Facebook Clash of Kingdoms Novice FAQ
Clash of Kingdoms Novice Frequently Asked Questions by Ironman
1. What is determined by the state selection process?
Answer: The state you select determines which kingdom you will belong to.
2. After I’ve selected a state, can I change it later on?
Answer: After a player has selected a state he/she will become a subject of the kingdom that the state belongs to. Each player has the chance to betray his/her kingdom three times.
3. What are the different character personalities?
Balanced: All stats increase equally when leveling up.
Courageous: Power increases faster when leveling up.
Charismatic: Leadership increases faster when leveling up.
Wise: Intellect increases faster when leveling up.
Shrewd: Politics increases faster when leveling up.
3b. What are the different properties of Power, Leadership, Intellect and Politics?
Power: Increases Unit Attack significantly, slightly increases Unit Defense and Troop Size. Also influences Station House Patrol’s effectiveness.
Leadership: Increases Unit Defense significantly, slightly increases Unit Attack and Troop Size. Also influences Repair City Wall’s effectiveness.
Intellect: Increases both Unit Attack and Defense, also increases Troop Size by a slight margin.
Politics: Increases Troop Size significantly and also influences Post House’s Road Maintenance and Expand Market effectiveness.
4. What is more important in battle, troop size or hero stats and specialties?
Answer: In battle there is no absolute formula for success, only by balancing a variety of factors can you ensure victory. First, you’ll need to grasp the importance of teamwork: cooperation with your legion and kingdom are prerequisites for victory. Next, you’ll need to find heroes with high stats and level them up through city activities like Bandit Blowout, Improve Roads and Expand Market. Finally, you must cultivate a massive army. Only armies with high troop size stand a chance in large-scale battles. Don’t forget that the larger your troop, the more food it consumes. No battle is won through one-sided strength, only through balanced growth and cultivation will you find true success.
5. When you first enter the game can you only accumulate resources and recruit soldiers?
Answer: 1. Complete the Beginner’s Quests 2. Build up resources in the capital 3. Concentrate on finishing all other quests.
6. How can I level up quickly?
Answer: 1. Bandit Blowout; 2. Deploy troops into battle; 3. Build up your cities (Repair City Wall, Station House Patrol, Expand Market, Improve Roads)
7. Some actions require Gold. Where do I get Gold?
Answer: You can obtain Gold through the Buy Gold option.
8. What is the purpose of the Warehouse? How do I store things there？
Answer: The Warehouse is used for storing resources. You don’t need to actively store resources; any resources in a manor are automatically in the warehouse. The higher the level of your Warehouse, the more resources you can store inside.
Lv.1 Warehouse 30000
Lv.2 Warehouse 60000
Lv.3 Warehouse 90000
Lv.4 Warehouse 120000
Lv.5 Warehouse 150000
Lv.6 Warehouse 180000
Lv.7 Warehouse 210000
Lv.8 Warehouse 240000
Lv.9 Warehouse 270000
Lv.10 Warehouse 384000
Lv.11 Warehouse 504000
Lv.12 Warehouse 624000
Lv.13 Warehouse 768000
Lv.14 Warehouse 912000
Lv.15 Warehouse 1080000
Lv.16 Warehouse 1392000
Lv.17 Warehouse 1872000
Lv.18 Warehouse 2712000
Lv.19 Warehouse 4080000
Lv.20 Warehouse 6432000
Lv.1 Granary 10000
Lv.2 Granary 20000
Lv.3 Granary 30000
Lv.4 Granary 40000
Lv.5 Granary 50000
Lv.6 Granary 60000
Lv.7 Granary 84000
Lv.8 Granary 117600
Lv.9 Granary 184800
Lv.10 Granary 268800
Lv.11 Granary 352800
Lv.12 Granary 436800
Lv.13 Granary 537600
Lv.14 Granary 638400
Lv.15 Granary 756000
Lv.16 Granary 974400
Lv.17 Granary 1310400
Lv.18 Granary 1898400
Lv.19 Granary 2856000
Lv.20 Granary 4502400
9. Why does it say “your building queue has already reached the limit, you cannot upgrade?”
Answer: The default building queue size is 4 projects. If you already have 4 projects in progress, you’ll need to wait until one of those projects completes before initiating another. You can also use the Lu Ban Manual or the Authoritative Lu Ban Manual to expand your building queue limit to 10 projects!
