Marvel Heroes Function Keys Guide
Marvel Heroes Function Keys Guide by JohnnyStrong
Something I hadn’t understood previously was how Function Keys worked. I could see them in the keyboard options, but it didn’t appear as if they’d been implemented to do anything. I now understand how they work, and the following is for those who would like to also know.
- The function keys can be assigned to certain powers, and pressing a function key will assign its power to the RMB (right-mouse button).
- Function keys are assigned in the Powers panel. Hover the cursor over the power, and then press the function key that you want assigned. From that point onward, pressing that function key will cause RMB to use that power.
- For example, playing Cyclops involves a handful of different beam attacks. Assign each of these attacks to a function key, and then you can quickly change the power that your RMB uses.
In addition, in the keyboard options you can re-assign the function keys to other keys. In my case, I had done the following:
- Prior to using the function keys, I had reassigned GH to WE, which I found easier to reach than GH.
- So with respect to the function keys, I assigned F1-4 to ZXCV, F5 to Q, and F6 to R.
Using this configuration meant that my left hand could quickly access the available hot keys, and it was just a matter of practicing where each power had been assigned. I might refine this arrangement, and you might have your own preferences, but I’m mainly trying to explain how the function keys work.
Note that W is a default hotkey for moving forward, which can also be reassigned. After practicing with the default W move forward, I decided to remap keys as follows:
- Assign ‘-‘ and ‘+’ for minimap zoom out/in.
- Assign open map from [Tab] to M.
- Assign move forward (W) to [Tab].