League of Legends Vayne Season 4 Guide by HDCommentary_
It’s time for another guide! This time I made a guide about Vayne, one of the best ADC’s in the league. I played her extensively and figured out ways to play her successfully in both ranked & unranked. I thought this reddit would like it as it’s very educational for not only vayne but for all ADC’s.
- Hey guys and welcome to this Vayne guide. Let me start off by telling you what we will cover in this guide.
- As you can see on top of this screen there are buttons which you can press to skip to specific parts of the guide. In case you already know several things about the champion you might want to skip to the more advanced parts like the laning phase or the teamfighting phase.
- If you’re new to the champion and want to learn her from the basics, start from the beginning which will cover masteries, runes, item builds and skill order.
- So without further or do, let’s get started. First, let’s take a look at runes & masteries.
- My Vayne runepage is pretty similar to any other ADC runepage. It involves attack damage marks, flat armor seals, flat magic resist blues and 1 attack damage and 2 attack speed quints.
- For masteries I go for 21 points in the offense tree and 9 points in the defence tree. It is best to pause the video here if you want to fill this in for yourself, because I won’t be going in full detail on masteries.
- Now that everything is set up, let’s take a look at Vayne her skills. If you already know her skills you might want to skip to the next part: Skill Order.
- Her passive, Night Hunter, increases your movement speed when you are facing an enemy. This is a great chase tool because you usually walk faster than your enemy because of it.
- Her Q, Tumble, dashes you quickly to the position where the mouse is at that moment. It is a fast skill and is used the most for repositioning yourself in teamfights. Also for dodging skills this skill is amazing.
- Her W, Silver Bolts, deals true damage every third hit you deal subsequentely on one enemy. This is what makes Vayne such a beast in the lategame because she doesn’t care about tank stats. It is based on % max hp of your enemy. — CHECK
- Her E, Condemn, shoots your target away from you. If the target hits a wall, you will stun him. This is her best lane ability because you can chain CC with your support. In teamfights, shoot those assassins away from you to stay safe.
- Then her R, Final Hour, grants you a huge buff for several seconds. It grants you a bunch of attack damage and your tumble will now grant you stealth for 2 seconds. Use it when the teamfight starts or to go all-in.
- For skill order you can do two things. Either max Q first or max W first. This is dependent on the situation you’re in, because if you’re playing vs heavy tanks then maxing W first will help you more. However, maxing Q first is usually the best for the laning phase.
- If you max Q first, max W second and E third. Ofcourse level up your R on level 6, 11 and 16.
- If you max W first, max Q second and E third. Once again, your ult should be leveled whenever you can.
- Now item builds. Vayne scales very well with attack speed because of her W passive which deals true damage on every third hit on the same enemy. After doing the math this build seems to deal the most damage:
- You start with a dorans blade an 1 pot. After that you try to get your Blade of the ruined king first, followed by Berserker Greaves. Follow this up with a Phantom Dancer and you will have loads of attack speed early on, making you very strong. After this you will have to look at the situation.
- Do you need a defensive item because you die too much? Get a Guardian Angel or a Banshee’s Veil. Guardian Angel works best when you’re playing vs fed Assassins while Banshee’s Veil works best against poke champions and hard CC champions.
- Follow it up by a Last Whisperer and an Infinity Edge. Always have 1 defensive item because this is way more important than getting even more damage. Vayne already has enough damage at this point so there is no reason to get even more, unless you’re really far ahead. Guardian Angel, Banshee’s Veil and Randuins Omen work well in the late game.
- So now we have covered all the basics of Vayne that you need to know to start playing her. Now the question remains: How to play her well? This is the more advanced part of the guide explaining you how to play early, mid and lategame.
- Vayne’s early game is a struggle to play well. She is a weak early game champion and if her support can’t make up for that then it will be relatively hard to win early. However, because of her scaling it is not that important to dominate early. You just need to farm it up, don’t die and get your money together for your first crucial items.
- Vayne matches well with supports like Alistar, Nami, Lulu and Thresh. Even Leona can work really well because of the strenght she gives early game. Try to get your support play one of these champions.
- Even though I said farm it up on lane, if you get an opportunity to poke or to initiate it’s great. Vayne isn’t that strong before level 6, but your tumble does allow for some nice poke damage when your enemy goes for a last hit.
- If you find an opportunity to stun an enemy into a wall, go for it. This can either mean free damage or it will result in a fight that you’ll most likely win.
- Also great to know on Vayne is how to use your tumble effectively. After you shoot a standard auto attack, tumble right after to cancel the animation, allowing you to shoot faster than you normally would. This means you can shoot 2 auto attacks very fast. Add one auto attack before or after that combo and you proc your W true damage for some extra damage. !!!!
- On level 6 Vayne will usually be stronger than her opponent. Her ultimate adds so much to her kit that her dueling potential goes up greatly. Try to find a fight with your support to either get a kill or take summoners from your opponent.
- On your first back, get that Bilgewater cutless. It makes you even stronger when you go all-in on your targets, because of the slow and damage onto your enemies. There is almost no way for them to get away from you, unless they flash or their support CC’s you.
- Just try to play it safe early. There is no reason to play over aggressive with vayne early because after the earlygame, no matter if you’re 2-0 or 0-0, you will deal tons of damage. All you have to do really is get all farm possible.
- If you have a Blade of the Ruined king, a phantom dancer and a defensive item, go and gather up with the team and get into teamfights! This is where Vayne shines, since she deals the most damage of any ADC in the game.
- So let’s get started with the mid game. This phase is about split pushing and teamfighting, two things in which vayne is exceptionally good.
- Teamfighting with Vayne is not the easiest thing because you are such a huge thread. Lately in the LCS we saw pro player Doublelift playing Vayne against team solo mid. Once TSM saw Vayne, they all shouted: “VAYNE VAYNE VAYNE”.
- This is a common problem for Vayne because you want to show your damage to your team but if you get close you will be focussed hard. Her low range makes it hard to stay safe, but that’s the challange you have as a Vayne player and that’s why she is so much fun.
- Like any AD Carry, stay in the backlines of your team. Yes I know it’s hard as vayne but you will have to do it to stay alive. Doesn’t matter who you focus first, your damage will be huge on anyone, even tanks. So try to kill the targets that are the closest first.
- Use your ULT + Tumble to reposition yourself. It is crucial that you don’t get stunned / CC’d because of your squishyness. Tumble is great for dodging skillshots, but also flash helps a lot when you have to react quickly. You need fast reaction speed to play Vayne properly.
- When enemies get close, use the active on Blade of the Ruined king to give yourself some mobility to move away. Let your team react to them and once your team has initiated on them and you’re in a safe location, deal as much damage as you can. You can also use your Condemn (your E) to shoot targets away if they use a gap closer onto you.
- Please, don’t just run in to kill someone and die afterwards. This is terrible and will only cause you to lose the game. If you want to carry, take it safe and try to not die. This is how high elo players carry themselves out of elo-hell. Just play it safe and get ahead over time.
- Once you are full build you can sell your boots and replace them with a Zephyr. This item is perfect for Vayne because of the movement speed, tenacity and attack speed. If you’ve come to this stage you should have already won the game. This is Vayne’s territory, if your team doesn’t fail too much.
- There is not much more to it. To sum this up: Stay in the back, only use your Q to reposition yourself and play safe earlygame.
LoL Jungler Korea Challenger/Master Builds
LoL Marksmen Korea Challenger/Master Builds
LoL Top Lane Korea Challenger/Master Builds
LoL Support’s Guide
LoL Lane Micro Decisions Guide
LoL Jungle In-Depth Guide for Any Elo
LoL Playing Against Vlad Guide
LoL Ziggs Stop Your Team From Being Snowballed Guide
LoL Riven Combos and Animation Cancelling Guide
LoL Ranked 5s Beginner’s Guide
LoL Map Pressure and Control Guide
LoL AP Ezreal Guide
LoL How to Carry as Support
LoL Roaming as Support Guide
LoL Being A Good Shot Caller Guide
LoL Escaping Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Guide
LoL Miss Fortune In-Depth Guide
LoL Sion Matchups Guide
LoL Rammus Top Guide
LoL Udyr In-Depth Guide
LoL Improving Map Awareness Guide
LoL Graves In-Depth Guide
LoL Caitlyn In-Depth Guide
LoL Olaf Diamond Guide
LoL Yorick Guide
LoL Pro Riven Combos Guide
LoL Banner of Command Guide
LoL Wukong Solo Top Lane Guide
LoL Tryndamere Diamond II Guide
LoL Anti Heimerdinger Tips and Counters
LoL Azir Guide
League of Legends Vi Diamond Guide
LoL Vayne In-Depth Guide
LoL ADC Role Tips
LoL Trading in Lane Guide
LoL Wukong Jungle Guide
LoL Alistar Jungle Guide
LoL Jungling Fundamentals Guide
LoL Top Laner Warding Guide
LoL Zz’Rot Portal Top Lane Guide
LoL Carrying Yourself to Diamond Guide
LoL Skarner Jungle Guide
LoL Climbing SoloQ Guide