10. Why don’t you lose silver when recruiting soldiers?
Answer: Recruiting “Clash of Kingdoms” troop types require resources not silver!
11. Does your hero need to bring soldiers when doing Intensive Study?
Answer: When a hero is deployed, doing a bandit blowout or participating in city improvement he/she will need to bring soldiers. The hero’s troop size is decided by his/her Politics. That being said, a hero does not need to bring troops to do intensive study.
12. Resources aren’t shared between manors? How do I transport resources between manors?
Answer: Resources are not shared between Manors. You’ll need to rally a troop of Carriers or Carrier Wagons to help you transport your resources between manors. Once rallied, deploy the troop, resources in tow, to the city you wish to transport to and when they get there just unload the resources and you’re done! Alternatively, you can pay a small fee to transport them instantly at the city Post House.
13. What kind of Hero should I recruit? Which heroes have high stats to begin with and which develop quickly?
14. Why does it always take my Heroes longer than other players’ to reach a battle?
Your Hero’s Troop is restricted by the march speed of the units rallied, and each unit type has its own marching peed. Before battle, try stationing your troops in cities near the front line, this should increase their chances of staying with the main pack when the battle starts!
15. What do the “30% Faster” and “Exact Arrival” functions do in the “Deployment” interface?
Answer: 30% Faster: decreases march time by 30%.
Exact Arrival: Given your unit’s troop speed and the distance to your destination, this function allows you to control what time your troop will arrive at a certain city. Let’s say you want to deploy your Heroes now and they’re scheduled to arrive on June 18th at 8:50 PM, but in order to enter a city simultaneously with your legion you must arrive at 10:00 PM June 18th +/- 30 secs. In this situation, you can use Exact Arrival to ensure that you will arrive within that 30 sec. time frame.
16. How do I adjust attack settings?
Answer: When you Rally a troop, look for the “Combat Settings” button in the upper right to set Attack and Defense settings. Alternatively, when deploying a troop, find the “Attack Settings” button on the bottom right corner of the Deploy window and click to enter the interface. You can select, “Attack enemies within range,” “priorities” and “tactics.”
17. My Troop has reached the front line but has no food and I don’t have a manor in this city. What do I do?
Answer: Units without food provisions cannot participate in battle or reach the target city. You can deploy a Carrier unit to the front line and “Provide Aid” on the Battlefield interface.
18. When you go to battle, do you need to do the fighting yourself, or is it done automatically?
Answer: The system will do all the fighting for you in accordance with your settings and stats.
19. Can I retreat midway through a battle?
Answer: At this point you cannot retreat before a battle has finished.
20. What kind of city should I build my manor in?
Answer: Some cities require that you have a certain rank in order to build a manor there. For instance, if the rank requirement of the city is 5, then you must be of level 5 or above to build a manor in that city. Other than that, where you choose to build your city will be based upon your own tactics. Some cities come with specific features such as increased output of a certain resources. You should keep in mind a city’s particular features and physical location when deciding where to open your manor.
21. If my manor is in a city on the front line, what unit type should I develop?
Answer: You should take into consideration your legion and kingdom’s specific needs when deciding what unit type to develop. Ex: If you’re on the defensive, recruit more archers!
22. How long does it take to completely recover a Hero’s stamina?
Answer: A hero’s stamina will recover by 200 points per hour.
23. What kind of troops should my Hero rally? What specialties should I go for?
Answer: Every Hero will have their own preset specialties, stats and formations. Use this data to decide what unit type to rally. For example, Xu Shu’s Wild Goose Formation significantly increases Archer attack, so most players will have Xu Shu rally Archers.
24. What is the relationship between a City’s level and military strength?
Answer: Before being captured by a Kingdom, every city has NPC Troops defending it. The higher the level of the city, the greater its NPC’s military strength and the higher the level of its troop types.
