Arcane Legends Sorcerer DPS Rotation Guide by primaeva
After being through some elite boss fights AFTER switching to a Flamestrike Rod, I realized that keeping all spells charged, released and on cooldown perhaps wouldn’t be the best damage output. Here are a few reasons why:
1) Charging disallows normal attacks — therefore the charge must more than make up for the loss of normal attack damage.
1b) The 2 – 2.5 attacks lost during a charge more than makes up for the increased charge damage.
2) If you don’t charge, you fire off more spells in the same period of time.
3) Attacking more procs more fire damage debuffs.
4) The more attacks/spells you get off in that 4 sec window of pet ability burst (Aspen/Ribbit etc), the more you benefit.
5) Frost Bolt DoT stacks, so you want to have as many DoTs going as possible.
Furthermore, the following spells do NOT require charging to proc a secondary, increased damage effect:
1) Fireball -> DoT still applies (charging adds stun / scorch)
2) Frost Bolt -> DoT (and extended stun + damage) still applies (charging adds 20% chance to AoE)
3) Lightning Strike -> 15% still applies, 250% crit still applies (charging adds chance to spread on kill / stun)
The following spell’s damage is benefited by charging:
1) Time Shift -> Clock Bomb not affected, but charge required for DoT and root [which makes it the only spell where charging brings it on par with cast+normal attack]
2) Curse -> Additional 5% damage taken by mob when charged
The one spell that SHOULD be charged is Heal, to heal more and to trigger mana restore / heal over time.
The following spells are terrible in any serious encounter:
1) Gale Force -> it’s a fun spell, that’s about it.
2) Arcane Shield -> if your party is doing it right, you can run with 0 strength and not need this either.
TLDR, unless it’s an AoE encounter where stun and CC is needed, there is very little reason to charge as damage is lost, with the condition that you have a Flamestrike wand. It’s more damaging to just tap at everything that’s on CD– especially right after you trigger your damage-boosting pet arcane.Other Arcane Legends Articles
Arcane Legends How to Fight in the Arena Guide
Arcane Legends Farming Elite Shuyal with Rogue
Arcane Legends XP Needed To Level
Arcane Legends Beastmaster Title Guide
Arcane Legends Making Money Through Merching
Arcane Legends Gleipnir Amulet Guide
Arcane Legends Alargan Complete Guide
Arcane Legends Crates Strategy Guide
Arcane Legends Trading and Farming Guide
Arcane Legends Tarlok Gems Additional Stats Guide
Arcane Legends Speed Leveling Kraag Tomb 4 Guide
Arcane Legends How to Tank Elite Maps Guide
Arcane Legends Farming Guide
Arcane Legends Creating Solo Party Guide
Arcane Legends Legendary Elite Gear Distribution
Arcane Legends Samael In Depth Analysis
Arcane Legends Upgrading Mythic Helm Guide
Arcane Legends Egg Loot Locations Guide
Arcane Legends Rogue’s Guide to Elite Tindirin
Arcane Legends Choosing Pet for Rogues Guide
Arcane Legends How to Do Platinum Offers Guide
Arcane Legends Respec Stat Points Guide
Arcane Legends Making Gold Guide
Arcane Legends NPC Locations and Pictures
Arcane Legends Currency Guide
Arcane Legends Founder’s Equipment List
Arcane Legends Vanity Banner Guide
Arcane Legends Guilds Basic Guide
Arcane Legends Pets and Abilities Guide
Arcane Legends Map XP Guide
Arcane Legends Hauntlet Fast Run Guide
Arcane Legends Promo Codes List
Arcane Legends Warrior Builds Guide
Arcane Legends Rogue Builds Guide
Arcane Legends Warrior Pure Elite Tank Build
Arcane Legends Rogue Budget Comprehensive Guide
Arcane Legends Legendary Items Guide
Arcane Legends Quests List
Arcane Legends Titles and Achievements Guide
Arcane Legends Rogue PvP Guide
Arcane Legends Warrior Basic Guide
Arcane Legends Rogue Boss Hunt Build
Arcane Legends Sorcerer Mage Builds Guide
Arcane Legends Sorcerer Basic Guide
Arcane Legends Leveling Up Zero Death Guide
Arcane Legends Common Scams To Watch Out For
Arcane Legends Boss Tips and Strategies Guide
Arcane Legends Skills Complete List
Arcane Legends Chat Codes List
Arcane Legends Kraag Tombs Guide
Arcane Legends Merchanting Guide
Arcane Legends Sorcerer DPS Rotation Guide
Arcane Legends Basic Gameplay Information
Arcane Legends Warrior PvE Builds Guide