LoL Counterjungling Guide
LoL Cho’gath Jungle Guide
LoL Jungler When To Help Laners Guide
LoL Teemo Beginner’s Guide
LoL Improving in SoloQ Guide
LoL Nocturne Mechanics Guide
LoL Shaco Teamfighting Guide
LoL Zac Top Lane Guide
LoL Improving in Ranked Fives Guide
LoL Vayne Quick Guide
LoL Elixir of Ruin Tip
LoL Season 5 Jungle Guide
LoL Blitzcrank Carrying Guide
LoL Carrying with Support Guide
LoL Gnar Top Lane Guide
LoL ADC Lane Management Tips
LoL Fizz Guide
LoL Developing Mechanics Guide
LoL How to Win Guide
LoL Vi Tips and Tricks
LoL Champion Select Basic Guide
LoL Shot Calling Guide
LoL Win with a Sightstone Guide
LoL High Elo Marksman Guide
LoL Ranked and Midlane Tips
LoL Vi Jungle Guide
LoL Jarvan IV Jungle Guide
LoL Rek’Sai Jungle Guide
LoL Improving Any Champion Guide
LoL Twisted Fate Jungle Guide by Kikis
LoL Lux Support Guide
League of Legends Kikis Jungle TF Rune Page
LoL New Jungle Strategies
LoL Jungle Tier List
LoL Jungle Nautilus Guide
LoL New Jungle Guide
LoL Rune Pages Quick Guide
LoL Improving Your Skill Guide
LoL Ziggs Quick Guide
LoL Malzahar Guide
LoL Janna In-Depth Guide
LoL Soraka Health Regen Sustain Guide
LoL Singed Quick Guide
LoL Rammus Jungle Guide
LoL Bot Lane 10 Common Mistakes
LoL Soraka Diamond 1 Guide
LoL How To Play When Losing
LoL Bottom Lane Dynamics Guide
LoL AP Varus Guide
LoL Carrying as Support Guide
LoL Bot Lane Matchups Diamond Support Guide
LoL Spending Your First 18K IP Guide
LoL Ryze Tips
LoL Bronze to Gold Guide
LoL Bans Quick List
LoL Veigar Tips
LoL Ascension Mode Tips
LoL Ascension Guide
LoL Blue Ezreal Guide
LoL Top 5 AD Carries Guide
LoL Top 5 Supports Guide
LoL Gnar Top Line Tips and Tricks
LoL Jungling Beginner’s Guide
LoL Correct Approach to Bans Guide
LoL Bush Control for Supports Guide
LoL Champions Summary List
LoL Feral Jungle Yi Guide
LoL Climbing Ranked in 5v5 Teams Guide
LoL Ability to Max List
LoL Teamfighting as Support Guide
LoL Riven Skill Order Tips
LoL AD Carry Basic Guide
LoL Feral Flare Fastest Route Guide
LoL Jungling Guide
LoL Warding Guide
LoL Warwick Diamond 1 Guide
League of Legends Starting Item Choices Guide
League of Legends Top Lane Guide
League of Legends Tips to Escape Bronze and Silver
League of Legends Machine Gun Lulu Guide
League of Legends Bottom Lane Tips
League of Legends Gold Rank Guide
League of Legends Silver Rank Guide
League of Legends Bronze Rank Guide
League of Legends Jungle Shaco Guide
League of Legends Roaming as Support Guide
League of Legends Maokai Guide
League of Legends Support Tips
League of Legends Thresh Top AD Guide
League of Legends Riven Basic Guide
League of Legends Elise Builds Guide
League of Legends Support Guide
League of Legends Jungling Basic Guide
League of Legends Twisted Fate Basic Guide
League of Legends Basic Mechanics Guide
League of Legends Minions In-depth Guide
League of Legends Lee Sin Tips
League of Legends Nidalee Top Lane Guide
League of Legends Yasuo Guide
League of Legends Picks and Bans Guide
League of Legends Ideal Masteries Pages Guide
League of Legends Ideal Rune Pages Guide
League of Legends Common Questions
League of Legends Acronyms and Terms Glossary
League of Legends Most Efficient Runes for Maximum DPS
League of Legends Vayne Season 4 Guide
League of Legends Get Out of Bronze and Silver Guide
League of Legends How to be Successful Guide
League of Legends Free RP through Bing Rewards Guide
League of Legends Pro Tips Compilation
When to Build Health, Armor or Magic Resistance? – League of Legends
League of Legends Competitive Rune Analysis and Ranking Guide
League of Legends Disable Skill Shot Arrow Targeting Thingy!
League of Legends Champion Interaction
Singed 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
LeBlanc 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Poppy 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Ryze 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
League of Legends Primary Runes List
Kennen 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Sion 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Blitzcrank 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Kog’Maw 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Cho’Gath 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Master Yi 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Evelynn 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Veigar 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Mordekaiser 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends
Ashe 30 Seconds Quick Guide – League of Legends