The Secret World Crafting Step by Step Guide by Macule
1) Look at what stats your build needs, such as crit.
2) Obtain an item of the type desired, such as a Hammer, from a vendor, a loot drop or from previously crafted.
3) Open the Transcribing window. Put the item into the breakdown box (the lower box). In this example a Hammer pattern results. The Transcribe button will change into a Disassemble button, click it and remember the pattern of the mats from the item display. Put the mats into your inventory.
4) To upgrade, you need better mats than what disassembly gave you. To upgrade mats, put a stack into the Transcribing window and then click the Assemble button. Then put the resulting upgraded mat into your inventory. The quality, or level, of the mat you receive after the assembly will depend upon the level of the stack of mats that were used to perform the assembly.
You need to have enough of the mats, like were just upgrade to, in order to make the shape of the item you want to craft such as a Hammer.
5) Place the mats of the desired level into the Transcribing window in the shape of the item to craft. This shape is called the “Core” shape. You also need to add an Assembly Kit for the type of item being crafted (in this example, a weapon). It is the Assembly Kit that dictates how potent the Core item will be, and what mats will be needed. Click the Assemble button.
Now you have a new crafted item. In this example it’s a better hammer of higher level than was originally disassembled. Put it into your inventory. Make note of the level of this new item. Now it’s time to add stats that you want added to that new item.
NOTE: Prefix/Suffix seems disabled in Weekends Beta at time of writing this. However, this info is from the TSW crafting video and should be correct.
6) Place the mats that will provide the stats that you desire into either a Prefix or a Suffix pattern shape. This example is for a Prefix. Also place a Prefix or Suffix Assembly Kit, in this example a Prefix Assembly Kit. An Assembly Kit might require a certain level of item it is to be used with. Then click the Assemble button. Put the resulting buff item into your inventory.
7) Now place the new item (Hammer in this example) and the new buff into the Transcribing window and click the Assemble button.
8) There’s the finished product. Move it into your inventory to equip or sell as desired. Note that in some cases the kit used to assemble something might require an additional optional or mandatory Tool (it was not needed in this example).Other The Secret World (TSW) Articles
TSW Regeneration Build Guide
TSW NM Full Support Guide
TSW Blood/Fist Healing Guide
TSW Fist Healing Endgame Guide
TSW Fist Healer Theorycrafting
TSW Blade/Chaos Tanking Guide
TSW NM Hammer Tank Guide
TSW NM Tank Shotgun Blade Build
TSW Pistol Ele DPS Templar Build Guide
TSW Leeching Beginner’s Guide
TSW Rifle Leech Healing Complete Guide
TSW Tanking Mega Guide
TSW 11k HP Fist Healing Guide
TSW NM DPS Build Guide
TSW HealTank Build Guide
TSW Endgame Abilities Guide
TSW Monster Ratings, Powers and Symbols
TSW Basics Guide
TSW PvP Beginner’s Guide
TSW All Missions Locations and Maps
TSW Signet Farming Guide
The Secret World Nightmare Group Guidelines
The Secret World Defeat Gatekeeper as Blood/AR Healer Guide
The Secret World Defeat Gatekeeper as Tank Guide
The Secret World Defeat Gatekeeper as AR/BM DPS Guide
The Secret World Pistol and Blades Penetration Build
The Secret World Hate and Taunt Mechanics Guide
The Secret World Fist Healing Guide
The Secret World Slaughterhouse Farming Guide
The Secret World Solo Transylvania Build Guide
The Secret World Beginner Nightmare Groups Guide
The Secret World Aux Weapon Signet Effects List
The Secret World Tanking General Guide
The Secret World Heal Tank Hybrid Guide
The Secret World Elemental/Shotgun Single DPS Build Guide
The Secret World Shotgun/Chaos Tanking Alternative Deck Guide
The Secret World Assault Rifle/Elemental Build Guide
The Secret World Maximum Range DPS Build Guide
The Secret World Dungeon/Boss DPS Builds Guide
The Secret World Chaos/Blade Tanking Build Guide
The Secret World Tips and Advice
The Secret World Crafting and Disassembling FAQ
The Secret World Hammer, Chaos Tank Build Guide
The Secret World Blades, Chaos and Hammer Detailed Analysis
The Secret World Evade, Block and Defence Comparison
The Secret World Healer Tank Build Guide
The Secret World Elemental, Pistol DPS Build Guide
The Secret World FAQs Compilation
The Secret World Starter’s Guide
The Secret World Defeat Gatekeeper as DPS Guide
The Secret World Kingsmouth Missions Complete List
The Secret World Crafting Comprehensive Guide
The Secret World UI Tweaking Guide
The Secret World Chat Commands and GUI Guide
The Secret World Grouping Mechanics Guide
The Secret World Player Strength Vs Difficulty Guide
The Secret World Strategy and Tactics Guide
The Secret World Build Mechanics and Philosophy Tips Guide
The Secret World Synergize Any Two Weapons Guide
The Secret World Weapon Synergy and Build Guide
The Secret World In-Game Puzzle Guide
The Secret World Crafting Step by Step Guide
The Secret World FAQ