Vanguard Banisher’s Crafting Questline Guide by Brunman
For a crafter in the range of say 12 – 20 the gear is pretty decent and the experience points are fantastic!
The Banisher crafting quest line starts in the city of New Targonor. The quest line starts at the Banisher Sanctuary, which is located in the Citizen’s Forum (House Thistle) area of the city. At the center of the city there is a large open square with a statue in the center. On the north side of the square there is an open doorway that will take you to another section of the city. When you walk through the doorway a message will come up on the screen saying “Citizen’s Forum (House Thistle)”. Once you move through the doorway head straight north till you come to the city wall. To your left there will be a building. This location is known as the Banisher Sanctuary. Open the door and there should be 4 NPCs inside. The NPC you are looking for is Ashlyn Blackshield. The location is -28759, 29352, 36477
First Quest: World of the Arcane
Hail Ashlyn Blackshield and she will offer you the first quest, Artisan’s Saga: World of the Arcane
Find the banisher priest Hesha and talk to him. Location: -55590, 23343, 36470 Go through the doorway located on the south west side of the square in NT. Turn right after passing through the doorway and Hesha will be back in the corner. A recipe will be added to your recipe book under special recipes for a Banisher Magic Scryer. The only crafting mats you will need will just be crafting supplies from a crafting vendor. You do not need to supply any other raw materials. Make the item and take it back to Hesha.
Return to Ashlyn Blackshield at the Banisher Sanctuary.
Reward: Resonating stone of dexterity +10 dex
Celerity potion – Increase movement speed
Potion of brilliance – Intelligence +10
Banisher’s Pendant +8 Academic presence +8 Clergy presence +5 Noble presence +5 Outsider presence
Second Quest: Mythos in Action
After turning in the first quest Ashlyn will offer another quest, Artisan’s Saga: Mythos in Action
Leave the square in NT by way of the doorway that would lead you out of the city. Turn down the first alley to your right and you will find 2 banisher priests confronting 2 Mythos Cultists. Go behind the crates they are standing in front of and right-click on the pile of books. Move back to the front of the crates and hail the cultists and talk to them.Return to Ashlyn Blackshield at the Banisher Sanctuary.
Third Quest: It’s a Difference in Firepower
After turning in the second quest Ashlyn will offer another quest, Artisan’s Saga: It’s a Difference in Firepower
You will need to rift to the city of Ahgram on Qalia. There should be a mark on you map for the Society of Invention. Before leaving make sure to take tier 1 crafting resources with you. As a blacksmith I needed to take copper with me and as an outfitter I took jute with me. I have not completed the quests as an artificer but from what I’ve heard you will need weakened timber.At the Society of Invention you will find an NPC by the name of Goshi. Hail Goshi and talk to him. Goshi will ask you to make a shield generator and add a recipe to your recipe book under Special Recipes. You will not need to supply any crafting materials just crafting supplies from a vendor. You will need to make 10 shield generators to grade C. Once you make the 10 shield generators you will need to go to an assembly station and assemble the completed item from the 10 crafted items and one crafted item, jute cloth bolt for an outfitter.
Once you assemble the item give it back to Goshi. He will Mythos Cultists and kill them. Once this is done hail Goshi again. Once you chat with him you can return to Ashlyn in NT.
Reward: Ha’toh Diplo wrist +25 Academic presence +25 Clergy presence +25 Merchant presence +25 Outsider presence
Fourth Quest: Mythos Pressure
After turning in the third quest Ashlyn will offer another quest, Artisan’s Saga: Mythos Pressure
Talk to the 3 other NPCs in the room with Ashlyn, Grasher, Shawna Kales, and Iago Jhander. Each NPC will request that you make something for them but their requests will not show up in you quest log. What you need to make depends on your crafting sphere.
4 brittle stone supports, 80 crude reinforced weighted piercing knives, or 4 rugged leather linings
2 Weighted Wood Grips, 2 Weighted Metal Hafts, or 2 sets of Woven Cloth Padding
5 Copper Sheets, 5 Basalt Blocks, or 5 Jute Cloth Bolts
Make sure when you take the crafted items back to the NPCs that you have the exact amount in 3 separate stacks in your bags, no more. If you have say 6 Copper Sheets in one stack then Iago Jhander will not complete his request.
