Arcane Legends Merchanting Guide by Zaonabiuibil
Ever feel like you can’t get enough money to even feed your pet? Wish you could buy potions without breaking your bank? Read on, and learn how to have enough money to do anything you wish!
There are a few key points I will be focusing on now, which I will edit and expand on as rhe game progresses.
Before you do anything else, always remember to be kind towards players. If I saw someone insulting someone else, I KNOW I wouldn’t do any deals with them. Just remember, the person you insulted yesterday may have the dream deal you need today. Also, don’t spam. People don’t respect the constant repetitive seller who is relentless in their selling messages.
You have a limited amount of space. Liquidate that which you don’t need for quick money. Then you can sell the rest using…
3)The Consignment Store:
*The CS (also known as the auction house) is the area in Kraag City and Traveler’s Outpost where you can sell your goods to other players without having to spam the base looking for buyers.
*Remember though, there is a fee for listing items in the auction house!!! This means it is a great way to get rid of the little items, like in the 20k range, but when making big sales, try and use the chat feature, but again, don’t spam the chat windows!
*Get a feel for the items. See the different fluctuations of the items. See which lower and increase in price, and base your sales off that. Remember, knowledge is power.
*Just wait. Be patient. Merchanting will be time consuming, but it pays off. Refer to the above, wait and watch prices. Then figure out if you should save or sell.
*S&D. Supply and Demand is a KEY part to the auction house. A low demand and a high supply = low prices. Don’t bother with those. A high demand and a low supply? SELL IT.
*Undercuts. As stated earlier, the CS gets a cut of your money, so competing to have the lowest price isn’t always the best thing. Bide your time.
*Snatch-ups. Always look at the CS, there might be a great deal for you to scoop up.
4)Using the chat system:
The chat system can either be your best friend, or your worst enemy. It is a great way to sell items without the CS fees and cuts. Good right? Not always. Be careful, using the chat system means no CS buying and selling for the price you wanted. It involves tough negotiations, and remember, be respectful, but also try and get the highest price possible for your goods. Say what you’re selling, then wait a minute. Repeating your sales won’t make anyone jump and buy them any quicker.
As you read this, you may think, “what the heck is farming? We have to farm on an action game!?” No no, I made the same mistake the first time I heard it as well. Farming is running maps for gold/items. If there are no good deals, try and farm! Always try for the best items, but remember, all items are good items!
There are multiple levels of rarity. Common (white), Rare (green), Epic (dark blue), Legendary (pink). There might be Vanities (light blue) in the future, in which case I’ll have to update this. As of now Legendaries are the rarest. Try and go for those.
Pets are the companions that fight for you, and pick up your loot. Just remember, you have to feed them, or do you? When your pet is running low on energy (happiness meter), put them in the stables and let them recharge. It saves a lot of money that you can use for merchanting. Also, in the CS, you can buy pet eggs. If you have to buy eggs, try and get them cheap. But! Before you do any of that, make sure you can’t do a quest to get that egg first!
I hope this guide helped, and it will updated as much as possible! Feel free to leave your feedback or other merchanting suggestions!
Thanks and good luck!
Another Merchanting Guide by TheMiraclebird
I present you an in-depth guide that will teach you the art of merchanting. There is another guide by Zao but I have different ways that I would like to share with you! Merchanting is when you buy an item for lower then its average price, then selling the item for the average price or higher to make a profit. You dont need to be a specific level or class to merch, however you need 1000 gold to start merchanting. It is easy once you get the hang of it.
Firstly, you need to know your budget. You should buy items that you can afford and not try finding deals 50% off, which could be easily rejected. Here is my list of reccomended items to buy on different budgets:
1000-5000 gold budget = Merch with chests and a few eggs.
5000-10000 gold budget = Merch with some cheap pinks (rings) and eggs.
10000-25000 gold budget = Merch with forerunner/founder/high level pink items.
25000-50000 gold budget = Merch with the cheap elite items and pink eggs.
100000+ gold budget = Merch with the more expensive and popular pet eggs and Elite pinks.
Secondly, you need to know the average/normal going rates for the items you want to merch. As AH is overpriced sometimes, you will get ripped off occasionally, so try selling and buying the items a few times so that you get experianced with prices. The game is new, therefore it is difficult to remember prices because they will be unstable, so ask friends or look at the traders market for hints if you’re unsure. For example, the best version Vorpals were going for 200k each before, but because of update they are the new powerful weapons, thus resulting in prices rocketing!
Thirdly, you need to know the demand and supply for the item. You wouldnt really know the exact number but depending on the item price, you can guesstimate! Say if the item you are selling is 5000 gold in AH, but there are 6 others too, it means that the demand is quite low but the supply is high therefore meaning the value of the item decreases. In this situation it would be smart to not sell the item yet and WAIT until prices increases and until there are not many in AH. If the demand is high but the supply is low, the value of the item is high so they will be expensive/overpriced in cs eg. Vorpal swords, this is the best time to sell your item. This plays a big role in merching as your item sales and prices depend on this, so dont overprice or underprice – sell for the right amount.
