Neverwinter Beta Tips by streethawke
For those who are new, or old alike, these tips might help you out in your starting out as an adventurer in Faerun! Welcome!
– Crafting consists of 5 professions. You use the N button to open it up, and you can be a master of all 5 professions on a character. You only get one active crafting slot until you are level 30 or level 3 in a profession and there are other requirements to unlock a total of 9 crafting slots.
– You can begin crafting at level 10!
– Leadership crafting does not make anything. It helps you earn xp for your character and find items to help you out, like ingredients for other professions or health potions. The other 4 are self explanatory.
– Your character can be injured now. These injuries can be healed with a Minor Wounds Kit pre 30 and a Major Wounds kit post 30 (from what I can gather). You gain injuries from dying. They can also be healed being next to a campfire for 5 minutes per injury.
– You do not sustain injuries if another player raises you.
– You will receive your astral diamonds when you enter the game. The total of diamonds you can obtain is pooled to all characters on your account ***UNTIL*** you claim some on that character. When you claim from the pool of diamonds you CANNOT share the diamonds among other characters.
There are ways around this, but you will lose some Astral Diamonds in the process.
– You can also sell Zen to buy astral diamonds.
– To get your astral diamonds, look at the top of your screen and look for the diamond icon, click it and that is how you transfer them to your character.
– The mailbox is a person. I think at the end of last beta it was called Postal Courier and added to the map. He is located near the auction house.
– When giving directions to someone, all the points of interests are numbered on the map and next to the numbers in the legend is the name of what you are looking for, and is, in most cases in alphabetical order (M to get to map) now the numbers will change depending on what quests you have going on… so telling someone to look for number 10 on the map, may not be effective as they are looking for number 11.
– Companions are awesome. When you get to level 16, you have to go BACK to SGT Knox,,, the journel may or may not update, but you need to talk with him to start the companion quest. You get a guardian and cleric companion later on so unless you truly need one or the other, I suggest you get something different.
– The companion quest gives you a choice between a rogue, guardian, cleric, wizard and wolf. Wolf and wizard are awesome.
– The companion vendor (one was at SGT Knox’s location the other is found in the (forgot bldg name) sold the Ghost and Falcon. Falcon rocks, Ghost sucked hardcore. Ghost just got one attack that hit just a little above other companions base attacks and that is it (ALL companions get 2 abilities except ghost) Save your Diamonds!!! No more companion vendor at Knox. You can use the Zen store that sells the Hawk and the Ghost for 2,000 Zen each (come on PW… come on).
– You can level up your companions and SELL THEM. Yes, fully equipped, leveled up companions can be boxed up and sold (need diamonds to box up).
– If you have 2 companions, while one is training up, you can pull the other one and continue adventuring.
– Save your money as much as you can. Don’t bother repairing until you get to your 20s. If you do this, you can get a mount at level 20 for 1 gold (or was it 10. mm) without any problems. Mounts are now 2 gold 50 silver…
– Team up!!! You get better loot, better xp and you clear areas much much faster. In game voice may or may not work, so your mileage may vary.
– If you purchased Hero of the North and / or Guardian packs, then you will get all the character slots, combined astral diamonds, title, bag of holdings, and that is about it I think. As of the last beta you do NOT get the specialized companions, Drow race, Mounts or the extra clothing doodads. You do it get access to the Moonstone VIP lounge.
– The VIP lounge is found on the western edge of the city and is a teleport pad.
– GMs will be in game. They work in shifts. The Western support and Europe support. One will have GM in front of their name I believe and the other will have PW in their name. The two I met last beta were awesome, and they answered the same questions at least 100 times, and they were like machines, because they never became agitated, one word, professionals.
– The “Bounty” NPCs allow you to turn in specific loot items that might look like junk, for cool items. Some rewards are bonuses vs races (like +10% damage vs orcs for 30 minutes) or nice healing potions for your level.
– Campfires are all over the place here. Stay at one for a few moments and you get a temporary 15 minute buff (hopefully they extend this a bit) which helps with combat and regeneration of health and skill/power points. They give +1 to all stats now and last 15 minutes.
– Companions can be equipped with Runestone ( think it is that one..) and jewelry. Companions will vary on which jewelry they will be able to equip (some might take rings, others amulets).
– You can combine runestones and the equipment version of runestones. If you have 4 of the same “level” you can combine them for a better version of the item. Then 4 more of that type and level to make a better version of that item. I did 3 of them last beta and improved them 4 times (get’s tedious). The only stone NOT to upgrade its stats was the XP one. That might have been fixed , not sure.
– Lost? Overwhelmed by your quests? Not sure where to go? Hit the Z button and it lights up a path on where you are supposed to go…
– How to see your FPS in game? /showfps 1 and to turn it off, /showfps 0
– If you are trying to the skirmishes and the “events” but find that no mobs are spawning and it just is not working because it looks like it is finished… start a group, and make sure it is a full group, then queue for it, THIS tip will save you a ton of frustration.
