PlanetSide 2 Vehicles and Resources Guide by Jagg
The beta currently takes place on Indar, which is composed of 72 different zones. Each zone, except for warpgates (which are not capturable), gives x amount of a given resource. The total resource counts of all owned zones are given to every player who is on the continent (must be in the game) every five minutes. The game has four unique resources (Auraxium, Polymers, Catalysts, and Alloys). We will go over Auraxium in a bit, but first let’s look at the others.
- Polymers are used to spawn the Lightning and faction specific aircraft (1 man, light assault vehicles). There are 19 zones on Indar that give Polymers. They range from +4 to +2 polymers. The NW area of Indar has 3 zones that offer a total of 9 Polymers. The NE area of Indar has 5 zones that offer a total of 15 Polymers. The SW area of Indar has 6 zones that offer a total of 17 Polymers. The SE area of Indar has 5 zones that offer a total of 12 Polymers. Generally speaking the SW area of Indar is the richest in Polymers.
- Catalysts are used to spawn the Liberator and faction specific MBT’s (mostly 2 person, heavy assault vehicles). There are 20 zones on Indar that give Catalysts. They range from +4 to +2 Catalysts. The NW area of Indar has 4 zones that offer a total of 9 Catalysts. The NE area of Indar has 7 zones that offer a total of 20 Catalysts. The SW area of Indar has 4 zones that offer a total of 13 Catalysts. The SE area of Indar has 5 zones that offer a total of 10 Catalysts. Generally speaking the NE area of Indar is the richest in Catalysts.
- Alloys are used to spawn the Galaxy, Flash, and Sunderer (mostly support vehicles). There are 21 zones on Indar that give Alloys. They range from +4 to +2 Alloys. The NW area of Indar has 6 zones that offer a total of 15 Alloys. The NE area of Indar has 3 zones that offer a total of 7 Alloys. The SW area of Indar has 6 zones that offer a total of 17 Alloys. The SE area of Indar has 6 zones that offer a total of 20 Alloys. Generally speaking the SE area of Indar is the richest in Alloys.
Auraxium: The currency resource, auraxium, is spent in the game’s store, which is accessed by clicking the Store button on the main menu.
There are currently eleven vehicles in the game. Five of these are common pool, being the Galaxy, Liberator , Flash, Lightning, and Sunderer.
From there each faction currently has one MBT and one aircraft unique to them. VS has the Magrider and Scythe. TR has the Prowler and Mosquito, and the NC has the Vanguard and Reaver.
- Every faction specific aircraft costs 125 polymers with a 900 second (15 min) respawn timer.
- Every MBT costs 100 catalysts with a 1200 second (20 min) respawn timer.
- The Flash costs only 10 Alloys and has a respawn timer of 300 seconds (5 min).
- The Sunderer costs 150 Alloys and has a respawn timer of 1200 seconds (20 min).
- The Lightning costs 80 Polymers with a respawn time of 900 seconds (15 min).
- The Liberator costs 150 Catalysts with a respawn time of 1200 seconds (20 min).
- The Galaxy costs a whopping 400 alloys (nearly 3x the cost of most vehicles).
Generally we can conclude the following:
- Support vehicles (Galaxy, Flash, and Sunderer) all cost Alloys.
- Light assault vehicles (Lightning, Scythe, Mosquito, and Reaver) all cost Polymers
Heavy assault vehicles (Liberator, Magrider, Prowler, and Vanguard) all cost Catalysts
PlanetSide 2 Infiltrator Beginner’s Guide
PlanetSide 2 Sunderer Guide
PlanetSide 2 Galaxy Guide
PlanetSide 2 Engineer Tips
PlanetSide 2 Solo Tanking Tips
PlanetSide 2 Light Assault Tips
PlanetSide 2 Infantry Tips
PlanetSide 2 Comprehensive Newbie Guide
PlanetSide 2 Infiltrator Build Guide
PlanetSide 2 TR Infiltrator Guide
PlanetSide 2 Vehicles and Resources Guide
PlanetSide 2 Combat Medic Tips
PlanetSide 2 Infiltrator Close Combat Tips
PlanetSide 2 Infiltrator Guide
PlanetSide 2 Tank Killing Guide
PlanetSide 2 Vanu Weapon Stats
PlanetSide 2 Magrider Tips and Tricks
PlanetSide 2 Liberator Comprehensive Guide
PlanetSide 2 Flash Bike Guide
PlanetSide 2 In-Game Commands and Tweaks Guide
PlanetSide 2 Spending 100 Certs Guide
PlanetSide 2 Performance Tweaks Guide
PlanetSide 2 Cert Recommendations for Beginners
PlanetSide 2 Tank Tips
PlanetSide 2 Essential Gameplay Tips Guide
PlanetSide 2 Terms and Acronyms List
PlanetSide 2 Camouflage Preview Pictures
PlanetSide 2 Infiltrator Rifles Guide
PlanetSide 2 MAX Guide
PlanetSide 2 TR LMGs Guide
PlanetSide 2 Unlocks to Avoid Guide
PlanetSide 2 NC LMGs Guide
PlanetSide 2 New Player’s Guide
PlanetSide 2 Infiltrator Basic Guide
PlanetSide 2 Tank Mine FAQ
PlanetSide 2 Skyguard Tips and Tricks
PlanetSide 2 Basic Teamwork Guide
PlanetSide 2 Basic Tips
PlanetSide 2 Squad Leader Guide
PlanetSide 2 Infiltrator Lone Sniper Guide
PlanetSide 2 Newbie General Guide
PlanetSide 2 Infiltrator Complete Guide