Once you complete the requests for the 3 NPCs return to Ashlyn.
Reward: Banisher Saddlebag 15 slots lvl 10 item
Banisher’s Toolbelt 4 slots +4 Crafting Station use +4 Crafting Tool use
After talking to Ashlyn you can talk to NPC Grasher again and learn 3 new recipes, Hand Cannon, Hand Cannon Ammunition, and Hand Bomb.
Fifth Quest: Third Party
After turning in the fourth quest Ashlyn will offer another quest, Artisan’s Saga: Third Party
Meet Ashlyn at the spot marked on your map. There will be a Cartheon at the spot. The Cartheon will be killed and then you can return to Ashlyn at her normal spot in the Banisher Sanctuary.
Reward: Travel Stone – Recalls to the NT crafting area. There is one for Blacksmith, Artificer, and Outfitter. Pick the one for your crafting sphere
Sixth Quest: Iron and Blood
After turning in the fifth quest Ashlyn will offer another quest, Artisan’s Saga: Iron and Blood
Ashlyn will put another recipe in your recipe book under special recipes. You need to craft 5 Ritual Materials to Grade B. You do not need to provide any crafting resources, just crafting supplies from a vendor.
Once you craft the 5 Ritual Materials meet Ashlyn at the spot marked on your map. Banisher priests will kill the mythos cultists and NPC Jhan will escape. Once she escapes, hail Ashlyn and complete the quest.
Reward: Banisher Workman Pants +7 Problem Solving +7 Finesse +16 Crafting Station use +11 Crafting Utility use
Banisher Workman Shirt +10 Reasoning +10 Ingenuity +33 Crafting Tool use
Banisher Workman Boots +4 Ingenuity +6 Crafting Station use +6 Crafting Utility use +6 Crafting Tool use
Seventh Quest: Cartheon Interference
After turning in the sixth quest Ashlyn will offer another quest, Artisan’s Saga: Cartheon Interference
Ashlyn will put another recipe in your recipe book under special recipes. You need to craft 4 Banisher Seals. You do not need to provide any crafting resources, just crafting supplies from a vendor. Once the 4 seals are crafted you need to place them at the 4 spots marked on your map and then return to Ashlyn.
Reward: Materials Ring +8 Crafting Utility use – The ring has an activated ability to summon random resources to your inventory
Eighth Quest: Tactical Disruption
After turning in the seventh quest Ashlyn will offer another quest, Artisan’s Saga: Tactical Disruption
Ashlyn will put another recipe in your recipe book under special recipes. You need to craft a Soul Trap. You do not need to provide any crafting resources, just crafting supplies from a vendor. Once the soul trap is crafted you need to place it at the spot marked on your map. The spot is in a building on the top floor. There will be a desk surface you can click on and then a pile of books on the floor.
There is also a chest on the floor you can click to get some random goodies.
Return to Ashlyn in her normal spot.
Reward: Darkweave Toolbelt 4 slots +1 Finesse +4 Crafting Utility use
Ninth Quest: Back to Back
After turning in the eighth quest Ashlyn will offer another quest, Artisan’s Saga: Back to Back
Ashlyn will put another recipe in your recipe book under special recipes. You need to craft 10 Triangulators. You do not need to provide any crafting resources, just crafting supplies from a vendor. Once the 10 triangulators are crafted you need to place them at the 10 spots marked on your map and then return to Ashlyn.
What you are looking for at each location is what could be described as a large freestanding brazier with a fire burning in it.
