Dragon Oath Guild Trader FAQ
Dragon Oath Guild Trader Frequently Asked Questions by Souichi
**First off I am writing this as it pertained to me and my guild, and though similiarity is probable it’d be wise to confer with members of your guild to make sure it is 100% correct**
So, you’ve been selected to be a Trader for your guild, and if it is your first time you are probably pretty confused. If this is the case then you’ve come to the right place.
First of all the reason Trader is so sought after is because there is a a high yield for Gold and a decent amount of Experience to be gained.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE: YOU ARE CARRYING YOUR GUILD’S MONEY, YOU CAN BE PK’ED OUTSIDE OF TOWNS, THE PK’ER WILL THEN GET YOUR GUILDS MONEY. TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING TURN OFF YOUR TRADER TITLE BY CLICKING FRIENDS OR USING KEYBOARD COMMAND ALT+F, THEN SELECT ‘MODIFY TITLE’ SO YOU AREN’T A WALKING BAG OF MONEY WITH A TARGET ON YOUR BACK. ALSO, DO NOT BE STUPID AND JUST GO AFK ON A PK MAP.
The main concept behind trading is to buy a material at a low price at Point A and then run it to Point B and sell it for a high price. In order to do the quest do the following:
1) Go to the Finance Officer of your Guild City.
2) Select the option ‘Recieve Bank Notes’
3) Again speaking with the Finance Officer, select the ‘Merchant Shop’ option.
4) Buy GRAIN**, as it has the highest Buy/Sell Profit Margin. Buy as much as you can. It is best to start at ~3, 6, 9, or 12~ as you will only need to buy 2 GRAIN**.
5) Run to the next City.
*if you do not know what city it is speak to the Government official in your Guild City and select the “Commercial Route” option.
6) Once you run to the next city you will need to take note of the clock in the top right corner of the game. You will want to wait for ~3, 6, 9, or 12~** before you sell your GRAIN**. You sell the grain simply by speaking the the Finance Officer and selecting “Merchant Shop” from the list of options. It is necessary to wait for these specific times as they are when GRAIN will be selling for the most.
7) Now, after selling the first batch of GRAIN**, speak with the Finance Official again and buy as much GRAIN** as possible. Again it is best to buy at ~3, 6, 9, or 12~** as you will only need to buy 7 GRAIN**.
8) Run back to your Guild City.
9) Speak with the Finance Officer, once again waiting for ~3, 6, 9, or 12~**, and sell all of your GRAIN**.
10) Now, with all your GRAIN** sold, having ran from Point A to Point B back to Point A, you can turn in your bank note. Once you turn in your bank note you will receive 20% of the gold you earned and 45,000(+) Exp.
**Each individual item within the trader Merchant Shop has a different time:cost fluctuation. Grain is effective to buy and sell at 3,6,9, or 12, but other items may be at their peak value at different times on the in game clock. As far as I know all items will work on a 3 hours interval, in other words the items should have only 3 different prices through a 12 hours rotation.
You can run from as a trader up to 8 times per day, each day you get Trader. It really is an excellent way to make Gold, and as such only a few are appointed Trader per day. Each Guild is different, but usually if you want to get Trader it would be wise to do things for your City to gain Guild Contributions.
If you have any questions you should just ask your guild in the Guild Chat Channel. My first time with Trader I found those in my Guild to be infinitely helpful. If you’d like you can PM me in game, I am friendly and always like to help someone out. IGN: Souichi, a member of the WarLords guild.
If you think I forgot anything that belongs in here just lemme know and I will make any modifications.