I skipped basic mechanics in this video as an expiriment to see how that turns out. Please let me know what you think!
- Thank you for watching and I hope to see you next time in yet another season 4 guide!
LoL Jungler Korea Challenger/Master Builds
LoL Marksmen Korea Challenger/Master Builds
LoL Top Lane Korea Challenger/Master Builds
LoL Support’s Guide
LoL Lane Micro Decisions Guide
LoL Jungle In-Depth Guide for Any Elo
LoL Playing Against Vlad Guide
LoL Ziggs Stop Your Team From Being Snowballed Guide
LoL Riven Combos and Animation Cancelling Guide
LoL Ranked 5s Beginner’s Guide
LoL Map Pressure and Control Guide
LoL AP Ezreal Guide
LoL How to Carry as Support
LoL Roaming as Support Guide
LoL Being A Good Shot Caller Guide
LoL Escaping Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Guide
LoL Miss Fortune In-Depth Guide
LoL Sion Matchups Guide
LoL Rammus Top Guide
LoL Udyr In-Depth Guide
LoL Improving Map Awareness Guide
LoL Graves In-Depth Guide
LoL Caitlyn In-Depth Guide
LoL Olaf Diamond Guide
LoL Yorick Guide
LoL Pro Riven Combos Guide
LoL Banner of Command Guide
LoL Wukong Solo Top Lane Guide
LoL Tryndamere Diamond II Guide
LoL Anti Heimerdinger Tips and Counters
LoL Azir Guide
League of Legends Vi Diamond Guide
LoL Vayne In-Depth Guide
LoL ADC Role Tips
LoL Trading in Lane Guide
LoL Wukong Jungle Guide
LoL Alistar Jungle Guide
LoL Jungling Fundamentals Guide
LoL Top Laner Warding Guide
LoL Zz’Rot Portal Top Lane Guide
LoL Carrying Yourself to Diamond Guide
LoL Skarner Jungle Guide
LoL Climbing SoloQ Guide
LoL Counterjungling Guide
LoL Cho’gath Jungle Guide
LoL Jungler When To Help Laners Guide
LoL Teemo Beginner’s Guide
LoL Improving in SoloQ Guide
LoL Nocturne Mechanics Guide
LoL Shaco Teamfighting Guide
LoL Zac Top Lane Guide
LoL Improving in Ranked Fives Guide
LoL Vayne Quick Guide
LoL Elixir of Ruin Tip
LoL Season 5 Jungle Guide
LoL Blitzcrank Carrying Guide
LoL Carrying with Support Guide
LoL Gnar Top Lane Guide
LoL ADC Lane Management Tips
LoL Fizz Guide
LoL Developing Mechanics Guide
LoL How to Win Guide
LoL Vi Tips and Tricks
LoL Champion Select Basic Guide
LoL Shot Calling Guide
LoL Win with a Sightstone Guide
LoL High Elo Marksman Guide
LoL Ranked and Midlane Tips
LoL Vi Jungle Guide
LoL Jarvan IV Jungle Guide
LoL Rek’Sai Jungle Guide
LoL Improving Any Champion Guide
LoL Twisted Fate Jungle Guide by Kikis
LoL Lux Support Guide
League of Legends Kikis Jungle TF Rune Page
LoL New Jungle Strategies
LoL Jungle Tier List
LoL Jungle Nautilus Guide
LoL New Jungle Guide
LoL Rune Pages Quick Guide
LoL Improving Your Skill Guide
LoL Ziggs Quick Guide
LoL Malzahar Guide
LoL Janna In-Depth Guide
LoL Soraka Health Regen Sustain Guide
LoL Singed Quick Guide
LoL Rammus Jungle Guide
LoL Bot Lane 10 Common Mistakes
LoL Soraka Diamond 1 Guide
LoL How To Play When Losing
LoL Bottom Lane Dynamics Guide
LoL AP Varus Guide
LoL Carrying as Support Guide
LoL Bot Lane Matchups Diamond Support Guide
LoL Spending Your First 18K IP Guide
LoL Ryze Tips
LoL Bronze to Gold Guide
LoL Bans Quick List
LoL Veigar Tips
LoL Ascension Mode Tips
LoL Ascension Guide
LoL Blue Ezreal Guide
LoL Top 5 AD Carries Guide
LoL Top 5 Supports Guide
LoL Gnar Top Line Tips and Tricks
LoL Jungling Beginner’s Guide
LoL Correct Approach to Bans Guide
LoL Bush Control for Supports Guide
LoL Champions Summary List
LoL Feral Jungle Yi Guide
LoL Climbing Ranked in 5v5 Teams Guide
LoL Ability to Max List
LoL Teamfighting as Support Guide
LoL Riven Skill Order Tips
LoL AD Carry Basic Guide
LoL Feral Flare Fastest Route Guide
LoL Jungling Guide
LoL Warding Guide
LoL Warwick Diamond 1 Guide
League of Legends Starting Item Choices Guide
League of Legends Top Lane Guide
League of Legends Tips to Escape Bronze and Silver
League of Legends Machine Gun Lulu Guide
League of Legends Bottom Lane Tips
League of Legends Gold Rank Guide
League of Legends Silver Rank Guide
League of Legends Bronze Rank Guide
League of Legends Jungle Shaco Guide
League of Legends Roaming as Support Guide
League of Legends Maokai Guide
League of Legends Support Tips
League of Legends Thresh Top AD Guide
League of Legends Riven Basic Guide
League of Legends Elise Builds Guide
League of Legends Support Guide
League of Legends Jungling Basic Guide
League of Legends Twisted Fate Basic Guide
League of Legends Basic Mechanics Guide
League of Legends Minions In-depth Guide
League of Legends Lee Sin Tips
League of Legends Nidalee Top Lane Guide
League of Legends Yasuo Guide
League of Legends Picks and Bans Guide
League of Legends Ideal Masteries Pages Guide
League of Legends Ideal Rune Pages Guide
League of Legends Common Questions
League of Legends Acronyms and Terms Glossary
League of Legends Most Efficient Runes for Maximum DPS
League of Legends Vayne Season 4 Guide
League of Legends Get Out of Bronze and Silver Guide
League of Legends How to be Successful Guide
League of Legends Free RP through Bing Rewards Guide
League of Legends Pro Tips Compilation
When to Build Health, Armor or Magic Resistance? – League of Legends
League of Legends Competitive Rune Analysis and Ranking Guide
League of Legends Disable Skill Shot Arrow Targeting Thingy!
League of Legends Champion Interaction
Singed 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
LeBlanc 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Poppy 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Ryze 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
League of Legends Primary Runes List
Kennen 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Sion 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Blitzcrank 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Kog’Maw 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Cho’Gath 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Master Yi 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Evelynn 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Veigar 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Mordekaiser 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Ashe 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends