WildStar How to Install Addons by draftomatic
Method 1: MissionControl
MissionControl is an external application (not an Addon) that installs Addons for you.
- Click on this link.
- Download the attached MissionControl.zip file.
- Extract the MissionControl.zip file anywhere on your computer, producing MissionControl.exe.
- Double-click on MissionControl.exe. A window should appear.
- Download an Addon, which will be a .zip file. Addons are released as individual threads on this forum, and there is also a listing here.
- Find the .zip you just downloaded, and drag it onto the MissionControl window.
- Restart WildStar, or Reload UI (see tips below).
Method 2: Manual Installation
Installing the Addon
To install, download the .zip file and extract it to this location:
If the Addons folder does not exist within the WildStar folder, simply create it by hand. You can do this by right-clicking in the WildStar folder (not on a file) and clicking on New -> Folder. Name the new folder “Addons”.
WildStar looks in a specific folder on your computer for installed Addons. The location of this folder is determined by the APPDATA environment variable. That means it can be different for every person. Here are a couple of ways to find your APPDATA folder:
1. Open Windows Explorer. This is the Windows file browser (no, not Internet Explorer…). To open it, click the Start button, then click on any one of “Computer”, “My Computer”, “Documents”, etc etc etc. Next, locate the text field at the top of the window that contains the current folder path. In that text box, type “%APPDATA%” without the quotes and press Enter.
2. Type “cmd” into the Start menu search box (Windows 7), or go to Start -> Run… and type “cmd” (Windows XP). When the command prompt appears, type “echo %APPDATA%” without the quotes and press Enter. The path to APPDATA should be printed to the terminal window.
Note that your computer may not have the APPDATA environment variable set, or it could be pointing to the wrong place (although that would be weird and you should probably get that checked out). If both of the above steps don’t work for you, here is the typical location of APPDATA:
C:UsersYour Username HereAppDataRoaming
Replace “C” with your system drive if you installed Windows on a drive other than C. Replace “Your Username Here” with the name you use to log in to Windows.
Lastly, the AppData folder is hidden by default. To see it, from Windows Explorer, go to Organize -> Folder and Search Options -> View and click on the radio button labeled “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” (Windows 7).
- To see which Addons are installed in-game, open the Esc menu (by pressing Esc until it appears), then click Addons.
- From the same menu, there is a big “Reload UI” button in the bottom-right. This button terminates all Addons and then reloads them from scratch, as if you had exited and restarted WildStar. Do this if you encounter an error, or if you notice your game is running slower and slower over time (memory leak).
- User-installed Addons are not loaded by WildStar until you are in-game. Wait until you have logged in and joined a server before looking at the Addons list. It will be empty until then, and that’s normal.
- Not all Addons will do anything when you first install them. Check the instructions for each Addon to see if you need to enter a slash command, or if the Addon is triggered by some event (such as entering combat).
WildStar System Daemons Guide
WildStar Maximising Inventory Guide
WildStar Stalker Tank Guide
WildStar Spellslinger Arena and BG Guide
WildStar Warrior Tanking Guide
WildStar How to Make Money Guide
WildStar Commodity Exchange Basic Guide
WildStar Spellslinger BiS DPS Gear Guide
WildStar Technologist Dailies Guide
WildStar Siege of Temptest Refuge Veteran Gold Guide
WildStar Stalker DPS Guide
WildStar Engineer Tank Guide For New Level 50s
WildStar Veteran Stormtalon Lair Silver Guide
WildStar Siege of Tempest Refuge Waves Guide
WildStar Veteran Malgrave Trail Gold Medal Guide
WildStar Pyralos Easy Guide
WildStar Esper PvP Healing Guide
WildStar Tailoring Apprentice Guide
WildStar Whitevale Lore Items Location Guide
WildStar Farside Lore Items Location Guide
WildStar Tailoring Novice Guide
WildStar Malgrave Trail Veteran Gold Rank Guide
WildStar Blade Wind The Invoker Guide
WildStar Speed Leveling Guide
WildStar Stalker Tanking Guide
WildStar Commodities Exchange Guide
WildStar Tradeskills Crafting Chart
WildStar Esper Healing Guide
WildStar Runecrafting Guide
WildStar Spellslinger Healing Gear, Runes and Consumables Guide
WildStar Spellslinger DPS Guide
WildStar Purchasable Spellslinger AMPs List
WildStar Engineer Tank Analysis
WildStar Engineer Basics Guide
WildStar Engineer Bot Keybinds and Commands
WildStar Engineer DPS Guide
WildStar Engineer Leveling Guide
WildStar Medic Leveling Guide
WildStar Warrior Leveling (1-25) Guide
WildStar Warrior DPS Guide
WildStar Tips and Tricks Collection
WildStar Class Picking Guide
WildStar Crowd Control Effects Guide
WildStar Beginner’s Guide
WildStar Spellslinger In-Depth Guide
WildStar Choosing a Healer Guide
WildStar How to Install Addons
WildStar Helpful Addons List
WildStar Housing Guide
WildStar Tips, Tricks and Useful Links
WildStar Tips for Getting Rich
WildStar Controller/Gamepad Support Guide
WildStar Healing Beginner’s Tips
WildStar Tips and Tricks
WildStar Crafting Basic Guide
WildStar Attributes Basic Guide
WildStar Classes Basic Guide
WildStar Basic PvP Guide
WildStar Warrior Endgame PvP Analysis
WildStar Warrior PvP Builds
WildStar Stalker PvP Guide
WildStar Esper DPS Guide
WildStar Spellslinger PvE Healing Guide
WildStar Medic DPS Guide
WildStar Medic PvP Guide
WildStar AMP Locations for Both Factions
WildStar Game FAQ