Location 1 -41053, 15034, 35694
Location 2 -39135, 27906, 36455
Location 3 -40648, 9416, 36438
Location 4 -38383, 25293 36481
Location 5 -34965, 13396, 35681
Location 6 -32151, 5849, 36081
Location 7 -43957, 8606, 43339 (in hallway leading down to the elevator on the left)
Location 8 -41373, -12026, 40898 (back of the elevator room)
Location 9 -32560, 5730, 326 (For this location you will need to take the elevator to the lower level of the city)
Location 10 -44431, 19104, 36479 (House Vermach)
Reward: Void Stoker +10 Tool Effectiveness
Void Engraver +10 Tool Effectiveness
Void Ruler +10 Tool Effectiveness
(you get your choice of 1 of these)
Tenth Quest: No More Mythos
After turning in the ninth quest Ashlyn will offer another quest, Artisan’s Saga: No More Mythos
Ashlyn will put another recipe in your recipe book under special recipes. You need to craft Order of Mythos Experimentation. This will require a tier 1 resource and vendor crafting supplies. As an outfitter this required 1 jute cloth bolt. The recipe will be different from other recipes. Each step of this recipe requires more action points than any other recipe I have ever seen. If any complications arise do not try to clear them. If you try to clear them you will not complete the recipe. As a level 50 crafter I finished the recipe with only about 50 action points left over. At the first step pick any of the 3 possible items. Which item you pick depends on what crafting supply vendor items you have in your bags. Once you finish crafting the item return to Ashlyn and turn in the quest.
Reward: Banisher Harveting Vest +10 Harvesting +0.031 Min Units Per Hit
Banisher Harveting Trousers +8 Harvesting +0.031 Min Units Per Hit
Bountiful Harvesting Toolbelt 10 slots General Harvesting +10 Harvest Skill +10
Eleventh Quest: The Failure of the Order
After turning in the tenth quest Ashlyn will offer another quest, Artisan’s Saga: The Failure of the Order
After picking up the quest meet Ashlyn at the spot marked on your map. This spot can be very hard to find but if you want a hint then go to the bottom of this guide. Once you arrive you don’t have to do anything, just let Ashlyn and the Banishers take care of the mobs. Once the mobs are defeated you can hail Ashlyn and turn in the quest on site. Unfortunately you will need to return to the Banisher’s Sanctuary to pick up the last quest from Ashlyn. Hint: This quest is in the Griffon area behind House Vermach inside the walls of NT.
Reward: Bag of Wonders – Summons an item to your inventory once per 24 hours – Most items are pretty good, but some guild members have ended up getting a gold masterwork sigil from this bag!
Twelfth Quest: Cartheon Hate
After turning in the eleventh quest Ashlyn will offer another quest, Artisan’s Saga: Cartheon Hate
Ashlyn will put another recipe in your recipe book under special recipes. You need to craft 10 Banishers Rods to grade B. You do not need to provide any crafting resources, just crafting supplies from a vendor. Go to the spot marked on your map and talk to King Baran Targonor Furth. The king will take care of the Cartheon mob that appears. Ashlyn will be there with the king as well. After the mob is taken care of hail Ashlyn to turn in the quest.
Reward: Banisher Seal (earring) +1 Reasoning +2 Crafting Utility use +2 Crafting Station use +2 Crafting Tool use. (Note: The worn effect of this earing does NOT stack with the worn effect of the Rindol Field Metal, nor the Shandrel’s earring. In terms of value, the Shandrel’s earring is > Banisher Seal > Rindol Field Metal.)
Congratulations! You have completed the Banisher’s quest line.
Banisher Quest line – Part 2: Artisan’s Saga – by Karella
This follow on questline is level 15 – 20 and offers a ton of experience and great items for the level, including a item that will port you to Tawar Galan. So even if you’re a 55 crafter, it’s worth doing to get another recall that’s not linked to your other timers. This will take you to qalia and kojan to help fight the undead menace. The experience I will report will be based on what I received at 55 and it will be lower at lower levels, so your mileage may vary. Also, I didn’t always write down all the minor rewards that were given (such as supply sacks) because generally those are pretty generic. However one of these items provided a stack of 10 resources and 2 of them ended up being T5 Ultra rares!
SPOILER ALERT: Other than knowing where to search for clues in step 2 (since the location marker is bugged) only continue reading if you don’t mind me spoiling the suprise.