25. I’ve got a Soldier Tomb Map, why can I still not see my Hero in Treasure Hunt?
Answer: Please disband your troop and then check the Treasure Hunt interface again.
26. How do I increase my rank?
Answer: The premier and other Rank 8 players can adjust your rank. You should try to improve your Contribution or Honor levels to prove your dedication to the Kingdom before requesting an increase in Rank.
27. Is there any way of getting Bronze Mirrors other than spending Gold?
Answer: You can get Bronze Mirrors through completing Missions and participating in activities.
28. If an enemy troop attacks a city that I have troop rallied in, will my Troop start fighting automatically or do I need to activate the troop somehow?
Answer: The troop will start fighting automatically.
29. How are counterattacks calculated? Why does it seem that the counterattack is always pretty weak?
Answer: The strength of a counterattack is 10% of a normal attack.
30. Can you recall a Hero who has already been deployed?
Answer: As of now there is no recall function.
31. Can the effects of multiple training grounds within one manor stack? For instance, if I have two training grounds both adding 5% percent, is the overall effect?
Answer: You can only build one Training Ground in a manor.
32. How do I use the Soldier Tomb Map and Dreamsong Folk Scripture?
Go to The Caves to use the Soldier Tomb Map in a Treasure Hunt and the Dreamsong Folk Scripture in Intensive Study.
33. How do I abandon a Manor?
Go into the Manor, click on Manor Management on the right panel and then click “abandon.”
34. If the city in which my manor is located is taken by another kingdom, do I lose that manor?
35. Can I plunder resources or do I have to accumulate them all myself?
Answer: As of now you can’t plunder resources in the game.
36. How are a troop type’s attack and defense calculated?
Answer: A troop type’s attack and defense is calculated by multiplying a single troop’s attack and defense by the number of troops.
37. How do I delete a character and create a new one?
Answer: As of this time you cannot delete characters.
38. How do I use a Legion Card?
Answer: Click on the “activities” button on the top-left corner of the main interface. Find the “Join a Legion, get rewards” activity to use the card.
39. Do you have to use gold to recruit a Purple Hero? How much gold will I have to use in the Tavern to find Zhuge Liang or Lu Bu?
Answer: The chance of getting a legendary Hero when you refresh in the tavern is relatively low. You can increase that chance by using the Buy a Round function.
40. How much Silver will it cost to upgrade a troop type’s technology to the highest level?
Technology Name Level Upgrade Cost
Flying Daggers 1 17500
Flying Daggers 2 58600
Flying Daggers 3 123100
Flying Daggers 4 234500
Flying Daggers 5 293100
Flying Daggers 6 351700
Flying Daggers 7 410400
Flying Daggers 8 469000
Flying Daggers 9 527600
Flying Daggers 10 586200
Flying Daggers 11 644900
Flying Daggers 12 703500
Flying Daggers 13 762100
Flying Daggers 14 820800
Flying Daggers 15 879400
Flying Daggers 16 938000
Flying Daggers 17 996600
Flying Daggers 18 1055300
Flying Daggers 19 1113900
Flying Daggers 20 1172500
41. How do I check a deployed unit’s status?
Answer: Click on the “Hero” button in the top left panel of the main interface. All of your Hero’s statuses are displayed there.
42. How do I get the books that are used in Intensive Study?
Answer: You can get them through participating in Bandit Blowouts.
43. How do I use Carrier Units?
Answer: First, rally a Troop with Carrier Units and load them with resources. Then, deploy the unit to the desired city and when they reach unload the resources.
44. Do Formations have any effect on Siege Weapons?
45. Why won’t Lu Sun’s “sea of flames” specialty activate when commanding a Cavalry unit?
Answer: Some specialties can only be used with a particular troop type. In this case, the “sea of flames” specialty only works with archer units.
46. What happens to my Hero when injured in battle?
Answer: Your Hero will recover from injury in battle after a certain period of time.