– Need Identification scrolls? The Astral Diamond Vendor sells them for 800 Diamonds a piece. Or other players may auction them off on the auction house, which ironically deals in Diamonds.
– Need some Astral Diamonds, or just some nice short term buffs or healing potions? Pray to your god every hour by pressing CTL + I while near a campfire. Must have done the quest at level 7.
– To collect your Founder’s Title and the Bag of Holding you must go see the Founder’s Vendor directly west of SGT Knox on the opposite end of the map.Other Neverwinter Articles
Neverwinter Pathfinder PvP Guide
Neverwinter Companion Active Bonuses Data
Neverwinter Reflect TR PvP Build Guide
Neverwinter Seals Guide
Neverwinter GWF Pure PvE DPS Iron Vanguard Destroyer Guide
Neverwinter Stats and Effects Calculation
Neverwinter DC General Guide
Neverwinter DC Damage Mitigation PvP PvE Build
Neverwinter DC PvP Guide
Neverwinter PvP Basic Guide
Neverwinter CW Pure Damage Build
Neverwinter CW Thaumaturge Spec Guide
Neverwinter CW Oppressor PvP Guide
Neverwinter DC Sentinel Tank PvP Build
Neverwinter DC Survivability PvP Build
Neverwinter DC Impact Cleric Build
Neverwinter GF Interceptor Tank Build
Neverwinter GF Avoiding Diminishing Returns
Neverwinter GF Feats Builds and Theory
Neverwinter GWF Sentinel PvE Build
Neverwinter GF Tank Build Guide
Neverwinter CW Oppressor Tanky Build Guide
Neverwinter CW Comprehensive Guide
Neverwinter CW PvP Renegade Build Guide
Neverwinter CW Top DPS and Control Guide
Neverwinter TR Perma Stealth Int Build Guide
Neverwinter TR Stealth Executioner Build Guide
Neverwinter GF Threat Mechanics Guide
Neverwinter DC Defensive Build Guide
Neverwinter DC Healing Powers and Synergistic Feats Guide
Neverwinter DC PvP Lashing Light Burst Build Guide
Neverwinter DC Overhealing Guide
Neverwinter DC PvP Itemization Advice
Neverwinter GWF Destroyer DPS Guide
Neverwinter GWF PvP Disengaging Theorycrafting
Neverwinter GWF Sentinel Build Guide
Neverwinter Epic Armor and Weapon Enchantments Guide
Neverwinter Crafting Guide
Neverwinter Level 30 Adventurer’s Pack Guide
Neverwinter Gauntlgrym Guide
Neverwinter GWF Essential Tips and Advice
Neverwinter Devoted Cleric Mechanics Guide
Neverwinter Reaching Endgame Guide
Neverwinter TR T1 and T2 Armor Sets List
Neverwinter Control Wizard Thaumaturge Endgame Guide
Neverwinter GWF PvE DPS Instigator Guide
Neverwinter Trickster Rogue Stats Guide
Neverwinter Dread Vault Yshiggol End Boss Guide
Neverwinter Devoted Cleric Healing Guide
Neverwinter Trickster Rogue PvP Guide
Neverwinter GWF Stunlock Burst DPS Guide
Neverwinter Wizard Renegade Burst Build Guide
Neverwinter Trickster Rogue Dungeon PvE DPS Guide
Neverwinter Trickster Rogue Scoundrel Build Guide
Neverwinter GF Defense, Deflection and Damage Reduction Analysis
Neverwinter Control Wizard Epic Armor Sets List
Neverwinter Trickster Rogue Executioner PvE Build Guide
Neverwinter Guardian Fighter Hybrid Tank PvE Build
Neverwinter Guardian Fighter Debuff Tank Guide
Neverwinter GWF DPS PvE Build Guide
Neverwinter GWF Destroyer Guide
Neverwinter Great Weapon Fighter DPS Initiator Guide
Neverwinter Great Weapon Fighter Guide
Neverwinter Cleric Level 40 Skills Guide
Neverwinter Cleric DPS Hybrid Guide
Neverwinter Cleric Critical Build Guide
Neverwinter Control Wizard Renegade Guide
Neverwinter Racial Abilities List
Neverwinter Class Ability Scores Effects List
Neverwinter Ability Scores Combinations List
Neverwinter Wizard Sexy Commando Guide
Neverwinter Guardian Fighter Basic Guide
Neverwinter Getting Astral Diamonds In Game Guide
Neverwinter Trickster Rogue Infiltrator Skills and Builds Guide
Neverwinter Currency and Economics Guide
Neverwinter Advanced Combat Tips
Neverwinter Guardian Fighter DPS Guide
Neverwinter Companion Info and Guide
Neverwinter Control Wizard Tips
Neverwinter Founder Pack Details
Neverwinter Beta FAQ
Neverwinter Beta Tips
Neverwinter Cleric Minimum Wisdom Build Guide
Neverwinter In Depth Review