Facebook Mighty Pirates FAQ
Mighty Pirates Frequently Asked Questions
Become The Mightiest Pirate on the seas by finding the Secret Treasure Kingdom and collecting all the treasures from each new sea you visit.
How do I gain XP and Coins?
• Search objects on islands
• Battle other ships
How do I customize my pirate?
• Click on the “Hat” icon (Character Customization)
How do I upgrade my cannons and ship?
• Click on the “Ship” icon (Ship Customization). Here, you buy new cannons to replace old ones or fill new cannon holes with.
How do I get more Battle and Island energy?
• 1 point replenishes every 20 minutes
• Or you can purchase them from the Store
There are three categories of currencies in Mighty Pirates: Facebook Credits, Coins and various Resources:
o Wood – used for purchasing ship parts. Wood is found in all regions.
o Iron – used for purchasing cannons. Found in the Caribbean.
o Copper – used for purchasing cannons. Found in Northern Europe.
o Steel – used for purchasing cannons. Found in the Far East.
• Used for fighting against other pirate ships
• Each battle costs 3 battle energy
• Used for searching through objects while on an island
• Each object has cost island energy
Set Sail (ship wheel icon)
• Explore new and unknown islands and territories.
• Do this when you’ve explored every island on your screen, once you you set sail, you won’t be able to go back.
• You can set sail once every 24 hours.
• Each pirate has three attributes which determine his or her effectiveness and strategic role in ship-to-shop battle
o Damage – Increases the amount of damage your cannon does
o Accuracy – Increases the accuracy of your cannon(s)
o Defense – Increases the amount of health repaired when your ship is damaged
• You earn attribute points by gaining levels at a rate of four points per level.
Note: There are clothing pieces that can add stats to your pirate without having you to gain levels.
Treasure Map Pieces
You can obtain treasure map pieces by two methods:
1. Searching Islands:
• Visit and search each island by clicking the objects on that island
• Searching costs island energy.
• You will have a chance to find treasure map pieces that you need for your current collection piece
Note: You cannot have more than of each treasure map piece at any given time. If you find a duplicate piece, you will earn coins instead.
2. Battling Ships:
• Fight another pirate by clicking on a ship.
• A treasure map piece will be shown when you mouse over the pirate ship.
• Yes, it’s a real player that you’ll be fighting.
• If you are victorious, you will take their treasure map piece (if not, you won’t lose anything).
• Note: You can also lose your treasure map pieces (even if you’re away). Make sure to complete a collection as quick as you can so your treasure map pieces can’t be taken.
You can add crew once you’ve reached the proper level to unlock them.
Benefits of crew:
• Increases the amount of actions you can do in battle per turn
• Uses your friend’s stats and applies it to your ship
o The higher level your friend is, the more effective he/she will be
How to Battle
• Battle by taking turns. You attack, your opponent attacks.
• Order your pirates to do actions by clicking on the bottom tool bar or objects on the ship
• Once all pirates have been told to do something, your attack will begin
• Your opponent will receive damage if you’ve hit them with your cannon
• Fire – Randomly shoots one of your cannons
• Scout – Increases the accuracy of your cannons
• Repair – (available if you’ve received damage) Repairs a % of health to your ship & prevents FIRE damage
Note: Pirate order is pre-selected, but you can always click on a particular pirate to use them first if you wish.
When you’ve received damage, you’ll know by the holes and fire on your ship.
Fire Damage (indicated in red):
• “Fire” will continue to damage your ship until you extinguish it by using the “Repair” skill
Winning the Battle
• Defeat your opponent by taking their health down to 0
• You’ll receive Experience, Coins and a treasure map piece you’re attempting to take
Note: If your health reaches 0 first, you’ll lose the battle. If you lose, you’ll still be awarded some experience points but you won’t receive any coins or the treasure map piece.
That’s all folks! Please remind us if there’s anything anything you want us to add!