1) The Living Dead: Starts in New Targoner with Ashlyn Blackshield of the Banishers. She will send you to the Sultan in Ahgram, who will send you to Lulu Hikat which is just in the next room.
Reward: 208K experience, level 15 apron (+6 to all attributes), and 10 artisan skill books
2) Lulu’s Blueprint: Search for clues near Hathor Zhi on the cartheon menace. She’s says she has updated your journal with the location, but the location marker is bugged. Take the rift to Hathor zhi, and fly to just outside the wall which guards the newbie area by hathor zhi. On the outside of that wall near the road (approx -54560, -21810, -8300) are 4 items you need to find: Chest, Small trampled plant, Broken Pottery and a Book. Return to Lulu when complete.
Reward: 208K experience, Level 15 Mask (+32 Problem Solving)
3) Cartheon Artifacts: Do finishing combines using special “research” recipe you are given to examine the artifacts.
Reward: 130K experience, Level 15 Shirt (+12 reasoning/ingenuity and +18 to all skills), Level 15 Pants (+9 problem solving/Finesse, +15 to all skills)
4) Machinations: Craft an undead tracking device using the finishing recipe you are given.
Reward: 130K experience, Level 15 gloves (+9 ingenuity/finesse), level 15 boots (+9 Problem solving/reasoning).
5) Lich Hunter Robbing: Locate Suza in Khal. Meet with Captain Jaster when you arrive, confront Suza, and search for clues. There will be a location marker on you compass. This will take you across the river from the Khal rift and just south of Khal.
Reward: 104K experience, Level 15 ring (choice of +9 tool or station or utility)
6) Extra research: Make 10 Alchemical compounds (refining combine) and deliver them to Nelon Issan in Ahgram. There should be a location Marker to Nelon, but if not, to find him put your back to the utility vendor, go straight out, take your first left. Go past the mailbox on your left and continue about 5 feet. He will be on the left near a wall.
Reward: 130K experience, (2) level 15 earrings (+3 to all crafting skills)
7) Full Magic Alchemist: Craft Nelon’s tracking potion using the refining recipe he provides. (Takes 3 refined T1 components). Make the 3 parts to the potion, then combine them at an assembly station. Return the potion to Nelon.
Reward: 104K experience, Level 15 tool (choice of +17 saw, skimmer or shears), Level 15 tool (choice of +17 drill, hammer or needle)
8) Nelon’s Greatest Creation: Craft a Dimension Vortex Wand (uses T1 refined material). Return the Wand and the potion from step 7 to Lulu in the Ahgram palace.
Reward: 208K experience, level 15 Ring (choice of +9 station, tool or utility)
9) Suza’s Last Stand: Follow your marker to locate Suza in Ahgram. You’ll be led to a Ladder. Go up the ladder, and go to exactly where your compass leads you. When you get there Suza will appear. Hail Suza and go through the dialogue. When Suza disappears, find the information laying in the corner. Next, hunt Suza back down in Ahgram. You’ll be lead to a large courtyard inside the walls, but near the docks. Inside is Suza standing next to a huge level 55 stone elemental. Hail Suza and use your wand to prevent his escape. Once you do, you’ll loot a finger (right click to get a sample of his flesh) and a recipe (right click to learn it). Using the recipe and his flesh, create an item that you can use to destroy the elemental. Return and stop Suza’s plans (Hail the elemental and use the artifact you made).
Reward: 520K experience, 300 Qalian Artisan Faction (+ variety of other factions), Level 1 Apron (+5 to all attributes, _7 to all skills, +5 to all attributes as worn effect), Choice of kitten or puppy pet.
10) Whisper of Ulvari: Go to Kedara of the Fiend Hunters in Tawar Galan. She’s an orc that stands on one of the platforms at the docks. Follow your compass to locate her.
Reward: 208K experience, level 15 toolbelt (4 slot, +1 Problem solving/finishing, +3 tool)
11) Fiend Hunters: Go to Kanni of the Fiend Hunters in Ca’ial Brael. Follow your compass to find her. She’s located one platform down from the general crafting tree. Retrieve her report. She will give you a jewel. Return to Kedara in TG.