47. Where are the Food Reserves? I can’t find it!
Answer: You can find the Reserves on the Battlefield in the right side formation panel. If you can’t see that information, then you don’t have a high enough rank to view that info.
48. Can rank and title be combined? For instance, could a Rank III Viscount (the 3rd title) create a manor in a Lv. 5 city?
Answer: Mostly, Title and Rank cannot be combined.
49. What order should I follow in upgrading technology? I’ve already maxed my manor creation technology, what should I do next?
Answer: There is no particular order you need to follow in upgrading technology. Just follow your instincts!
50. The system information reports that tens of thousands of troops are on the attack, but the first groups to arrive have just a couple troops each. What’s going on?
Answer: The system information is reporting on the total number of units en route to the target city. The system will also report the time that the first troop will arrive at the target city. Of course, it’s immensely difficult to have 10,000 soldiers arrive at a city simultaneously, so the majority of attack Troops will arrive well after the time listed.
FAQ by Evermore
1. We know that Archers get a bonus in damage against Calvary. So what do calvary get bonus against? and what do infantry get a bonus against?
A: infantry good against Archers
Archers good against Cavalry
Cavalry good against Infantry
2. How to transfer resource between manors
rally troops with the resources you want to transfer and deploy them to your desired manor. That’s when you need Carriers and Carrier Wagons that can be built from barracks or stable.
3. How to idle a hero
u click rally and u just select a random troop then at amount of units replace it with 0 and it will automatically become 0 food and then click rally and they will ask if u wanna disband the troops and u click yes
4. Is the max number of troops of each kind you can hire every single time is always 100?
A: 100 is the max if you want to make more than that at one time build another building of that type
5. Does the troops consume food even thought they are not in battle???
A: no food is only consumed when troops are deployed
6. How do you resupply troops that are not at one of your manors?
A: deploy carriers to that location with food then enter the city, click battlefield tab, click your carriers then provide aid the unit you want to resupply
7. I want to delete my other manor but I don’t know how. Can somone help me?
A: enter the city you want to abandon your manor, click manage manors on the right, then abandon manor and voila you are done. I suggest moving you resources and troops out beforehand or you’ll lose them
8. How can you increase the max limit of stamina? I was trying to deploy my army to a certain place, but I found out that it requires 2280 stamina. But all my heros’ max limit of stamina is only 2000.
A: there is no way to increase your stamina limit if you cant get the entire distance you have to split the trip into 2 parts
9. How to pull back your heroes from faraway cities if they have not enough provisions.
send enough carriers to supply them both with enough food to get back and remember to factor in the amount that will be consumed getting them there.go to the city and then go to battlefield. Click on your carriers and select provide aid then click on the troops you want to give food to.
New Player’s Q & A
1. How to get gold?
Click Buy Gold at the top right in game.
2. How many Development points required to create a legion?
3. First day in the game, what to do?
Follow Missions to develop yourself step by step. Manors and silver are very important for you at the beginning.
4. How do you feed your troops?
Rally TroopsàSelect a heroàUpload food for the hero at Resources panelàRally
5. When will King’s Order be given?
KO will help to take Village, Hamlet and Town at the first three days after a new server is opened, twice each day. What city will KO attack? It’s random.
6. How do you attack in the battlefield screen?
The battlefield in city is not for attacking, it shows the troops in the city, it’s for defending the city.
7. How do I add more heroes?
CityàTavern, you can recruit heroes here. Host a Feast could help increase the chance to get legendary heroes. Upgrade Hero Summit could help you get more heroes.
8. Is there any quick way to get lots of silver?
Build silver manors containing only Residence and Resource lots.
9. How to upgrade the manor?
The manor cannot be upgraded.
10. If I have 50 gold now, and I want to try to get gold heroes at tavern, what’s the best I do, try with toast 1 gold or 50 gold? Any suggestion to get gold heroes?
Host a Feast with 50 gold could help increase the chance to get gold heroes. It’s up to you.
11. I need help getting a new hero in my army but it keeps telling me to get rid of a idle member first, how do I make them idle?
Select that heroàTroopàRally TroopsàSet units to 0àRally. Then the hero will become idle.
