Marvel Heroes Function Keys Guide by JohnnyStrong
Something I hadn’t understood previously was how Function Keys worked. I could see them in the keyboard options, but it didn’t appear as if they’d been implemented to do anything. I now understand how they work, and the following is for those who would like to also know.
- The function keys can be assigned to certain powers, and pressing a function key will assign its power to the RMB (right-mouse button).
- Function keys are assigned in the Powers panel. Hover the cursor over the power, and then press the function key that you want assigned. From that point onward, pressing that function key will cause RMB to use that power.
- For example, playing Cyclops involves a handful of different beam attacks. Assign each of these attacks to a function key, and then you can quickly change the power that your RMB uses.
In addition, in the keyboard options you can re-assign the function keys to other keys. In my case, I had done the following:
- Prior to using the function keys, I had reassigned GH to WE, which I found easier to reach than GH.
- So with respect to the function keys, I assigned F1-4 to ZXCV, F5 to Q, and F6 to R.
Using this configuration meant that my left hand could quickly access the available hot keys, and it was just a matter of practicing where each power had been assigned. I might refine this arrangement, and you might have your own preferences, but I’m mainly trying to explain how the function keys work.
Note that W is a default hotkey for moving forward, which can also be reassigned. After practicing with the default W move forward, I decided to remap keys as follows:
- Assign ‘-’ and ‘+’ for minimap zoom out/in.
- Assign open map from [Tab] to M.
- Assign move forward (W) to [Tab].
Marvel Heroes Wolverine Build
Marvel Heroes Thing Offensive Build
Marvel Heroes Storm Thundering Tempest Build
Marvel Heroes Iron Man Guide
Marvel Heroes Colossus Tips
Marvel Heroes Captain America Guide
Marvel Heroes Black Panther Guide
Marvel Heroes Eternity Splinter Finances Info
Marvel Heroes Costume Core Crafting Guide
Marvel Heroes Alt Leveling Guide
Marvel Heroes Thor Ranged Melee Hybrid Build
Marvel Heroes Ini Config Performance Tweaks Guide
Marvel Heroes Fast Credits and Leveling Vendors Guide
Marvel Heroes Attack Speed Diminishing Returns Info
Marvel Heroes MidTown Success Guide
Marvel Heroes Mega Info Compendium
Marvel Heroes Secrets and Easter Eggs
Marvel Heroes Damage and Defense Calculations Guide
Marvel Heroes Critical Hit Formula
Marvel Heroes New Player Tips
Marvel Heroes Zero Defeats Hero Guide
Marvel Heroes New Player’s Guide
Marvel Heroes Dodge and Defense Formula
Marvel Heroes Hero Stats Comparison
Marvel Heroes Relics List
Marvel Heroes Quest Rewards List
Marvel Heroes Hero Rankings
Marvel Heroes Pro Tips Compilation
Marvel Heroes Function Keys Guide
Marvel Heroes Gearing Up Guide
Marvel Heroes Waypoint Level List
Marvel Heroes Missions Worth Doing Again List
Marvel Heroes Beginner’s FAQ
Marvel Heroes Endgame FAQ
Marvel Heroes Fun Teaming Guide
Marvel Heroes Pricing List
Marvel Heroes Character Costume Core List
Marvel Heroes Newbie Tips
Marvel Heroes Captain America Tank Power Build Guide
Marvel Heroes Jean Grey Guide
Marvel Heroes Cyclops Quick Guide
Marvel Heroes End Game Guide
Marvel Heroes Rested Experience Guide
Marvel Heroes Crafting Guide
Marvel Heroes Hulk Basic Tips
Marvel Heroes Ms Marvel Skills Analysis
Marvel Heroes Cable Comprehensive Guide