Reward: 208K experience, level 20 Shirt (+16 problem solving/finishing, +22 to all skills), Level 20 pants (+13 Reasoning/Ingenuity, +18 to all skills), 3 artisan skill books.
12) Diamond in the rough: Test the Ulvari jewel using the finishing combine recipe you are given.
Reward: 208K experience, Idol of Kojan (Port to Tawar Galan), level 20 boots (+14 Ingenuity/Finishing), Level 20 gloves (+14 Problem solving/reasoning)
13) Help Wanted: Talk to Karenda Bluewine to locate an Ulvari sage who has information. Karenda is standing on the end of a pier in the Dallerjuba village near Tanvu. Obtain the sage’s journal and return to Kedara in Tawar Galan. You will learn that Jenzu (the troublemaker from the Isle of Dawn) is behind all the recent problems with the Ulvari.
Reward: 208K experience, Level 20 apron (+24 to all skills), Level 20 Maks (+12 to all attributes).
14) Improvise: Create 3 different kinds of Ulvari control jewels, using the finishing recipe you are given. Will take 3 T2 refined materials to make.
Reward: 312K experience, Earring (+1 to all attributes, +1 to finishing, Worn effect of +5 str, +5 finesse, +10 spiritual resistence, and +10 soldier presence.
15) Progress is Minimal: Make 5 weapons and 5 Armor to fight Jenzu, using the finishing recipes you are given. You will need 10 T2 refined materials.
Reward: 208K experience, level 20 ring (+1 problem solving/reasoning/finesse/utility skill)
16) Crafting Honey: Craft a fake ulvari charm to lure Jenzu to Tawar Galan. Will take a T2 refined resource. Return the item to Kedara, who is now located at the crafting area.
Reward: 312K experience, level 20 Ring (+1 Problem solving/reasoning/ingenuity/tool skill)
17) Capturing a Fly: Confront Jenzu. He’s located just above the crafting area on the platform overhead. Return to Kedara where you initially met her.
Reward: 208K experience, Level 5 Tools (+18 Rigging and +18 repair tools)
18) Reverse Engineer: Craft 10 Altered Ulvari Jewels using the recipe you are given. You will need 10 T2 refinined materials.
Reward: 312K experience, 4 slot tool belt (+4 to all skills)
19) Nemesis: Meet Kedara near the beach by the crafting area. Hail Suza to obtain a piece of bone or skin to use in crafting an item to defeat him. While the Fiend Hunters fight to distract his minions, craft a disruption spell using the item. Return to Suza and destroy him. WARNING: This is only a 1250 action point recipe, which is really small so watch your points lest you run out! However, the item can be crafted to grade D and still count.
Reward: 520K experience, 300 Kojani Artisan faction (+ a variety of other kojani factions), level 20 tool (+26 engraver, stoker or ruler), Level 20 50 slot utility pouch (+3 problem solving, + 1 finesse, +5 crafter presence.)
Vanguard Original Racial Starting Locations Guide
Vanguard All Housing Quests Guide
Vanguard Production Manuals Locations Guide
Vanguard Pantheon of the Ancients Crafting Questline Guide
Vanguard Genesis Questline Guide
Vanguard Society Questlines Guide
Vanguard Banisher’s Crafting Questline Guide
Vanguard General Crafting Quests Guide
Vanguard Continental Style and Tier Questlines Guide
Vanguard Base Skill / New Action Table
Vanguard Crafting Guide
Vanguard Mount Guide
Vanguard Faction Guide
Vanguard Plat Coin Dropping Mobs Guide
Vanguard Fishing Guide
Vanguard Team Fighting Guide
Vanguard Griffon Quest Guide
Vanguard Shores of Darkness KDQ Guide
Vanguard Leveling Guide
Vanguard Gnome PSI Quickstart Guide
Vanguard Unicorn Mount Guide
Vanguard Ancient Port Warehouse Guide