12. How do I heal my injured heroes in battle, and how long it will take?
It will take 12 hours for the injured heroes to recover automatically.
13. Where can I buy weapons and amours?
14. Where to see Missions?
The first icon at the lower right in game.
15. How to donate?
Donate Food: City interfaceàReserves, click to donate. You cannot donate if the Reserves is full.
Donate Silver: KingdomàLandmarksàdonate
16. Due to my hero maximum is 5 and now I have 5……how I can dismiss some hero to recruit a better one from tavern?
Click that heroàDismiss
17. How to appoint the governor? After appointing him……are there any effect on city economic?
Only premiers can appoint a governor. If you are premier, go to palace of a specific city, and you can appoint governor there
There’s no effect bonus, but the governor can initiate city tasks.
18. Can we exchange resource with other players? If yes, how?
You can’t exchange resource with players; you can exchange them in CityàMarket by using gold or coupon.
19. Is there any chance to get a legendary hero from tavern by only offer a toast (I mean without pay for gold)?
I can tell you very small chance to get gold hero with offer a toast in Tavern.
20. If a hero appear on Tavern and I didn’t recruit them yet, are there any change that he going to leave the tavern within that day?
They won’t leave until you refresh the tavern by host a feast or other methods.
21. How to upgrade tavern?
Tavern cannot be upgraded.
22. Where can I find Arena button?
The second button on the right of your avatar panel.
23. How to rally troops for a hero?
Manor interface: Rally TroopsàSelect a heroàChoose Formation, Units, and take some foodàRally.
Provision shows that the food you take for your troops can support how many rounds of attack in Bandit Blowout and battles. On the battlefield, movements will not cost food provisions, but attack does. For example, if it shows that Provision: 21 rounds, it means that you can finish 21 rounds of bandit blowout or attack 21 times in the battle.
24. How to create a manor?
World mapàEnter a city which belongs to your kingdom and you have no manor thereàCreate Manor.
If manor limit is reached, Click Research and upgrade Empire of One. It will help you create more manors.
25. If I don’t want the combat in historical campaign and in last man standing. What happen if I click on Leave Battle? Does that mean I’m quit and I’m lost or not?
Leave Battle doesn’t mean you lose, it just means that you don’t watch it for the moment, and the battle there will continue, and the result will not change.
26. How can I talk?
We have different chat channel in game: World, Kingdom, Legion and PM. Select the channel first then type your words and Enter.
27. How can I get Bronze Mirror?
EmporiumàHot ItemsàBronze Mirror
28. How do I use the bronze mirror and where do I use it?
Donate Bronze Mirror to get your Title promoted.
Click your avataràTitle PromotionàEnter the AmountàDonate.
29. How do I go to world map?
Click World at the top right corner in game.
30. Is there any report for battle that I can look?
When the battle comes to an end, you will receive a battle report in your mailbox, and you can check it there.
31. What is Empire of One?
When your manor limit is reached, you can upgrade Empire of One to create more manors.
32. How to use coupons?
Coupons can be used to buy resources & certain items, and set Exact Arrival.
33. How to claim the reward for the event from Events & Announcements panel?
Click Events & Announcements panelàChoose the event you take part inàClick Claim Reward.
34. How to use exchange code?
EmporiumàExchange CodeàEnter your CodeàViewàExchange
35. I have total 5 heroes but only 2 heroes can attack in last man standing battle. Can u tell me why?
Enter ArenaàInspect TroopsàRally Troops, then you can set more heroes to join in the battle there.
36. How to level up my hero?
Get more Exp for your heroes. Exp can be gained by doing bandit blowout, patrolling cities, improving roads, repairing walls etc. and of course taking part in battles.
37. When can we receive 50k sliver in answer the quiz in academy?
The Silver you receive from doing the quiz becomes more and more as time goes by after the server is opened.
38. How do I cancel troop deployments?
Once the troop is deployed, it cannot be cancelled.
39. Where’s the hero summit?
40. What to do to make higher rank?
You can be promoted or demoted in rank by the Premier or other players of Rank IX.