There are 3 main ways to make money:
1. The Auction House farm method – You scroll through the AH pages, looking for cheap deals. When you find a good deal you buy it quickly (before someone else), then depending on the prices you brought the item for and the cheapest item in AH atm, you relist the item in AH. This would be a better way than to sit in Kraag/Outpost, selling in chatbox, because the AH is open to a wider range of customers, in different time zones and if you want to sell an item to someone, you could put it in cs and tell the buyer to buy from cs.This method requires patience as it will take time scrolling through pages looking for a deal. The drawback with this (awesome) technique is that commission fees are sky-high and expensive, also you will have a chance of being undercut by someone selling their item cheaper. Another disadvantage is that you might miss a good deal if someone is selling in chatbox because you cant see the chat.
2. The open selling method – You sit in Kraag/Outpost while saying a copy/paste message. It usually goes like: “Selling XXXX cheaper than cs(AH) pm me!” The key point to selling this way is not only to see the chatbox and advertise openly but its to save listing fees in AH (commission). However lots of players spam the chat, which is just plain annoying and people will mute you, resulting in a slower sell (and more in future sales), if you want to be a successful merchant, do not spam and always be nice. The disadvantage of this method is, its not advertized to a large audience.
3. Farm and sell items – Farming is when you repeatedly run a dungeon, to loot a pink. The most popular items in AH are elite, so selling your looted elite items will make you rich in short time. Be careful, prices are sometimes unstable!
Miracle’s Do’s of merching:
● DO sell your item cheaper than the current price!
● DO ask friends (alternatively forums) if you need a price check!
● DO buy extra auction slots.
● DO report if you see scams.
Miracle’s Dont’s of merching:
● DO NOT overprice/rip people off.
● DO NOT sell your item same price as AH.
● DO NOT be stingy (gold wise) when youre buying an item or selling one
● DO NOT spam towns, guildchat OR dungeons.
● DO NOT buy for 50% off – fail merch IMO.
● DO NOT undercut by lame prices ie. 1 gold.
● DO NOT be rude.
GL on your Merchanting journey!
Arcane Legends How to Fight in the Arena Guide
Arcane Legends Farming Elite Shuyal with Rogue
Arcane Legends XP Needed To Level
Arcane Legends Beastmaster Title Guide
Arcane Legends Making Money Through Merching
Arcane Legends Gleipnir Amulet Guide
Arcane Legends Alargan Complete Guide
Arcane Legends Crates Strategy Guide
Arcane Legends Trading and Farming Guide
Arcane Legends Tarlok Gems Additional Stats Guide
Arcane Legends Speed Leveling Kraag Tomb 4 Guide
Arcane Legends How to Tank Elite Maps Guide
Arcane Legends Farming Guide
Arcane Legends Creating Solo Party Guide
Arcane Legends Legendary Elite Gear Distribution
Arcane Legends Samael In Depth Analysis
Arcane Legends Upgrading Mythic Helm Guide
Arcane Legends Egg Loot Locations Guide
Arcane Legends Rogue’s Guide to Elite Tindirin
Arcane Legends Choosing Pet for Rogues Guide
Arcane Legends How to Do Platinum Offers Guide
Arcane Legends Respec Stat Points Guide
Arcane Legends Making Gold Guide
Arcane Legends NPC Locations and Pictures
Arcane Legends Currency Guide
Arcane Legends Founder’s Equipment List
Arcane Legends Vanity Banner Guide
Arcane Legends Guilds Basic Guide
Arcane Legends Pets and Abilities Guide
Arcane Legends Map XP Guide
Arcane Legends Hauntlet Fast Run Guide
Arcane Legends Promo Codes List
Arcane Legends Warrior Builds Guide
Arcane Legends Rogue Builds Guide
Arcane Legends Warrior Pure Elite Tank Build
Arcane Legends Rogue Budget Comprehensive Guide
Arcane Legends Legendary Items Guide
Arcane Legends Quests List
Arcane Legends Titles and Achievements Guide
Arcane Legends Rogue PvP Guide
Arcane Legends Warrior Basic Guide
Arcane Legends Rogue Boss Hunt Build
Arcane Legends Sorcerer Mage Builds Guide
Arcane Legends Sorcerer Basic Guide
Arcane Legends Leveling Up Zero Death Guide
Arcane Legends Common Scams To Watch Out For
Arcane Legends Boss Tips and Strategies Guide
Arcane Legends Skills Complete List
Arcane Legends Chat Codes List
Arcane Legends Kraag Tombs Guide
Arcane Legends Merchanting Guide
Arcane Legends Sorcerer DPS Rotation Guide
Arcane Legends Basic Gameplay Information
Arcane Legends Warrior PvE Builds Guide