Edgeworld New Player’s Tips
Edgeworld New Player’s Tips by Riccardo Kabam
>> Completing Missions
Follow the the Missions System. It will guide you to specific tasks that must be accomplished. Be sure to read over the quests carefully and don’t forget to collect the rewards after completing each task. Kira will be always there to help you with a recommended quest to get you on the right track. She will inform you when a task is completed and will reward you when you’re successful. If you’re ever unsure of what to do next, check in with her!
>> Constructing Buildings
Buildings are an essential component to any successful city. Constructing and upgrading a variety of buildings will help your Base of operations grow and thrive by providing different bonuses and resources. Each construction task takes a certain amount of time to complete and requires a certain amount of resources to initiate. These requirements can be found when clicking on the building type you wish to construct or upgrade.
The Tech Lab is where you research new and upgraded troops. The Defense Lab is where you research to make your structures more resilient to the attacks of a specific troop. Make sure to read the requirements for each project before you start researching them. Requirements can be found clicking on the technology you wish to research or upgrade.
>> Training Troops
Train troops in the Barracks and Factories, as well as the Fleet Academy in later levels. The Quests System helps you in training troops organically with your resources and research. Stronger troops require more costly research to come available. Remember that troops you’ve trained will grant you XP, so keep the Troops Training!
>> Tips to Get You Started:
- When it comes to constructing a building, researching technologies, or training troops, only one timer of each type can be active at any one time. Plan out your strategy and be sure to keep a timer started at all times to make the most of your time!
- If you’re looking for players to chat with or join your Alliance, participate in World Chat!
- Use the Defense simulator early and often! It’s a great way to test your defenses, earn XP, and have a small chance to get valuable Incendiary Cores!
- Keep a close eye on your forces! It’s natural to lose some in order to secure a successful attack, so make sure you have more ready for combat.
- The physical layout of buildings in your Base has a great effect on how effective your defenses are, but can be moved around at any time.
(Note to Edgeworld web players: this game does not connect to your web account; it’s a new and unique tablet game.)