41. How to get more heroes? /How do I get new heroes?
CityàTavern, recruit more there.
42. How/where can I find a city landmark so I can donate?
43. How can I increase commerce?
Commerce can be increased by Expanding Market.
44. How to know how many troops for those heroes?
Manor interfaceàRallied Troops, you can see details about rallied troops there.
45. What is Rank used for?
Sometimes a certain Rank is required to create a manor in a city, or check the defending troops of a city.
46. If I betray kingdom all my army will gone?
Click the button “Betray”, then you will see more details about “After Betrayal”.
47. I’ve just started. I have just found some men outside my citadel and was wondering how I can attach them to my hero?
Rally TroopsàSelect a heroàChoose Formation & Units, and of course don’t forget to take some food for your troop.
48. I viewed the world map now I can’t get back to my manor what should I do?
Click Manors on your avatar panel, then select the one you want to go back.
49. How can our legion make private chatting?
Set your chat channel to Legion.
50. How to delete character?
The character cannot be deleted. You can create a new account and create new character in game.
51. Can I recall my generals once they have been deployed?
Sorry, you cannot recall heroes which have been deployed.
52. How do you improve a road?
CityàPost HouseàImprove RoadsàSelect a heroàDispatch
53. What is provision?
Provision shows the food you take for your troop could support how many rounds in battle.
54. Where to get tutorials?
55. How do I betray my kingdom and join another?
56. How to use Mithril for enhance?
Heroes panelàGearàChoose oneàEnhance
57. How to get lvl 2 prestige level? and honor?
Prestige level is determined by total accumulated prestige points. Put your mouse over Prestige level, then you will see more details about how to level up.
Honor points are earned by killing enemy units on the battlefield.
58. How can I level up my player and army?
Get more Exp for your character. Exp can be gained by doing bandit blowout, patrolling cities, improving roads, repairing walls etc. and of course taking part in battles.
ResearchàUpgrade related skills, then you can recruit more advanced units.
59. How to attack?
Rally Troops for your heroes first, then click the city you want to attack on the world map, then deploy there.
60. I want to ask about manor’s lord token…if I have manage 13 manors and I use manor’s lord token, I can manage 14 manors?
How to use Manor’s Lord Token?
61. How do I send resources to my other manor without having to buy gold?
You can use Carriers and Carrier Wagons to transport resources.
62. Why my units in historical campaign are different from those in real battles?
Units in Historical Campaign are all sent by the system automatically when taking part in it. They are not the units you’ve recruited.
63. How to decrease recruitment time?
Build a Training Ground in your manor. Level up the Training Ground will help decrease the recruitment time.
64. How can I have more troops?
Build Barracks, Stable, or Archery Range in your manor, and you can recruit units of different types there.
65. How to get more manors?
Upgrade Empire of One. ResearchàEmpire of OneàUpgrade
66. What will happen if only one kingdom remains in a server?
After the server is unified, you can choose to have a server transfer, and all your gold and heroes will be kept in the new server. More details about server transfer will be released soon.
67. What’s the objective of this game?
To conquer all rival kingdoms and unify the server with your buddies.
68. How to get exchange code?
Join a legion first, and ask for it from your legion commander.
69. How to idle a hero?
Rally TroopsàSelect a heroàSet Units to 0àRally
70. How do I dispatch a hero to another city or town?
Rally Troops for the hero first, then click a city on world map and deploy there.
71. How can I gain badge?
Badges are rewarded once a week based on your rating at the end of the previous week.
72. What’s Hero Summit?
ResearchàHero Summit, it could help you recruit more heroes.
73. How do I leave a legion?
74. How do I remove a hero that I don’t want?
Click Heroes at the bottom of your avatar panelàSelect that one you don’t want any moreàDismiss
75. How to get more silver from the Quiz in Academy?
The silver you could get from doing the quiz becomes more and more as time goes by after a server is opened.
76. Is it allowed to have 2 accounts in 2 different servers?
If you have only one account, you could have different characters in different servers.
But creating different characters in one server with one account is not allowed.